It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Omen? US Flag Falls, Right on Cue During US Anthem at OIympics

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
Point 1. If this had been the Chinese or Russian flag, same type of coincidence, the American MSM would be headlining it, and the corresponding government of that flag would be calling it an international incident. (IMHO)

Point 2. The timing to the anthem, the fact that it dropped from both corners at the same time, looks very NOT coincidental. I don't think it is.

Point 3. If you listen close you can hear applause/laughter. (Maybe I imagined that?). One should not be amused even if it is not ones own flag, it is the Olympic games and that should be a ceremony of goodwill amongst nations. (OK I'm probably delusional on that one.)

Point 4. Probably not an omen, but IF intentional in any way then very insulting, a slap in the face.

Re point 1 - Like they highlighted the wrong anthem being played, and the woman that showed up in a parade, somehow getting through security!

Re point 2 - YES; the timing is THE key that makes me think this was staged.

RE 3 - Talk about tacky, right? Why would anyone think that was funny?

Re 4 - Yes, an insult, deliberate, IMO.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IllGoose124
*snip*

Side Bar: Any kind of info on the closing ceremony? I have seen images of a ferris wheel they are calling "the eye" and other sorts of Illuminati symbols on the interweb. Maybe that's the big show we've all been hoping won't happen...

First time poster, I'll be around /
-Goose

Do you happen to have a link for that? Sounds like interesting reading! I remember reading about a lot in the Superbowl halftime show, but hadn't seen anything on the Olympics. Interesting.

Oh, and welcome to the site!
edit on 9-8-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: additional comment

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You know, I had a thought, when re-watching the video. The laughter we hear seems VERY close to the camera, doesn't it? Clearly that isn't an official video (the HD one linked in the OP), and now I find myself wondering if the person that took it knew this was going to happen. Convenient that they panned back and forth so much, and were focused right on the flags as it falls.

I also want to know if this is being investigated, and why it isn't getting more mainstream attention. I have seen stories for the wrong national anthem, and for some unknown woman getting into a parade, but nothing on this?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
NOTHING IS COINCIDENCE!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I also want to know if this is being investigated, and why it isn't getting more mainstream attention. I have seen stories for the wrong national anthem, and for some unknown woman getting into a parade, but nothing on this?

Those behind the mainstream know that the judgement of God is coming soon. They do not want the public to panic.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nine11

Nothing is coincidence...

In frame we see the release device triggered by remote control. Alright, I don't know that for sure but I am very surprised no one has mentioned this.

Watch the moment before the flag releases from the bar. See the man hit the shutter button on his camera precisely at that moment.

Watch the video at about 0.35 seconds you will see just the top of the head of the gent with the iron gray bristly hair cut pop into view. He is just to the left of the flags. The camera zooms out and his head comes into view. Then briefly his head disappears as the camera pans up.

At 0.47 approx you will see a camera raised with a finger poised over the button. It is the finger of the afore mentioned bristle head gent. The camera begins to pan down to show bristle head with raised finger poised above the button.

The man clicks the button and the flag drops. Exactly like that.

He doesn't take another photo.

Just a coincidence of course.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I whipped up this little graphic to show the most likely configuration of the flagpole, and how it appears in the video to have detached (not my greatest tech drawing, but will do for this purpose).

1. Flag pole configuration in section.
2. Flag flips over pole at 32 second mark of OP video (may be different time in different videos).
3. Self-weight of flag unhooks flag after a small period of time.
4. Flag falls!

I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, but it is very clear in the video how this happened. It was NOT planned (unless someone was controlling the wind, and the the way the flag fluttered... lol)... no devices, no conspiracy, nothing nefarious.

Just uncanny coincidental timing and physics.

Life is funny sometimes... ;-j
Cheers
edit on 9-8-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Yeah, I see what you are talking about. It's weird how he took a pic almost at the instant the flag dropped.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
I whipped up this little graphic to show the most likely configuration of the flagpole, and how it appears in the video to have detached (not my greatest tech drawing, but will do for this purpose).

1. Flag pole configuration in section.
2. Flag flips over pole at 32 second mark of OP video (may be different time in different videos).
3. Self-weight of flag unhooks flag after a small period of time.
4. Flag falls!

I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, but it is very clear in the video how this happened. It was NOT planned (unless someone was controlling the wind, and the the way the flag fluttered... lol)... no devices, no conspiracy, nothing nefarious.

Just uncanny coincidental timing and physics.

Life is funny sometimes... ;-j
Cheers
edit on 9-8-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

Based on your illustration I can't see how any of the flags could stay on in that wind. They should have all flown off if they were just on hooks.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
We should declare war on London / UK for the travesty.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Those behind the mainstream know that the judgement of God is coming soon. They do not want the public to panic.

Well, I won't argue that probability! Won't panic, either, as I am secure in my salvation, but I do worry about people I know that aren't. No doubt, though, that there are forces in control that most aren't aware of being there. Don't mean the standard groups, either.

CX

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

*snip*

Side Bar: Any kind of info on the closing ceremony? I have seen images of a ferris wheel they are calling "the eye" and other sorts of Illuminati symbols on the interweb. Maybe that's the big show we've all been hoping won't happen...

-Goose

Do you happen to have a link for that? Sounds like interesting reading! I remember reading about a lot in the Superbowl halftime show, but hadn't seen anything on the Olympics. Interesting.

That will no doubt be the London Eye.....a tourist attraction on the bank of The Thames. It's a big wheel where you can see the whole much of London from, and which you get totally shafted in the wallet for going on.....not that big thing from Lord Of The Rings that sees all.

CX.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

*snip*

-Goose

That will no doubt be the London Eye.....a tourist attraction on the bank of The Thames. It's a big wheel where you can see the whole much of London from, and which you get totally shafted in the wallet for going on.....not that big thing from Lord Of The Rings that sees all.

CX.

ROTFL! Alright, I did think of that eye when I read that. Yeah, serious Tolkien fan here! So any idea what about a ferris wheel people see as an occult symbol? is it just the name?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ohhhh that old pesky and unpredictable wind. You know all sorts of strange things happen when the wind is a howling, you know once on a windy day a seagull turd hit me on the area of the penis, the wind was actually blowing sideways.

I certainly didn't think it was the work of the Illuminati at the time, but after watching this now I am not so sure. I mean if they can control the wind, control sideways seagull excrement then basically the possibilities are endless

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

You're right!

Obviously my illustrative diagram is an exact representation of the hardware used, and there is no way that possibly the hooks were more "hooked" than my hastily drawn image...

You completely blew my argument out of the water with your one line genius!

I bow to your superior intellect.

Cheers ;-j

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
America fell in 1913. The paperwork is just not yet complete.

1861, starshift... March of 1861.

The Constitution is null and void after that date, and the ruse has worked swimmingly well for the corporatists.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Looks like these Olympians really have a....FALSE FLAG on their hands.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Everyone started laughing and cheering. Who was in the audience??

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I am shocked, just discovered this news, do we know which flags were on either side of the US flag?

People are just laughing and seem very pleased that the flag fell.

This is not good news at all, it is a harbinger of a terrible time for US.

Most importantly to me, which flags were on either side of it?

Come on people a flag fell literately a piece of cloth fell on the ground, people where laughing because it was ironic that it fell while the tune was playing. I laughed my arse of when i seen this video on the front page of reddit LAST WEEK

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
When will all of you doom and gloom people realize that the more you wish upon ill will of the human race, the more those things will never happen. For anyone to believe that anything sinister or evil will happen at the Olympics is just completely ridiculous.

Get out of your mothers basements, take a walk, enjoy life and stop looking for seemingly empty clues. It will not happen. Nor will it ever.

People have to realize that while yes, there are some pretty horrible events that take place, and for whatever those reasons are, nothing will ever happen at a sporting event as it is the one place where all nations do come together

Why would anyone want to attack a place so highly concentrated with people that everyone would notice?(sarcasm) The Olympics have attracted terrorist acts in the past, so why not more? Maybe it may not be at the actual event, but it is no coincidence the terrorist acts happen during the Olympics, as a direct result of them happening. Munich Massacre? The Centennial Park bombing?

Getting on topic though... I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence, and the sketch drawn by puzzlesphere is very close to how the holder is most likely constructed. If the opening was just large enough to get the grommets on to the hooks, the other two were not lifted high enough to go over it.
edit on 9-8-2012 by nateman because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join