It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 4.4 - GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Increased activity around the world, is there a link between this quake in L.A. and the volcanic activity in New Zealand?. time will tell

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.washingtonpost.com... 2b1243f34c85_story.html

Seismologist Nick Sheckel from the California Institute of Technology says the quake hit at 11:23 p.m. Tuesday and was centered two miles east of Yorba Linda in northern Orange County, which is about 35 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

all debate and input welcome, peace out people.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There's a prediction going on at the moment about a big tsunami etc. in California and another place. Can't remember.

Apparently it's been predicted by the same guy who correctly predicted the Japan quake, days before it happened.

Maybe this is another correct prediction, but hopefully it's not ... And this 4.4 is the worst it will be and no more.

Prediction Thread
edit on 8/8/12 by faryjay because: Thread added

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Lol Illuminati symbolism.

mmmm times do seem to be ramping up quickly.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Jeebus!
I hope they dont call that music.....
it sounds like an earthquake in progress.....too many years on the end of a chain saw does that to yer ears i guess....
The prediction runs up to saterday i believe...though im not sure oif the guy put out his 104 hour warning yet.....
As it is this puny 4.4 is probably a foreshock of the bigger event we all expect....with no real way of timing when the biggie will happen its anyones guess....
The LA area can take a little 4.4 in stride i think....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
lol 4.4! are you really starting a thread about a 4.4 earthquake? in california?
yeah my power went out for a second (which is rare) and i heard a small rumble. but come on 4.4 is nothing. a city truck going down my road shakes the house more. ok so i am about 25 miles away but honestly 4.4 earthquakes happen all the time and not much gets damaged unless there is something really vulnerable right above the epicenter.
if it is not above 6.0 then dont even bother unless it is in the heart of downtown la or some similar situation.
i suppose if you dont live in an earthqake zone 4.4 might sound intimadating but just remember the measuring scale is exponential each whole number being 10 times the power of the next meaning that 4.4 is not really that powerful. i was surprised that the power went out at all. the winds here take out the power more often then little small quakes like that one.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A 4.4 isn't much in earthquake prone areas.

I find it odd that their is National media attention for a quake that is so small. I understand local attention, when we get 3's and 4's in Washington, there's local attention, but not national.
I know it's LA, but the LA area and all of So Cal is heavily populated, but in the past a 4 didn't garner attention.

Thanks for the thread so we can keep an eye on it

An example of national attention. This article was listed in top stories.
NBC(FormerlyMSNBC) news coverage

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

I'm curious about something and now would be a great time for a little experiment in observation. Just before reading this thread, I somehow linked to this page click here

If anyone sees odd clouds rising from a particular spot, please take photos?
In the meantime, stay safe everyone.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
4.4 to a Californian is like hubby getting on the otherside of a firm mattress.

4.4 in the Eastern US, particularly New Madrid area, is like hubby flopping onto a cheap waterbed.
edit on 8/8/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join