It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's College Record

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
I could care less about tax records. Both 0bama and Romney are wealthy. Who cares.

I admire your tenacity at deflecting all issues pertaining to tax, to just wealth. I certainly applaud people who made their fortunes. Now, let's see how they handled their foreign bank accounts and who and when applied what strategies to use every available loophole and offshore facility to avoid paying tax to stars and stripes.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

People are NOT trying to expose Romney by having him release his tax records, they're just trying to hold him accountable.

That really is hilarious what about holding the current guy in the oval office who won't release,fast and furious docurments, the bin laden photos or his college transcripts.

Guess accountability only means if there is an R by their names.

Being held accountable is for Republicans and Conservatives.

All a Liberal has to do is exclaim "Well, I had good intentions".

It is always different for Liberals.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the bin laden photos

Are you serious? Bin Laden now? Mikahil Gorbachev is next?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here is our real issue.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Here is our real issue.

Are you suggesting that we try to correct the balance of power by NOT voting for Romney? He's not just some "millionaire", he's a multimillionaire, so his personal wealth is comparable to that of the Congress!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Originally posted by ararisq
You do not want to know the academic performance of the President of the United States?

I already do. He was president of the Harvard Law Review. He graduated Harvard with a Juris Doctor and magna cum laude in 1991. Is he "worthy"? I don't need his grades to know how intelligent he is. He obviously has a very impressive intellect.

I won't address the race card you've played.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Again, I don't care.
If either 0bama or Romney used the current tax laws in their advantage, then good for them.
Did either break the law? That would be an issue. I am sure the IRS has crawled up the financial butthole of Mitt, and have come up with nothing.

Tax forms are a non issue. It shows nothing other then income and tax liability really.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

That pic portrays the issue that people go to Congress to become wealthy.

Most did not start off wealthy.

Making wealth outside of Govt is great. Making wealth from the elected position is the issue.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Again, I don't care.
If either 0bama or Romney used the current tax laws in their advantage, then good for them.
Did either break the law? That would be an issue.

There are things that may be legal (if you have the right lawyers to boot) but morally questionable. I thought you knew that.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I care and so should you. The wealthy through politican sponsorship, lobbying and special interest entities have successfully morphed the tax laws to their benefit. They have the financial resources to engage tax lawyers and accountants to implement 'legal' tax dodges that are simply not available to the rest of us. You can argue that they are if we simply pony-up the money for the professionals. But most don't have pockets that deep so from a practical sense those tax shelters and obscure 'legal' maneuvers are NOT available. In the year Romney said he paid a 13.9% tax rate I paid 28%. How is that fair?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Again, I don't care.

There are things that may be legal (if you have the right lawyers to boot) but morally questionable. I thought you knew that.

What moral issue. If I could limit my over bearing tax liability, legally, I would. Ever single option would be worked.
No moral issue there.

You operate on the idea that taxes as a whole are some grandiose, morally high function by the citizen.
It is not. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by macman

In the year Romney said he paid a 13.9% tax rate I paid 28%. How is that fair?

It isn't fair.

People making less then $30k a year also paid less in income taxes then you. Why is that not an issue as well?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Again, I don't care.

What moral issue. If I could limit my over bearing tax liability, legally, I would. Ever single option would be worked.

...of course! And if you were running for President, you would have no qualms releasing the long list of your options to the public, right? Including sophisticated tax havens, Swiss accounts and what not. So if YOU would do that, why shouldn't Romney?

No moral issue there.

Color me surprised.

You operate on the idea that taxes as a whole are some grandiose, morally high function by the citizen.
It is not. Sorry.

Oh I see it's not for you. Personally, I do think that helping my country function is a moral obligation, which is probably a little easier to be fulfilled if you are extremely rich by ANYONE's standard. Romney has tools at his disposal that allow him to pay less in tax than 99% of posters on this board, who don't have the tools. If you call this normal, I'm the Chinese Emperor.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

...of course! And if you were running for President, you would have no qualms releasing the long list of your options to the public, right? Including sophisticated tax havens, Swiss accounts and what not. So if YOU would do that, why shouldn't Romney?

I am not running for President.
I can see where people have advised him not to.
People, are being bombarded with this notion that he is horrible, just due to how much money he has. I can see both sides.

But, is there a legal requirement for it? NOPE.
Would I care if 0bama didn't? NOPE.

Color me surprised.

Ok then.

Oh I see it's not for you. Personally, I do think that helping my country function is a moral obligation, which is probably a little easier to be fulfilled if you are extremely rich by ANYONE's standard.

Nope, it should be evenly dispersed to everyone. If it is a moral obligation, then everyone should pay equal parts.

Romney has tools at his disposal that allow him to pay less in tax than 99% of posters on this board, who don't have the tools. If you call this normal, I'm the Chinese Emperor.

And I am sure he worked very hard for that.
More power to him.

Just as 0bama has more tools then I do, to adjust and hide income and so on.
More power to him.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I see you won't answer the question. You claim Mitt Romney has released his college records. But failed to provide a single link to said records. All you did was link to some US News article on Romney in the OP. In other words, your opening post was false. For the record, Romney has not released any college transcripts.

Secondly, you "question Obama's intellect". The only people who have placed his intellect on a pedestal have been the TP'ers and so-called "conservatives", as a means of alienating him from their dumbed-down core constituents. Obama never once referred to himself as an intellectual, just the opposite in fact. But that doesn't take away from the fact he graduated from one of the most prestigious schools in the US, with a Juris Doctorate with Magna Cum Laude - meaning he had at least a 3.756 GPA.

As a thread topic, this fails. Romney has no more released his college transcripts than Obama has. All this circus sideshow over how important his academic record is pales in comparison to something far more relevant, like their tax and financial records. THAT is where the skeletons are buried.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A spokes model doesn't need good marks in school. That's not what there getting hired for.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join