It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Time of the month again (Woman problems)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Unsayable given any respect / rather unsanitary behaviour lol

edit on 8-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is what im talking about ! Old school

Ancient Egyptians used a compress of linen with a sponge on top, like a pad. They also had internal menstrual protection of rolled cotton or papyrus. Yep, that's right: tampons! If the woman had strange pains of other indications that the bleeding was unnatural, there were many herbal remedies a doctor would blend, wrap in linen, and use as a suppository. Basically, a tampon filled with herbs and honey. How nice! The ancient Greeks invented tampons made from lint wrapped around a small piece of wood, recorded in writing by the famous Hippocrates in the 5th century B.C. Israelite women had a really hard time. They were considered "unclean," and anything they touched or sat on was unclean. When a woman has a discharge and the discharge form her body is blood, she will remain in a state of menstrual pollution for seven days. Anyone who touches her will be unclean. Anything that she lies on in this state will be unclean; Anyone who touches her bed must wash clothing and body. If a man goes so far as to sleep with her, he will contract her menstrual pollution and be unclean for seven days. Once she is cured of her discharge, she will allow seven days to go by; after that she will be clean. On the eighth day she will take two turtledoves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance of the Tent of Meeting. The priest will offer one of them as a sacrifice for the sin and the other as a burnt offering." (Leviticus 15:19-30) Seven days unclean, then another seven days had to go by after she was "cured." In a cycle that took place every 28 days, that meant she was "clean" only half the time. Because of this, the women were secluded during their period. They didn't have much, so a couple yards of linen was used to absorb the blood, which then had to be washed out by hand. This horrendous hassle is what gave menstruating women a bad reputation throughout the Dark Ages and even up until the Age of Enlightenment. Women in the Middle Ages also made tampons. Cotton was easy to come by. They would roll these into a suppository with a string attached from the cotton "tampon" to their upper thigh, believing that if they didn't, the tampon would float up and lodge in their uterus. Here's an herbal recipe: Take half a drachma of triacle diatesseron, the same amounts of cockle flour and myrrh, and grind them together with bull's gall in which savin or rue has been rotted. Then cover the mixture with cotton and thereof make a suppository as large as your little finger and put it in your privy member, but first anoint it with clean honey and oil together, sprinkle powder of scammony on it, and put it in the privy member; one can do the same with lupin root, and that is much better. Of course, this sort of weird concoction made the woman bloat badly. Many cultures used different ways to help a women during "that time of the month," but usually the cure was the same as today: a tampon of cotton or cloth, or a dressing of linen like a pad, with herbs to take care of the pain. They did not simply "sit in a hole." Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

I am currently going through "the change" and it is far worse! My best advice to you is to tell you how my husband handled the situation for years. He knew when it was getting close to "that time" and he did his prep work. He would make sure the house was fully stocked with MIDOL complete, plenty of feminine hygienne products, and a vast amount and wide variety of chocolate foods. He would also pitch in with more of the household chores, hand over the television remote to me and would refuse to retaliate whenever I tried to get him riled up. He also seemed to get a lot more outside chores done during that time of the month. Wise man!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by judus

I am currently going through "the change" and it is far worse! My best advice to you is to tell you how my husband handled the situation for years. He knew when it was getting close to "that time" and he did his prep work. He would make sure the house was fully stocked with MIDOL complete, plenty of feminine hygienne products, and a vast amount and wide variety of chocolate foods. He would also pitch in with more of the household chores, hand over the television remote to me and would refuse to retaliate whenever I tried to get him riled up. He also seemed to get a lot more outside chores done during that time of the month. Wise man!

Wow.

I sound so like your hubby

At work today I have even found some material that she needed for a job, maybe it will soften the blow when I get in.

I used to fight back but decided it was a fight I have to walk away from.

She asked me the other night if I would go with her to her side of the family's get together. I do not know any of these people really and have always gone in the past, so i decided to say NO I did not want too and now two days of hate.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Historically, a menstruating woman was considered sacred and powerful,[12] with increased psychic abilities, and strong enough to heal the sick[13] According to the Cherokee, menstrual blood was a source of feminine strength and had the power to destroy enemies.[14] In Ancient Rome, Pliny the Elder wrote that a menstruating woman who uncovers her body can scare away hailstorms, whirlwinds and lightning. If she strips naked and walks around the field, caterpillars, worms and beetles fall off the ears of corn.[15] Menstrual blood is especially dangerous to men's power

One example given is Khoisan women in the Kalahari, who are ritually most powerful when menstruating. In her special hut, the 'New Maiden' is thought to be inviolable – having only to snap her fingers to bring down lightning on any disrespectful male.

en.wikipedia.org...

Western culture these days take a skewed view that moon time is weird and turns us into man hating nutters. That's not true. Have you ever seen a woman due to give birth? Some women will become all centered and insular deep in thought or slightly aggravated as though they may have PMS even before the first twinges of labour. It is their time and whether they embrace that time to be formidable is their choice alone. I prefer to embrace that week as a formidable force of nature. OH doesn't walk on eggshells but is mindful that during that time I don't suffer fools gladly..Nobody, no matter who they be are permitted to be blatant piss takers on that weeks watch.

Of course it doesn't suit some people, in that case there's plenty can be done to soothe the fiery menstrual soul such as St Johns Wort or Vitex agnus castus (Chaste berry), Evening Primrose etc,but perhaps she just wants to embrace that time as her private time and just doesn't want to be fussed with, fussed over or made to feel like she's doing wrong. She isn't doing anything wrong. She is being her special time of the month self. It's highly unlikely she's secretly plotting to kill you or actually hates you...
edit on 8-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by judus

does getting your tubes tied stop that cycle?

i heard that if a girl exercises too much or rides a bike alot, that she wont bleed any more.

(and cant have babies?)

?????

um so. yea.

peace.
edit on 8-8-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

No getting your tubes tied doesn't stop periods. The uterus still sheds it's lining every month regardless of an egg not being able to reach it.

Excessive exercise can stop periods yes.....The bike riding, never heard of such a thing. Although riding bikes and horses can tear a virgins hymen, but so can tampons.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

Three words.

Medically induced coma.

Wake her up in a week and everything will be hunky dory again.

But truth be told, you are a better man than I. I refuse to put up with a Pyscho one week out of the month, regardless of how much she apoligizes. Entirely to much stress.

I like to think that I am a patient and forgiving guy, but I can only put up with so much before it turns into that time of the month for me as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

No getting your tubes tied doesn't stop periods. The uterus still sheds it's lining every month regardless of an egg not being able to reach it.

As my ex used to say...

"EEWWWWW!"

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by judus

Don't worry- I'm sure she will get over it. Years ago my husband did not attend all of my side of the family's functions as he didn't know them well and sometimes felt uncomfortable. Then before a big family function we sat down and had a long talk. I asked him how will you ever become comfortable if you don't take the opportunity to GET to know them? He took what I said to heart and started making a concerted effort to get to know all of my family. Now he's the first one out the door hurrying me when it's time to go to a family get together, and we host the biggest family party at our house (Christmas Eve) every year and have done so for years.

Heck, nowdays he's closer to some of my family members than I am! It will all work out!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

As my ex used to say...

"EEWWWWW!"

I think it it should be a requirement that if a man wants to have sex, they need to have a little understanding about how the female body works. If it was men having periods, not only would we know all about it, there would be gross jokes and the likes to go with it. (think fart jokes)

As far as SInny recommending the Depo, for me it made things worse. Every women is different, so I would say the pill is a safer option since there are many different types. You can skip the placebo pills to avoid periods, and it is considered safe to do now days. If the variety of pill that is being taken cause bigger mood-swings, you can stop taking them and try another, with the Depo you have to wait 3 months or longer for it to get out of your system.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by TDawgRex

As my ex used to say...

"EEWWWWW!"

I think it it should be a requirement that if a man wants to have sex, they need to have a little understanding about how the female body works. If it was men having periods, not only would we know all about it, there would be gross jokes and the likes to go with it. (think fart jokes)

As far as SInny recommending the Depo, for me it made things worse. Every women is different, so I would say the pill is a safer option since there are many different types. You can skip the placebo pills to avoid periods, and it is considered safe to do now days. If the variety of pill that is being taken cause bigger mood-swings, you can stop taking them and try another, with the Depo you have to wait 3 months or longer for it to get out of your system.

Trust me, I know. I have five older sisters and I was am the baby of the family. And have had a handful of Girlfriends/Fiancees.

Some were better than others. I guess it's just finding the right method for the individual. .

I've served my time in hell.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by judus

Wild Yam and Black Cohosh everyday. Get it from the health food store. It balances hormones.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

First of all, there is no scientific data that shows that any birth control causes women to gain weight, and there is none that shows that going off of BC that women will lose weight either.

As for Depo, there are many tests that show that not all women will not have their period while taking it, many will still spot, and the shot can also cause many women to have reaction to the shot, it can make it more difficult after stopping the shot to get pregnant, depending how long they stay on the Depo shot. There are also many other side effects to Depo that need to be researched before anyone goes on it.

The lady that her husband is talking about sounds like she could have a hormone imbalance, and if she is on the pill she may need to have it adjusted at bit, to have a different level of hormones. Sounds like she needs to consult her doctor.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

You could recommend Falun Dafa Qi Gong cutltivation practice to her on a good day, it is free of charge and can make any person more peaceful and compassionate. Furthermore it does not cost a cent.

Here is the link:

Falun Dafa

I have had extensive experience of angry females, I know your suffering, it can not go on like that forever. Let´s face it, maybe you had reversed roles in another lifetime and now you pay back the karma to her... Another thing is that we men have become so afraid of our wives, and we should tell them to start to behave better like a virtuous woman with compassion and softness - and respect for her husband. What are we afraid of?.. Is she really not suffering from her own character flaws?

In old China there is a saying: Spouses should treat eachother as guests at home and on other occassions.

Just my two cents, no truth from me..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join