It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Omen? US Flag Falls, Right on Cue During US Anthem at OIympics

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
It's not racist to say that Chinese products are cheap and break easily seeing as they are the go to country when it comes to cheap, mass-produced products that break easily.

Huge numbers of the chinese population seem to be the modern day slaves for the western consumers.

And then the lazy rich consumers spend their time whinging about quality of a few of the products.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
reply to post by BAZ752

Thanks BAZ!

I don't do this stuff for stars, I do it out of self-curiosity and interest (and to Deny Ignorance), though it often seems that simple logic goes unrewarded on this site...lol ;-j

reply to post by Plotus

Thanks Plotus... but my name isn't BAZ752... though he did give me an encouraging comment and a bump... so I feel it was worth the effort. ;-j

I whipped up this little graphic to show the most likely configuration of the flagpole, and how it appears in the video to have detached (not my greatest tech drawing, but will do for this purpose).

1. Flag pole configuration in section.
2. Flag flips over pole at 32 second mark of OP video (may be different time in different videos).
3. Self-weight of flag unhooks flag after a small period of time.
4. Flag falls!

I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, but it is very clear in the video how this happened. It was NOT planned (unless someone was controlling the wind, and the the way the flag fluttered... lol)... no devices, no conspiracy, nothing nefarious.

Just uncanny coincidental timing and physics.

Life is funny sometimes... ;-j

Nice graphic but is this the actual secure fittings. I need to see a comparison photo of the actual flag pole's nuts and bolts. It's weird that this is another flag incident, so soon after the North/South Korean flag mix up
news source

It'll be triple funny if we keep having things go wrong with the flags. ?I wonder what is going to happen next.

Ofcourse this is not how the flags were attached. With all due respect to this explanation, it's not that plausible at all. If this were the case, not a single flag would still be hanging in the windy UK.

(If anyone is going to try and insult or ridicule; Prove me wrong first please, post pictures.)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That had to have been rigged, but if it wasn't, shows that God (first/last cause) has a great sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Flag and pole likely made in China should explain a lot.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i just have one question. what is a coincidence?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

2nd line

No, that statement just says more about you as an American, that's all. Honestly.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Maybe too much vibrations made something come loose? :O either way, gravity at it's finest.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by bigyin

2nd line

No, that statement just says more about you as an American, that's all. Honestly.

Am not American.

edit on 9-8-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
During the video, you can see the flag rotating 360 around the pole in the wind.
I'm not sure what the adhesive is, keeping the flag on the pole, but after a few tugs...
well lets just say, if it was only being held on by glue, I can see this happening quite easily.

That being said, it could very well be just bad timing. But, still worth looking into further.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We see more evidence everyday... Have you studied what President George Washington said?

GEORGE WASHINGTON'S PROPHESY OF AMERICA

"The father of our country, George Washington, was a man of prayer. We have all read of how he went to the thicket many times to pray during the winter his army was at Valley Forge. However, little publicity has been given to the vision and prophecy he received at that time. The account of this vision was given in 1859 by an old soldier. He gave it to a writer, Wesley Bradshaw, who published it. In the vision God revealed to George Washington that three great perils would come upon the Republic. He was given to know that America was going through the first peril at that time. The old soldier who told the story of the vision said that the nation would soon see the account verified by the second peril descending upon the land."

For Full Account, Check This! www.civil-liberties.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
very interesting. It is probably a product of an equipment malfunction or of human error. There was quite a breeze and all the flags were moving about as it was being raised. Maybe these were not designed for use in such windy situations. The timing is strange but it could just be a coincidence. I guess we shall see...

Just like when the government had to shut down for a couple weeks because of snow in DC, just when there were agw rallies set to start, and then canceled. Or like the washington monument and gov military academy churches with their spires shattered when something happened, under ground.

Not everything is just a coincidence.
edit on 9-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
this incident is obviously yet another 'falls-flag' event.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InsertRelevantMeme

What countries flags were beside the US?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777
We see more evidence everyday... Have you studied what President George Washington said?

GEORGE WASHINGTON'S PROPHESY OF AMERICA

"The father of our country, George Washington, was a man of prayer. We have all read of how he went to the thicket many times to pray during the winter his army was at Valley Forge. However, little publicity has been given to the vision and prophecy he received at that time. The account of this vision was given in 1859 by an old soldier. He gave it to a writer, Wesley Bradshaw, who published it. In the vision God revealed to George Washington that three great perils would come upon the Republic. He was given to know that America was going through the first peril at that time. The old soldier who told the story of the vision said that the nation would soon see the account verified by the second peril descending upon the land."

For Full Account, Check This! www.civil-liberties.com...

Profound and yet I can only star it one time. Thank you I am sending this out to all of my Patriot friends.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Would someone please hit reply to this post and let me know whos flags fly beside the US flag when it rose and then fell?

I do not take this lightly.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I do not believe it to be rigged but God always gives us signs of what is happening in this world. What goes up must come down.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Would someone please hit reply to this post and let me know whos flags fly beside the US flag when it rose and then fell?

I do not take this lightly.

Gold - USA
Silver - Russia
Bronze - Belarus

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There is no Omen. What if you were from Spain and at the exactly the moment that the Bronz medalist in Checkers had the medel placed around his neck and his flag felll would you have seen it? No. You saw this because you watch American TV. Making something out of nothing creates NOTHING.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I whipped up this little graphic to show the most likely configuration of the flagpole, and how it appears in the video to have detached (not my greatest tech drawing, but will do for this purpose).

1. Flag pole configuration in section.
2. Flag flips over pole at 32 second mark of OP video (may be different time in different videos).
3. Self-weight of flag unhooks flag after a small period of time.
4. Flag falls!

I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, but it is very clear in the video how this happened. It was NOT planned (unless someone was controlling the wind, and the the way the flag fluttered... lol)... no devices, no conspiracy, nothing nefarious.

Just uncanny coincidental timing and physics.

Life is funny sometimes... ;-j
Cheers
edit on 9-8-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

If it happened as per your illustration, a highly probable scenario I'll add, it still happened. There's blood on the bride's dress. Who controls the wind? And if they do control the wind, why would they allow this to happen, since it is practically the only rag they have left to hide behind?

Yup. A coincidence, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Yup. A coincidence, no matter how you look at it.

It's not a coincidence.

If the Nation of America fell soon after the flag, then it would be a coincidence.

For it to be a coincidence, two events must coincide, the one near to the other, similar in nature, or one suggesting the other, so that a connection between them "appears" to exist, to which we'd say then, it's just a coincidence.

At present, it's just "an event".

It's not coincidental to any other given event as yet.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join