It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

You conveniently leave out the Cold War from your revisionist history.

Blowing more smoke.

The Cold War shaped the world from 1950 to 1990 and the effects were still felt well beyond that.

USSR invaded Afghanistan, US opposed. Ties were made, arms were transferred. All justified by the Cold War. Big freakin deal, it has nothing to do with your revisionist history that the US arms bad guys for giggles.

Iran had an Islamic revolution, backed by USSR, they openly opposed the US so the US opposed any way possible. All justified by the Cold War. Ties were made, arms were transferred. Big freakin deal, it has nothing to do with your revisionist history that the US arms bad guys for giggles.

The USSR does not exist, the US won, the Cold War is over. The broken pieces of the Cold War are still around, and people like you try to piece them into your revisionist history which is nothing more than a feable attempt at anti US propaganda.

You're right.. it's amazing how little people know about the cold war and it's impacts on the middle east .. USSR played a chess move in the region and the US countered it .. but we were also asked for that help to drive the Russians out ..

A lot of the youth today look at history with blinders on.. they don't know the history of things and just look at it through the eyes of popular media or talk show hosts.
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
That picture says one thing to me...

OIL

I second that, latest news is America coming to South East Asia to muscle fight China. Oh, of course, its all still about

OIL

I wonder if Vietnam wanna be friends with USA. Vietnam is in a pinch here.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
That was because we were already beaten to low numbers, our separate cultures destroyed or infiltrated, and etc since 1490's by the Catholics.

Who was beaten to low numbers?

That doesn't make sense, I thought the Catholics were a minority back then and persecuted in America?

Although Catholicism was an influential factor in the French settlements of the Ohio and Mississippi valleys and later in the Spanish regions of Florida, the Southwest and California, Catholics were a decided minority in the original 13 English colonies....

....Evidence of this anti-Catholic attitude can be found in laws passed by colonial legislatures, sermons preached by colonial ministers, and various books and pamphlets published in the colonies or imported from England.... (8)

Let None Dare Call it Liberty: The Catholic Church in Colonial America

Weren't the Irish and the Italian Catholics the working class? New York, Virginia and Massachusetts were Protestant settlements.

When America was formed, we were already in low numbers and lacked the cohesion and strength we had previously.... numbers that were subsequently lowered and "civilized" even more. There IS a history in this country before "American History" starting in the 17000s... and it leads you to why things went the way they did.

Hmmm not sure what point you're trying to make, sorry?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
November 4, 1979.

October 23, 1983.

We don't forget..........

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Post hate, get flags. Seems simple enough.

Newsflash...

The OP's opening post was not hateful!

It was actually quite truthful hence the flags he received.

That simple enough for you?

Or do you need me to explain in more detail?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You conveniently leave out the Cold War from your revisionist history.

Blowing more smoke.

The Cold War shaped the world from 1950 to 1990 and the effects were still felt well beyond that.

USSR invaded Afghanistan, US opposed. Ties were made, arms were transferred. All justified by the Cold War. Big freakin deal, it has nothing to do with your revisionist history that the US arms bad guys for giggles.

Iran had an Islamic revolution, backed by USSR, they openly opposed the US so the US opposed any way possible. All justified by the Cold War. Ties were made, arms were transferred. Big freakin deal, it has nothing to do with your revisionist history that the US arms bad guys for giggles.

The USSR does not exist, the US won, the Cold War is over. The broken pieces of the Cold War are still around, and people like you try to piece them into your revisionist history which is nothing more than a feable attempt at anti US propaganda.

I'm attempting to revise nothing, and have never indicated that the US has done the atrocious things it has done just for giggles. It appears you're actually attempting revisionism (or willful disregard) on the Iranian situation by missing the parallels here. Israel is Iran's Russia, and this is their cold war. Well, perhaps not so cold.

Since our discussion springs from Iran arming militants in other countries against our allies, it's fair to note that this is precisely what the US did during the cold war, highlighting my point that we have no moral superiority in this matter. Iran has done and is doing nothing that we have not already done ourselves, for reasons likely perceived in similar light by their leaders. However, it doesn't cover all the other instances of our tinkerings, armings, and trainings enabling a multitude of other atrocities around the world. Regardless...

We perceived the Soviet Union as a threat, as Iran does Israel (and I would argue given Israel's history with their arab neighbors and residents, likely rightly so). We waged proxy war and provided supplies and training, just as they are.

One obvious difference, however, being the fact that they have a MUCH lower kill count - especially as regards civilians - in addition to a much smaller list of other nations invaded/attacked (and the fact that most of the examples AGAINST Iran that have been presented stem directly from our presence and actions in places we should not have been or done). Another being that the situation would likely be VERY much different had we not disposed their democratically-elected leader of a much more progressive Iran back in the fifties.

A good many others exist as well, but this really is more than enough to sum up. Iran certainly does wrong - as do we. And like us, they have their motivations for it - almost entirely all in response to perceived political or military aggression or abuses by the US and Israel, etc.

We are every bit as guilty and wrong as they are, if not more so. Any time we want to get involved in Iran's business for doing something that we don't agree with, we should take a good, long look in the mirror - and history book - first.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
November 4, 1979.

October 23, 1983.

We don't forget..........

Apparently we do...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Newsflash...

No...

You can explain it to me.

It's nothing more than blind Propaganda.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Advantage
That was because we were already beaten to low numbers, our separate cultures destroyed or infiltrated, and etc since 1490's by the Catholics.

Who was beaten to low numbers?

That doesn't make sense, I thought the Catholics were a minority back then and persecuted in America?

Although Catholicism was an influential factor in the French settlements of the Ohio and Mississippi valleys and later in the Spanish regions of Florida, the Southwest and California, Catholics were a decided minority in the original 13 English colonies....

....Evidence of this anti-Catholic attitude can be found in laws passed by colonial legislatures, sermons preached by colonial ministers, and various books and pamphlets published in the colonies or imported from England.... (8)

Let None Dare Call it Liberty: The Catholic Church in Colonial America

Weren't the Irish and the Italian Catholics the working class? New York, Virginia and Massachusetts were Protestant settlements.

When America was formed, we were already in low numbers and lacked the cohesion and strength we had previously.... numbers that were subsequently lowered and "civilized" even more. There IS a history in this country before "American History" starting in the 17000s... and it leads you to why things went the way they did.

Hmmm not sure what point you're trying to make, sorry?

A poster was commenting about NDNs and founding of America. There is a history before the 1776 as to why there was not a larger fight and a real misunderstanding about "Indians". We are not one people and each "tribe" is a separate people and culture.. so there was no huge force that fought together against the Spanish, Portugese or "new Americans".. The Catholics were not a minority and the monarchs were Catholic. Catholic monarchs and the pope funded the missionary related discoveries of this country/continent. Read up on the Age of Discovery and the "Requerimiento". When Europeans came to this continent they brought the religion with them on a religious mission armed with treaties and papal bulls, and you take up the cross or die. Its all very clear in the indian reduction papers and the Requerimiento. Common history that everyone should know, but your schools only teach the founding of America and the propaganda that accompanies it.

You realize by the dates I posted in the original post that I am talking PRE protestant colonization and pre Irish immigration.. right?
edit on 8-8-2012 by Advantage because: clarification.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
While the Op was trying to make a point, the one-sided article - carefully crafted to show US misgivings and the Iran whiter than white record seems a little untrue. During the 20th Century, the US has been the police force of the world and has to burden that responsibility. So it has got involved in wars that it's friends have egged on (like the hardest kid in the playground). It has made mistakes (Vietnam?) but it has also stopped numerous mass genocide including Serbia where the genocide would have been on the Moslems.

While researching my answer, I came across this article about the Iran / Iraq war because I believed that Iran used chemical weapons. Instead this article covinced me that we (the west) let down Iran badly.
edit on 8-8-2012 by templar knight because: I posted too soon

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Newsflash...

No...

You can explain it to me.

It's nothing more than blind Propaganda.

It was actually very factual, please point out the propaganda. Most of the logical thinking people in this thread saw the obvious truth in the very simple to understand picture, it's not rocket science. The reason people are flagging it is because it's true and they want other members to see it.

Anything can be considered propaganda depending on which side of the fence you stand on. We all know which side you stand on so of course you will blindly yell "propaganda" on a very thought provoking post.

The moral of the story is "Iran vs. USA in one picture".

The picture says more than a thousand words, get it yet?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Propaganda like all FSA rebels are "terrorists" wonder who said that?

Oh yeah same people defending other bloody dictator fascist regimes in the ME.
edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As I stated earlier.

I'll repost it nice and slow for you here...

The real threat is either ignorance of or being in denial of the fact that Iran has been very active "Covertly" in many countries and in many situations.

This is the problem with threads such as this. We have a poster who very deceitfully posts a picture leaving out all contributing factors and historical context about why the US has acted in many of those situations. He knows damn well why many of those took place but plays the ignorance game and tries to come off with the holier than thou moral high ground but it betrays his agenda.

Historical context is everything.

Deny that and you're doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: deleted

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Many Countries listed were invaded or had limited Military action taken upon them by the U.S.

Many of the countries listed such as POLAND and GRENADA, KUWAIT, BOSNIA....ETC...were a response by the U.S. to destroy an already invading Army or just a plain LIE!

POLAND!?!? Are you KIDDING ME!? POLAND hates the Russians to such an extent that they were extremely distressed that the U.S. decided not to base ABM's on Polish soil. POLAND was the FIRST country to have the BALLS to break free of the Soviet Unions stranglehold.

It was only after the U.S. secretly told Poland that the reason we were not placing ABM's on ground sites was that we had between the time of the original planning of these bases and when we were to break ground...that 3 MAJOR and WORLD CHANGING NEW TECH. had been developed and that the U.S. would COVER POLAND under it's newly designed Missile Shield.

The first breakthrough was in Long Burn High Powered Solid Rocket Fuel along with a Super Computer Guidance System that turned a standard SM-3 Missile into a Super Accurate Long Range ABM as well as Satellite Killer. The second was the Free Electron Laser which a few are currently operational as well as being Nuclear Powered will be installed on every USN. Carrier and Aegis Cruiser. The Third was the MEB or Microwave Emitting Beam which has a multitude of uses.

POLAND? HA! If you said they had been invaded by the U.S. they would say...THANK GOD!
Split Infinity

you must be missing the point he has made here , so take the time and look at the pic again ! and you will see ! ill give you a hint "where are Iran's bombs ?"

For every INViTE America gets -- we've got three more that are corporate resource targets of opportunity. Sometimes -- you INVITE America in, or things can get Ugly...

... in the book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" a former Jackal of the US intelligence service highlights how we would offer riches to people in power in other governments and explain how they might have bad luck if they didn't accept the offer. If that leader didn't play ball selling out his own country to corporate exploitation (hence the term; "Banana Republic" -- selling things wholesale to pay for a debt that can never be paid off), a small plane crash later and they'd have a Saddam or compliant Presidenté.

The OTHER insurance policy is to buy loads of American weapons. You don't really need them, but if you don't buy them, they might be used against you if you've got oil or refuse to join the world bank (and become a Banana Republic, you see).

Sure, in the case of Poland, there was a humanitarian effort. And possibly in Bosnia. But I really haven't looked into it. Everything I've looked into, however, ends up being a false flag followed by a bunch of lies -- so heck, believe the press and the propaganda and say 1 in 3 wars, America was the good guys. But it's probably more like 1 in 10.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ho, Slayer. Well met.

The real threat is either ignorance of or being in denial of the fact that Iran has been very active "Covertly" in many countries and in many situations.

Just like us?

This is the problem with threads such as this. We have a poster who very deceitfully posts a picture leaving out all contributing factors and historical context about why the US has acted in many of those situations. He knows damn well why many of those took place but plays the ignorance game and tries to come off with the holier than thou moral high ground but it betrays his agenda.

Historical context is everything.

Deny that and you're doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Excellently said - and I believe the same applies equally well to Iran and their actions. I'd also like to request that, as people have said is being done to Iran, we not paint all US actions lily-white and and count ourselves spotless, as we have more than our fair share of questionable or outright condemnable actions.

Be well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

I wonder if Vietnam wanna be friends with USA. Vietnam is in a pinch here.

Vietnam opened diplomatic relations with the US under the Clinton administration. Since then, I notice quite a few items have MADE IN VIETNAM stamped on them (well made stuff, too, like my motorcycle travel bag), and Vietnam is in fact one of the trips you can schedule with AAA. They've gotten on with their lives after the war.

It seems to me these America bashing characters are really the only ones left who are still upset over the Vietnam war, and I will bet you real money that not a single one was even born when the Vietnam war was going on. Haters gonna hate, after all.
edit on 8-8-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I see your point, but as far as sabotage goes I dont think Iran should be blank. Also I am sure Iranians would pretty much like it to enjoy more liberties and a democracy. You can argue agents provocateuer as far as the uprising goes, but they do need a fertile ground.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Stop painting a rosey picture for this country. I seriously do not understand some peoples love for this so called civilization.

The above can be said of both sides

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

LOL, that's a pretty bad photoshop job no that Ladies hand.

Let's not pretend that Iran is the most wonderful place -- it just doesn't have people who deserve to be bombed because of Israel or an Oil Companies agenda.

The US has been supporting terrorism inside of Iran, we've shot down a commercial airliner with hundreds on board by accident, and we've basically been on a war footing since the 80's -- after Bush helped sell weapons to the religious radicals in exchange for NOT releasing hostages.

If Iranians ever do something violent to US citizens -- it will be RETALIATION. It's nonsense to pretend we are innocent victims if we ignore what our military does in our names. All I can see of Terrorism, on the occasion that it isn't backed by the Mossad or CIA -- is desperate people lashing out the only way they can because they don't have a military to respond with glorious jets and cruise missiles that somehow NOT weapons of terror because we use them.

Imagine if you were in a country where Drone Aircraft could spy on you from miles away, day or night, and they could drop a bomblet or shoot you in the head at any time -- you'd never see the bullet coming. That's what it's like for countries being visited by our UAVs. Maybe that's the future of America as well. The military is training more UAV operators than pilots for all the branches of the military right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join