It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inbox question. Do we have to delete?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
When Gmail first came out, they toted that you'll never have to delete another email again. I haven't. My Gmail account has 5 digits, and counting. I still have space left, aye?

I was thinking about the u2u system here, I'm at 3 digits, but was wondering, do we have to delete old u2us? What's the capacity for your inbox? We have unlimited space for uploads, and since messages occupy far less space than pics, I'd think the same applies to PMs. What's the official word?

Also, it'd be interesting to know who has the most PMs saved. Do people delete their old PMs? Is there even a need to? Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
My inbox consist of warnings, but i dont read em, i wish they would just deduct points n not send me crap.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure if there is a limit or not. I generally delete mine. I do save some though.

I save all of my "Applauses" so I can read them after a rough day leaves me feeling like a failure in life.
j/k
edit on 8/8/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

All my boxes contain messages well into the 4 digits - mostly because I have to keep messages while corresponding with members about board business. In the past I used to keep my message box under control... but I let it slip, and now I can't go back without deleting thousands of messages one by one... Which is not going to happen...

While this is not an official response to your question, I can only imagine that your limit is "unlimited" such as with the amount of threads the board can handle. I think if it becomes a problem steps will be implemented to correct it. That said, seeing that you can only see the top 50 (??) or so messages in your inbox, it's pretty pointless to keep anything over the 50 mark...

Originally posted by dayve
My inbox consist of warnings, but i dont read em, i wish they would just deduct points n not send me crap.

Perhaps if you actually read the "crap" you wouldn't get so many warnings? Their purpose is to point out where you went wrong and how to correct your actions…

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks for the speedy response. There seems to be "unlimited" capacity to create new threads, so I would think we can use "unlimited" in application to all aspects of ATS. I guess it would be a preference then.

it's pretty pointless to keep anything over the 50 mark...

Not really. I've had many good conversations behind the scenes, and some sentimental day I think it would be interesting to go back and look at some of them. I also used to keep track, and keep it cleaned up, but alas, it became less and less of a priority. The capacity to reflect upon the past helps us to see a brighter future.

new topics

top topics

join