It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's 12x more Massacres than year 2000: sign of successful terrorism campaign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
why has # massacres per year in USA skyrocketed since 9/11, could it be all this instilled fear against esp mideasterns and asians is now being acted out by civilians nationwide?

and at this rate where will we be in 5 year? in another decade?

notice the spike not in 2001, but exactly after.

www.mapreport.com...

2012 (?)
2011 (12)
2009 (6)
2007 (6)
2006 (2)
2005 (3)
2004 (1)
2003 (2)
2002 (9)
2001 (3)
2000 (1)

edit on 8-8-2012 by LoveU because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveU

let me guess you support our freedoms being striped away so the innocents that died during these massacres did not die in vein, take guns away and no one will ever be murdered again, right?, it sad people are swayed so easy, people die, get over it. and ill tell u this if American citizens guns are taken away a lot more innocents will die as result.

sorry for yelling, i just am getting tired of past deaths being use to form are future, to all thoose that have died in a massacre im sorry your death is being used in a such a cheap dishonorble matter. to the op i actully dont know your agenda with this thread i just had to blew off some steam and i apoligise
edit on 8-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
my agenda is to understand what caused the numbers to increase.

my personal theory is this was the government's plan, to deliver war overseas, and have its own citizens deliver war domestically.

however, i am open to other explanations of the numbers at hand.

(this topic has nothing to do with guns until you brought it up.)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveU

that's why i apologized for yelling i just saw the thread title and your post wasn't entirely revealing of your question or statement, there have been alot of people in the world that see death as an opportunity to gain power in all facets of life, im getting tired of it.

i evenn starred and flagged you as to lmake ammends

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thanks, sorry I didnt read carefully, I'm a newbie here

but yes, people generally see "massacre" and think guns. Which is weird because there are plenty of massacres without guns.

i think when there are nationwide riots on the streets, people will be psychotic or desensitized to use their own head teeth and nails along with steak knives, orks, anything they can to defend themselves or steal a candbar to eat to stay alive for another day.

Gun massacres... that's one niche.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
In my opinion only....

I believe the rise is due to the economy in more than one way. The first biggie is folks are stressed out to the max trying to figure out what they are going to do, how they are going to keep their homes, how they are going to keep their families warm and fed, etc.

The second is the fact that people may not be able to afford the medication they need to help keep them balanced. When it comes to eating or taking a pill, we will opt for eating 99% of the time. Just ask our elderly population.
So we have folks not seeking treatment at all because they lack insurance and or funds and those that have been treated may be going without and others suffer the consequences.

The third is people are just too damned frustrated with everything going on around us. They want answers. They look for the answers and can't find anything. Then comes the "straw that broke the camel's back" so to speak. People can generally only handle so much.

Of course all of these reasons may be wrong. I don't know, therefore all I can do is ASSume. I guess it could be any number of things, but I sure wish we could figure them out and start trying to fix it. Something is definitely broken.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
copy/ paste

yes

the same way EVERY murder, kidnapping, assault and traffic violation was domestic terrorism....

because we need the dumbasses in DC to up security....because people never killed anyone before they got a hard on for harassing their own citizens....

so what now, you use another tragic event to push for the iron fist on your people..

It is so dumb.....and opportunistic.....

what did you think it was before the advent of the iron fisted government paranoia......or were they time traveling terrorists going through time like quantum leaping comic book villains killing people throughout our history....?

this is not normal but it is not terrorism.....doesn't take an American paid to push for gun legislation to please the leaches in the UN to make every instance of violence an act of terrorism....just no sense of shame.

although I know that unless we accept your dictatorial gun legislation that you will continue to kill our citizens like lambs to the slaughter.....

so how many people need to die before you guys get what you want....?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i read your first setence and immediately thought of Unemployment Benefits extensions recently being cut off.

people who have been on unemployment for as long as 18 mos and other benefits sometimes as long as 3-4 aare suddenly being pulled the plug on. i know some neighbors who have had food stamps pulled. they try to use EBT and as of yesterday, they are closed out.

that could be a huge contributor, frustration with not more money, but no more credit. because most Americans have a history of spending momey they borrowed rather than earned (credit cards maxed out, cars reposessed, homes foreclosed - all these things happen because money was borrowed not earned in the first place)

big, spoiled, angry babies!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
-
duplicate post.
edit on 8-8-2012 by LoveU because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveU

Economy. When people are down and out they do stupid things.

Then we also have the ever accelerating percentage of people using prescription anti-anxiety/depression meds that have a tendency to make you homicidal when you're an otherwise nice person.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I checked the OP's source and found that it doesn't match up with the numbers presented at the start of the thread.

As examples, in 2001 there were three items, one was in afghanistan and the other two did not have locations listed.

In 2002, only six were in the US and five of the six were attributed to the DC sniper case.

In 2012, there have been four, Tulsa (Tulsa was a serial killer, is that the same as a massacre?), Oakland, the Batman, and the Sikh. And the article didn't mention the Sikh shooting. I don't see that the the Oakland or Batman shootings were racially motivated.

Perhaps if the source of raw data was better, we'd get a better idea of what was going on.

top topics

join