It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Time of the month again (Woman problems)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
That Time of the month again (Woman problems)

I am reaching out on this thread and finding out if there are others in the same boat as me.
I and my wife have been married for over 10 years have kid’s normal family life. My wife is a determined soul with an eye for perfection. She is normally quite chilled and works hard at what she does.

But there is another side! That time of the month side.

So for the last two days she has not spoke to me, for mainly trivia things. I even get the feeling that she does not want to reside in the same room as me during this week. If I even look at her in any way she will have me. Now this has gone on for some years and I even feel the tension in air building up to the week. Don’t get me wrong she is not violent in anyway but has look that says she would not piss on me if I was on fire.

Gulp

On Dec. 16, 1980 a 36-year-old Englishwoman named Christine English ended a love affair in the most conclusive way possible: She ran down her boyfriend and killed him. Last November she pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but was discharged from custody and was deprived of her driver's license for only a year. The decision was electrifying, but not without precedent. The day before, Sandie Smith, 29, an East London barmaid, had been placed on probation for carrying a knife and threatening to kill a policeman, though she was already on probation for stabbing another barmaid to death. The reason for leniency: Smith, like English, was ruled to be in the grip of a biological force beyond her control—a compulsion to violence triggered by premenstrual tension.

www.people.com...

So I thought I would ask the ATS men if you have similar problems.
I have this monthly event now marked in a calendar so I can get my S**t in order before the week of evil begins.
In the past I have fought back which has ended in messy results and have now reverted to staying out of her way. But the constant walking on egg shells is becoming a strain on my soul and I feel how she should notget away with this behaviour and blame it on hormones. Shoe on the other foot would be interesting.

Am I alone in this female hell?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

OUCH.... i feel really bad for girls, they suffer alot, the whole bleeding, and then birthing painfully, im a dude and i have horrific nightmares... lol... i.. i mean ouch.

um.

OK THEORETICAL QUESTION: if you woke up one day and you were now a girl, what could you do to NOT bleed, you know, time of the month.

does getting your tubes tied stop that cycle?

i heard that if a girl exercises too much or rides a bike alot, that she wont bleed any more.

(and cant have babies?)

?????

um so. yea.

peace.
edit on 8-8-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Tell her to get the Depo injection, once every 3 months, no pregnancy, no periods, no mood swings, no hormones

Thats my little secret

Yak! I dont why everyone doesn't take it, I never want to have a monthly!! lol

Some women moan it makes them gain weight, so they opt out, but I'm a slim size 8, and 9st, I've noticed the women that moan about the weight gain, are fat f*cks any way aha!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
No. No, you are not..

Is someone in possession of information about "why"? Is it to bite back any male during infertile state? But what use does that have?

Nature took such a big effort to hide womens fertility-dates, why does it give us men such an obvious clue about "okay, now wait 7 days, then add two or three days, and then *bungabunga*"?

link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Tell her to get the Depo injection, once every 3 months, no pregnancy, no periods, no mood swings, no hormones

Thats my little secret

Yak! I dont why everyone doesn't take it, I never want to have a monthly!! lol

Some women moan it makes them gain weight, so they opt out, but I'm a slim size 8, and 9st, I've noticed the women that moan about the weight gain, are fat f*cks any way aha!

LOL HAHA whoa.

what in the lalala is a DEPO injection!?!

peace.

link   
Oh god that time of the month. Women vary quite a lot, a couple of my ex's used to just be a bit grumpy and a little argumentative. One of them was CRAZY, like you describe.

One of my ex's actually got really horny.. we didn't do anything, well we kind of did.. but.. you know.

Women never cease to amaze me!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Oh god that time of the month. Women vary quite a lot, a couple of my ex's used to just be a bit grumpy and a little argumentative. One of them was CRAZY, like you describe.

One of my ex's actually got really horny.. we didn't do anything, well we kind of did.. but.. you know.

Women never cease to amaze me!

Haha.. I like how you trailed off!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I have brought the subject up before of alternative treatment ( i didn't call it that when I was speaking her )

And you know what her answer was ?

Me leave for a week lol

She is not too bad when speaking on the phone over this time its more when we are face to face.

I have made the mistake in the past of pointing out that her mood is related to the time of the month. As you can well imagine this went down like a lead balloon

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Needle in my ass:

en.wikipedia.org...

I personnally think theres nothing more vile than being on a period! lol

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

Im with you men on this one. I dont get women!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is the reason woman should not be allowed to run countries... Only joking.

I have also heard that woman who are in close contact often seem to change and have the week at the same time ?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have an implant. No three monthly injections, only once every 5 years, have a small stick inserted under the skin of your arm. No bad feelings, no periods, no dates to remember, its heaven.

First of all, whatever your wife thinks during that week feels real to her. The thinking gets completely screwed up but it feels real, the gripes she has, the reasons behind it, all feel true. But if it has such a negative effect on you and she loves you, I am afraid she has to take some responsibility as well.

Do not suggest these things while she has her women's problem, wait until she can think normal again. Best to write it all down. Tell her that you don't blame her but that nevertheless it has an effect on you and that you suffer needlessly, because there are ways to stop this!
Suggest the alternatives again, with the positives pointed out to her. It could be that she doesn't know much about them or she may have heard only bad things. Also tell her that she absolutely HAS to acknowledge that her behaviour has a negative effect you and that this can't continue.

The positives of the implant or the injection seem to outweigh the effects of her behaviour, which, lets face it, can't feel good for her either.
I have to say there is no weight gain unless you are already prone to it. I have not gained any and don't know anyone who has.

If she cares about you and herself, she will have to think about a solution and the solutions on offer are not evil but very very very good [from a woman's point of view]

Good luck

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
I have an implant. No three monthly injections, only once every 5 years, have a small stick inserted under the skin of your arm. No bad feelings, no periods, no dates to remember, its heaven.

First of all, whatever your wife thinks during that week feels real to her. The thinking gets completely screwed up but it feels real, the gripes she has, the reasons behind it, all feel true. But if it has such a negative effect on you and she loves you, I am afraid she has to take some responsibility as well.

Do not suggest these things while she has her women's problem, wait until she can think normal again. Best to write it all down. Tell her that you don't blame her but that nevertheless it has an effect on you and that you suffer needlessly, because there are ways to stop this!
Suggest the alternatives again, with the positives pointed out to her. It could be that she doesn't know much about them or she may have heard only bad things. Also tell her that she absolutely HAS to acknowledge that her behaviour has a negative effect you and that this can't continue.

The positives of the implant or the injection seem to outweigh the effects of her behaviour, which, lets face it, can't feel good for her either.
I have to say there is no weight gain unless you are already prone to it. I have not gained any and don't know anyone who has.

If she cares about you and herself, she will have to think about a solution and the solutions on offer are not evil but very very very good [from a woman's point of view]

Good luck

Thanks I will bring this up after a few glasses of wine and a nice meal.

By the way how did you get the pic of my wife in your profile

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Antipsychotics can take off periods nuttier problems (not recommended) and so an alternative would be St.John's Wort - an powerful anti-depressant from dried natural form (pre/during flowering) . Or health shop .
If it s that bad . Where it is a blood cleasing and removal process(the eggs) a daily dose of echinachea takes off psychotic symptoms (thc/non-psychoactive variety) too as well as cleaning (a natural anti-biotic)
Replacement of blood components to the body (iron , water , magnesium , oxygen etc etc) take time to assimilate to the body , so provide easy sources . Red meat / fluids / fruit juice - blood coloured / black fruits etc

Cutting a long story short , take her to the health food and supplements shop , devise other methods , and provide new distractions (toys/games) regularly .
People cant seem to take a lot of psychological disturbance , just , at home these days . REmember to yourself (but not her) that life could have been a lot harder in the old days. It would nt have been pleasant without the towels , or enough hot water , or adequate easy disposal systems .

I am not a doctor , or a nutritionist so dont take my advice . But you can research chocolate , and you know it makes sense . Not your Hershey bars or commercial chocolate - you dont want that . But you want as close to the real powdered choc powder as possible - from south america , or nibs , found from good health food sites.
Prepare this into hot chocolate or coat nuts and dried fruit in this melted in with normal chocolate .
The result is happy brain chemistry , nature's way , as it contains trypophan , a full list of essential and trace nutrients , and other active compounds as above . I find drinking this too relaxing so i dont , but it could ofuse to you .
One last is malt . Malt in the old world was being made every day . These days is very hard to get . You need to make your own , unless you are lucky. Properly malted barley or wheat , (with the enzymes) , takes the stress off the digestion system (it adds essential enzymes like foodtech bio-yogurts) .
Taking stress off digestion is taking stress off all body processes . _Warm malted milk is one form of preparation , among many and it is added to breads , and to used to make beer , and through the latter process used to make water more fit for drinking (biological digestion) . Just one hit , one slurp on malted milk - you will know what I am talking about when it is of benefit . Most of these suggestions work instantly

edit on 8-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't trust any creature that bleeds for 4 days and lives, period.
edit on 8-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Thanks

I wonder what they used to use in past times ?

A rolled out rat or a stiff mouse.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
In reply to the OP:

You ain't seen nothing yet my friend. Wait until she goes through 'change of life' and your current problem will pale into insignificance.
There were many occasions at my place of work when girls would ring up unable to come into work and when asked why would say "Womens problems"! This was acknowledged with the customary "Oh. Right ho"!
I thought I would try this and quoted the reason as "Mens problems" but was told to bring in a Doctors Certificate or I wouldn't get paid.
PMS would have been called "Mad Cows Disease" but unfortunately it had already been patented in Great Britain.

It is all part of the learning curve of life my friend and, as a senior lady once told me, "If you men had to live in a womans body for a while you would be screaming to get out within a week, and I won't mention giving birth"!
Look forward to the time when you are both sat in your rocking chairs on the porch. It'll all be over.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus

I have also heard that woman who are in close contact often seem to change and have the week at the same time ?

Correct you are. Quite common. I attended an all girls academy for four years, syncing up on cycles, came with the territory.....

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by judus

Correct you are. Quite common. I attended an all girls academy for four years, syncing up on cycles, came with the territory.....

Des

OMG

It must have been hell on earth in there ! A whole academy full of pre teen hormonal maniacs.

So when you have a group of woman all doing what they do at the same time. Do you feel the same way to other woman or is it just men ? IE The hate feeling
edit on 8-8-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

The school held 400 girls, plus the nuns, teachers. I wouldn't say hate, but the cattiness factor spiked once a month.

Also, it seemed the sports teams became a bit more aggressive during those times. I would notice, after the summer breaks, it would take approx. 3 months for the maximum syncing up levels to peak again.

This is what led to my interest on phases of the moon. As a lot of women know, we are in sync with those too.

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join