It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
For example, are gays ever executed in Iran? We get reports here that they are, but I don't live there, so must defer to your experience there.

and we get reports here that mentally retarded people are executed in US. I think these are somehow a media war !
I just asked my 60 years old family that had he seen any stoning. he declared no. this is natural. because such crimes are in people's private lifes. and no one wants to seek a way to execute people. I myself have heard stories of adultries but none of them ended with execution. mostly they ended with divorce or fining the adulterer. but I have seen the execution of rapers.

"The Great Satan" of course if any have said that it refered to political issues like bush called Iran "the axis of evil". no one is innocent completely. and we have problems here like any other country. people are against radicalism like other nations. people are against wars like other nations. people are against mass destruction warfares like others.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

With all due respect I do not agree with your definition or the page you linked to. In fact, the site you linked to seems biased (IMO).

It even advertises :

M.S in Counter Terrorism

Boost Your Career in Anti-Terrorism w/ a Degree.

Learn frm ex-CIA, FBI!

www.Henley-Putnam.edu

If you bothered to look at the resources of the page you linked to it references the Department of Homeland Security which links to fema.gov...I for one will not take anything they say seriously.

I'm usually not one to attack the source, but the content of the source leaves me no choice to consider it as biased.

I believe munkey66 said it best: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I lean towards his definition, even though it's not an actual definition because terrorism is not a black or white, it comes in many shades and cannot officially be "defined".

To use text book definitions of terrorism limits the flow of discussion and also makes it difficult for people with opposing views to continue any type of debate.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Well! I'm glad we've all had this chat and gotten everything all settled.

Everyone meet at my house for humus and pizza.

My treat!

I'm in! Throw in some falafel, and I'll walk across the ocean to get it!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

For example, are gays ever executed in Iran? We get reports here that they are, but I don't live there, so must defer to your experience there.

and we get reports here that mentally retarded people are executed in US. I think these are somehow a media war !
I just asked my 60 years old family that had he seen any stoning. he declared no. this is natural. because such crimes are in people's private lifes. and no one wants to seek a way to execute people. I myself have heard stories of adultries but none of them ended with execution. mostly they ended with divorce or fining the adulterer. but I have seen the execution of rapers.

"The Great Satan" of course if any have said that it refered to political issues like bush called Iran "the axis of evil". no one is innocent completely. and we have problems here like any other country. people are against radicalism like other nations. people are against wars like other nations. people are against mass destruction warfares like others.

Forgive me if you told us already but are you from Iran? I wanted to make it known that I do not hate the Iranian people but I have real trouble with your tyrannical leadership.

I have seen youtube videos of executions of women in Iran for the crime of adultery. These things go on in many Islamic countries, Tell me if I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Alright mate, more evasiveness.

The source is legitimate. the terms and definitions they use are the accepted ones from counter terrorism units and organizations around the world. Maybe you don't realize that those subjects are actually taught at legitimate schools throughout the Western world. You're obtuseness is there for all to see.

I gave what is a common accepted definition. You gave nothing in return. Since this debate seems rather one sided, I'll leave ya to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

I am not going to take your bait and stoop to your level...I have better more positive things to do and to ponder.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I do not consider my replies to you as evasive. To be honest I am doing my best to answer your questions in a respectable manner. You seem to consider my disagreements with your opinions as evasiveness which leads me to believe that you are approaching this discussion with a narrow mind, no offense intended.

You also say this discussion is one sided, but I have seen great posts from both sides. That being said I have seen some horrible posts as well.

If you must run away then so be it.

I'm off work in 20 minutes and then going for some "lemon chicken" and maybe "the gym and a beer afterwards".

See you around GAOTU789

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

To use text book definitions of terrorism limits the flow of discussion and also makes it difficult for people with opposing views to continue any type of debate.

If I modified his question to read "Does Iran fund irregulars/guerrillas/paramilitaries in other countries?" then would you answer that?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

If I modified his question to read "Does Iran fund irregulars/guerrillas/paramilitaries in other countries?" then would you answer that?

I would first ask you for proof of these claims.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

english.farsnews.com...

"Wherever Iran interferes, it announces it in a very straightforward manner. For instance, we interfered in confrontations against Israel, which resulted in the (Lebanese) victory in the 33-day war and (Palestinians' victory in) the 22-day (Gaza) war," Ayatollah Khamenei said, addressing millions of Friday Prayers worshippers on Tehran University Campus today.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about others replies in this thread. There have been great responses on both sides. I was specifically referring to your replies when I said this debate was one sided. I have asked direct questions and provided information to the discussion. You have provided non answers and thinly veiled ad homs.

Enjoy your night at work.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

I think that may have actually happened in one instance, or nearly happened. Being the heartless, soulless old curmudgeon I am, I have no issues with it, though. I'm not one to allow "mental incapacity" as an excuse to avoid the hangman, but that's just me. Luckily there are others here who are a bit less heartless than I.

I've seen video of stonings, but have no way to verify where they occurred. I can say that the manner of wrapping the hijab looked Iranian to me, but that's not hard confirmation, it's just appearances. Executing rapists is something we could stand more of here. No reason to let them walk the same streets as my family, as far as I'm concerned.

As I expected, people are people wherever they are found. Unfortunately, it's you and I who will bear the scars and loose the blood for those political decisions and name calling. I think we ought to put Obama and Ahmedinejad together on an island to duke it out. We could put congress and whatever equivalent you have there on the same island as backup fighters, let them have at it until only one is left standing, and go on about raising our own kids in peace.

We both know that's not going to happen, though. As it is said, "the soldiers fight, but the kings are heroes". So we must deal with whatever presents itself as it does present itself. Let's do that at least with an insistence on honesty, and a rejection of propaganda of the dishonest variety, whichever side it may come from.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Alright mate, more evasiveness.

The source is legitimate. the terms and definitions they use are the accepted ones from counter terrorism units and organizations around the world. Maybe you don't realize that those subjects are actually taught at legitimate schools throughout the Western world. You're obtuseness is there for all to see.

I gave what is a common accepted definition. You gave nothing in return. Since this debate seems rather one sided, I'll leave ya to it.

It looks to me like you need to give up the notion of a debate, because from all appearances, he realizes that he can't win, even using his own definitions, hence the evasive hesitation to even make a definition.

Kudos to you for at least taking a stance and laying it out!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

[dodge] I would first ask you for proof of these claims.[/dodge]

I'll take that as a "no".

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.cbsnews.com...

You don't like my sources though, they are biased.

Can you provide sources that say Iran doesn't support terrorist organizations around the world?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I would first ask you for proof of these claims.

Astounding.

This question has been asked of you over and over by multiple posters, yet you are completely unwilling to offer an answer of any kind. They ask, you ask for clairification. They respond, you dodge the question again. There is obviously no use whatsoever trying to have a meaningful discussion with you.

edit on 9-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Astounding.

This question has been asked of you over and over by multiple posters, yet you are completely unwilling to offer an answer of any kind. There is obviously no use whatsoever trying to have a meaningful discussion with you.

But he did answer the question. His answer (if I may interpret) was. "Regardless of what Iran has done, it will not be held culpable by my standards".

At least, that's how I took it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
But he did answer the question. His answer (if I may interpret) was. "Regardless of what Iran has done, it will not be held culpable by my standards".

At least, that's how I took it.

Sounds about right to me!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Okay CE, let me put it in very simple words:

A Hamas member walks into a bus packed with men, women and children in Jerusalem.
He shouts 'Allahoo Akbar' and detonate his explosives.
Clarification for you : He can clearly without a shadow of a doubt see these people are civilians.

By your definition, Is he a terrorist. Yes or NO ?
By your definition, do you consider the people who sent him terrorists. Yes or NO ?
By your definition, do you consider the countries funding him and his organization terrorists. Yes or No?

A reminder: go back to Slayer's post and read Ayatollah Khamenei's admittance.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I have an offer for you Corruption Exposed.

We will be talking about this subject on Saturdays ATS LIVE show and I am offering an open invitation to call the show and discuss this issue with us live on the air. We will call you either through land line, cell phone or Skype at no cost to you.

Do you accept?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join