It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Supports Inclusion Of Gays in Boy Scouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So I was reading a thread earlier and several posters suggested Willard hasn't done anything good, I beg to differ. He supports the inclusion of gays in the Boy Scouts of America! This is great, and while it won't win him my vote, I think it is very noteworthy. I am really surprised by this stance, given that he is a conservative and he opposes gay marriage. But, this is one issue, which Willard has not flipped flopped on. He also did it before it was "cool" or "PC"

Republican Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, has a public position on the Boy Scouts' gay ban -- two of them. "I feel that all people should be able to participate in the Boy Scouts regardless of their sexual orientation," he said. But, he affirmed, "I support the right of the Boy Scouts of America to decide what it wants to do on that issue."

Source

edit on 8-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow! I think this is the only position I've seen from him that supposedly hasn't changed over the years - three or four times!

President campaign, responding to a 1994 video recently surfaced by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), confirmed over the weekend that Romney still believes gay Americans should be allowed to participate in the Boy Scouts.

Campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said that Romney’s 1994 comments, where he said that the Boy Scouts should welcome members who are gay, “remains Romney’s position today.”

Source

I'm really surprised by this. It won't get my vote either, but I know he's had some fairly liberal views over the years. At once, he was more liberal than Obama, but recently, he's listing far to the right.

edit on 8/8/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

join