It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dignified

The religious right and the islamofacists are the same people...

One is rich and the other is poor. Youll see soon enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah there are some lazy posters in this thread

Already posted and this will be the third time

bootsinbaghdad.blogspot.com...

here is a new one

www.theatlantic.com...

online.wsj.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

That's a good point and probably true as well.

If anyone is closer to having invented the above crap it's Iran.... Well, Persia. If there's been a sneakier, more back-stabbing collection of degenerates in history, you'd have a tough time finding them.LOL.

Anyone painting them as innocents and, worse, people believing it, is proof positive that this race hasn't progressed much over the centuries.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Iran hasn't started any wars in recent history.. but they fight in them by proxy.. they fund terrorists, they support them with weapons .. they openly encourage attacks against their neighboring countries.. they are not the peaceful group that a lot of people are pretending they are..

The United states have started many wars in recent history...but they also fight in them by proxy.. they fund terrorists, they support them with weapons .. they openly encourage attacks against their ally's neighboring countries.. they are not the peaceful group that a lot of people are pretending they are..

See what I did there? I took your propaganda induced rant and turned it into a truthful statement.

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The US isnt an empire. Its the dog of war on a leash .. NATO's leash. If the US wanted to be a real empire... we would withdraw all aid and not do these stupid soft occupations ( vietnam, Iraq, etc) and lay waste, and a plethora of other things that if we did them.. we would be a true empire. We are not. We're just a cog in the machine. The governments of all of us that are bickering on this thread are laughing because we hate eachother, insult eachother, and fight eachother rather than turning it all toward the true criminals : them. As long as we buy into propaganda, demonize another people, and swallow the rhetoric ( and parrot it as some have done on this thread) then we are all doomed because we will always fight eachother.

But carry on. Whatever makes you feel superior. In time, having one more bean in your bowl will make you feel superior.. because you're too ignorant to see youre starving just like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wish half the people who post on ATS were in military positions or high political ones. With their ideals our country would be taken over in a few weeks. People work hard 24/7 to keep you children alive and care about your safety more than you do. Iran is dangerous. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This picture does not tell of the terroism Iran funds to blow up Isrealis.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
Iran is dangerous. Not everything is a conspiracy.

If you want to "stop" Iran, from developing Nuclear weapons ... I suggest you start by talking to your own government, that is helping them with the education all over the western world. And stop the selling of nuclear power plants, and nuclear technology and nuclear knowhow to them ...

The way this is played right now, is like you're a blue-jean cop, selling drugs on the streets at night. And then you dress in your uniform during daylight, and arrest them for possession.

edit on 8/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Also I agree the U.S.may be in to many wars.But after 9/11 the world is going to be totaly diffirent and the 2008 economy collaspe has also screwed up the worlds economies and made it more dangerous as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Does that make the US the modern Hitler of the world?

The US has far exceeded Hitler for a long time ...

The US has successfully performed genocide on many Indian groups ... and Vietnam alone, there are millions of civilians dead ...

"Many"? How about you name me one... one single Indian group that was genocided?

What was done was bad enough. Applying misnomers like "genocide" trivializes what DID happen to us.

You are making of us some sort of fable, and in the attempt making a mere fable of ALL of the native tribulations, regardless of the perpetrating Power,

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I can answer that question for you sir.......YES!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by ANOK

I can see there is no middle ground with you.

America is a brand new country- you guys have been fighting wars a lot longer than we have.

Egotistical- Not in the slightest.

Egotistical is the attitude Americans have that they have saved the world from itself.

Note I also did mention Britain, France, the Dutch. No it's not just America it is western capitalist imperialism.

Brand new country that is continuing the European tradition of exploiting less fortunate countries.

America might be "brand new" but the people who colonized America certainly were not. America was exploited just like all the other countries. The exploiters settled here just like they did in India, South Africa etc. The only difference is the American-Natives didn't kick their asses out. If the American- Natives had had a Gandhi or something eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by miniatus

Iran hasn't started any wars in recent history.. but they fight in them by proxy.. they fund terrorists, they support them with weapons .. they openly encourage attacks against their neighboring countries.. they are not the peaceful group that a lot of people are pretending they are..

The United states have started many wars in recent history...but they also fight in them by proxy.. they fund terrorists, they support them with weapons .. they openly encourage attacks against their ally's neighboring countries.. they are not the peaceful group that a lot of people are pretending they are..

See what I did there? I took your propaganda induced rant and turned it into a truthful statement.

You're welcome.

There was nothing propaganda induced.. I never said America wasn't guilty of anything so you accomplished absolutely nothing in your response but looking a bit silly .. the point of my post was to say that Iran is guilty of those things.. but they were left off the list.. the list is incorrect and people who think Iran has clean hands are misinformed... Iran has done all of this and without any help or motivation by the US.. they meddle in the middle eastern affairs just as much as the west.. and they've been doing it for a long long long long time... they don't declare war they just fund groups to do the dirty work for them.

Israel and the US, as well as Britain are all guilty of aggression.. suggesting Iran isn't is just absolute nonsense.

So congratulations on accomplishing nothing, nada, zip and zilch..

You're welcome
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by LiberLegit
Iran is dangerous. Not everything is a conspiracy.

If you want to "stop" Iran, from developing Nuclear weapons ... I suggest you start by talking to your own government, that is helping them with the education all over the western world. And stop the selling of nuclear power plants, and nuclear technology and nuclear knowhow to them ...

The way this is played right now, is like you're a blue-jean cop, selling drugs on the streets at night. And then you dress in your uniform during daylight, and arrest them for possession.

edit on 8/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

Thats exactly what Im saying... clean up your own back yards before pointing the finger at anyone else. Stop being apathetic and supporting these government actions by our own complacency. Then again, if you stick your neck out, it just might get cut and many are afraid of that. I got into a real pissing match for the last few yrs with my own city government.. and let me tell you, its a daily problem. I cant imagine taking on a govt or an entity like NATO, but its going to have to be done sooner or later. We've gotten so complacent that we in the US allow NATO to command our troops?? Incredible.. I sometimes wonder if its too late.

Your avi and info say you are a grumpy old man? Im a grumpy old woman. I think that one of the huge problems here that is disrupting communication and some collective understanding is that most here are too young to recall much of this recent history and everyone needs a link. Well, sometimes revisionist history is all I see on here.. links and all.

I read where most if not all of the weapons were Russian. Very very true, but my husband was shot twice with an American issued weapon in the sand box by an insurgent AKA not an Iraqi but someones who just happened to be there in force causing a ruckus all armed with a shipment that was to go to Iraqi fighters. KWIM? Chew on that one. Wont find a link for it.. but its true enough. There are others here who are active or not who can tell you that things are absolutely NOT what they seem or what your links are telling you.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Post hate, get flags. Seems simple enough.

Iran fights by proxy outside it's borders all the time. You provide the money, the weapons and the marching orders, then it's you doing it right? How about some honesty?

Persia itself is an occupied land. Islam took it by force. Since then Iran has been the center of many slaughters internally. It's now a Theocratic Dictatorship under Sharia, arguably the most evil form of government today. Nobody has any problem with the Iranians, just the sick leaders who dream of their Caliphate. How many Caliphates has Persia seen now?

It's ridiculous to argue they are not going to build nuclear weapons. Dishonest in fact. It's absurd to say their goal does not include genocide of the Jews since the leadership says so, so often. It's insane to want another nuclear State in that region and to spread propaganda to facilitate it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by ANOK

I can see there is no middle ground with you.

America is a brand new country- you guys have been fighting wars a lot longer than we have.

Egotistical- Not in the slightest.

Egotistical is the attitude Americans have that they have saved the world from itself.

Note I also did mention Britain, France, the Dutch. No it's not just America it is western capitalist imperialism.

Brand new country that is continuing the European tradition of exploiting less fortunate countries.

America might be "brand new" but the people who colonized America certainly were not. America was exploited just like all the other countries. The exploiters settled here just like they did in India, South Africa etc. The only difference is the American-Natives didn't kick their asses out. If the American- Natives had had a Gandhi or something eh?

Justa FYI
That was because we were already beaten to low numbers, our separate cultures destroyed or infiltrated, and etc since 1490's by the Catholics. When America was formed, we were already in low numbers and lacked the cohesion and strength we had previously.... numbers that were subsequently lowered and "civilized" even more. There IS a history in this country before "American History" starting in the 17000s... and it leads you to why things went the way they did.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That picture says one thing to me...

OIL

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Post hate, get flags. Seems simple enough.

Iran fights by proxy outside it's borders all the time. You provide the money, the weapons and the marching orders, then it's you doing it right? How about some honesty?

Persia itself is an occupied land. Islam took it by force. Since then Iran has been the center of many slaughters internally. It's now a Theocratic Dictatorship under Sharia, arguably the most evil form of government today. Nobody has any problem with the Iranians, just the sick leaders who dream of their Caliphate. How many Caliphates has Persia seen now?

It's ridiculous to argue they are not going to build nuclear weapons. Dishonest in fact. It's absurd to say their goal does not include genocide of the Jews since the leadership says so, so often. It's insane to want another nuclear State in that region and to spread propaganda to facilitate it.

I could not agree more! A friend of mine fled Iran when the Iranian government was attacking students! her sister and family fled to Turkey and then from Turkey her sister moved to the United States and my friend moved to the UK .. it's her own words that have informed me just how dangerous Iran actually is.. people who think it's not have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.. and to suggest just because they've not made any declarations of war as an indication of being peaceful then you're also delusional .. they pay others to fight for them.. they provide the weapons, the money.. and the targets.. who provides THEM weapons? Russia of course.. and then they say how peaceful they are? .. anyone who buys that hasn't got a clue.

edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I think you need to learn a little something about the history of Islam, and the role of slavery in it.

But we're not talking about Islam.

I didn't realise this was a 'the Muslims did it, so it's OK for us to thread'? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sorry but what's that saying, take the log out of thine eye...

The whole Muslin thing is BS anyway, just an excuse, a bogeyman to justify military action to spread capitalist interests. You need to learn something about your own government and economic system.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Every time you see a weapon in someones hands, in the middle east or Africa etc, it is an AK47.
Saddam had Russian tanks.
Assad has Russian arms for his entire military.

Go blow smoke up someone elses a$$.

Ahh, dissembling as usual. At least you're consistent.

You know well and good that even though you can provide some examples to the contrary, the point still stands - we arm (and train) the world, and have at multiple times directly armed and trained those we later condemned and invaded with chemical weapons and worse (as well as those who just commit atrocities we don't really seem too concerned about)...some famous examples being Operation Fast & Furious, the Iran-Contra Affair, the arming of both Iran and Iraq against each other in the 80s, arming Al Qaeda against the Soviets in Afghanistan, the IMET program, our indirect contributions to the Guatemalan genocide, and so on.

To assume that the government itself, let alone arms manufacturers, US-based contractors, and others who likely have even less restraint, have stopped at this point - or that we won't end up fighting/condemning/invading some of those we now consider our "allies" and are arming/training at some point in the next few decades - is a willing delusion or blatant falsity.

So I'll keep my smoke right where it's at, thanks. You can act like what I've said isn't true, but the only people buying that are those who simply don't like the moral debt we bear for it.

You conveniently leave out the Cold War from your revisionist history.

Blowing more smoke.

The Cold War shaped the world from 1950 to 1990 and the effects were still felt well beyond that.

USSR invaded Afghanistan, US opposed. Ties were made, arms were transferred. All justified by the Cold War. Big freakin deal, it has nothing to do with your revisionist history that the US arms bad guys for giggles.

Iran had an Islamic revolution, backed by USSR, they openly opposed the US so the US opposed any way possible. All justified by the Cold War. Ties were made, arms were transferred. Big freakin deal, it has nothing to do with your revisionist history that the US arms bad guys for giggles.

The USSR does not exist, the US won, the Cold War is over. The broken pieces of the Cold War are still around, and people like you try to piece them into your revisionist history which is nothing more than a feable attempt at anti US propaganda.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join