It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Omen? US Flag Falls, Right on Cue During US Anthem at OIympics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep
on a lighter note, they need to ban gravity from the Olympics!

Gravity is a lie.

Think on that.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Aren't the Russian troops already here?

The flag incident makes sense in that regard.

They are always TELLING us what they are going to do.....part of their kabbala requirements.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Huge numbers of the chinese population seem to be the modern day slaves for the western consumers.

And then the lazy rich consumers spend their time whinging about quality of a few of the products.

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

Originally posted by davidmann

Yup. A coincidence, no matter how you look at it.

It's not a coincidence.

If the Nation of America fell soon after the flag, then it would be a coincidence.

For it to be a coincidence, two events must coincide, the one near to the other, similar in nature, or one suggesting the other, so that a connection between them "appears" to exist, to which we'd say then, it's just a coincidence.

At present, it's just "an event".

It's not coincidental to any other given event as yet.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

...that our flag was still there...

flag falls.

Did you miss the music?

If it were in any way rigged, then it would be to make damn certain that the flag has suitable hardware, and would not fall like some podium seal of POTUS, clanking to the floor, before the People, not even in a gale.

I extrapolate meaning because you extrapolate meaning, no no's, I know. Part of getting better, is admitting there's a problem. It doesn't happen until that moment. Many aver 'the Nation of America' fell 100 years ago. Timing is everything. In this case, the timing signifies, at the very least, a coincidence. Nothing but drones for a while now. That's what's unidentified in the sky, till another spiral comes along, because a missile test went awry. Right-o.

Also, my line was taken out of context, since it was sarcasm. You should read the entire post.

edit on 9-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep
on a lighter note, they need to ban gravity from the Olympics!

Originally posted by DissentFromDayOne

Gravity is a lie.

Think on that.

It all depends on the gravity of the lie.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

what do you mean? i know im not supposed to deviate from the topic here, but id really like to hear your reasoning for this.

also, i got a spooky feeling hearing everyone laugh and cheer and jeer when the flag fell. im definitely not a nationalist, but thats weird.
edit on 9-8-2012 by yourcodenameismilo because: none.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I appreciate the reply, before I even tried to go into the mind about what the deeper less coincidental and plain ole gut instinct told me, I thought that whoever is on the sides of the flag when it fell are the countries to keep a close eye on as they probably have it out for us and were part of making us a laughing stock at the expense of our National Anthem specifically the part where "the flag was still there". I do not believe in sheer coincidence and this was a sign for me, cannot explain or prove it, just a sense. Hope that made sense, just wanted to let you know why I was asking and what I am going on about.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Did anyone else notice the flag being blown all the way up and over the bar in the wind , possibly unhooking the flag as it flipped over? Just a thought

Look again. Although it rises twice above horizontal in the wind (so do the other flags), the flag is hanging almost vertical when it drops.

edit: Whoops. I looked again and you are right. It "flips" over its bar at least once. I still say for what ever reason it did... Baaad Ju Ju.

edit on 8-8-2012 by intrptr because: correction

Thank you for correcting yourself unlike some other assets lol. Still dont know whether that could unhook it or not tho, just a thought .

HAHAHAHAHA baaaaaaad Ju Ju.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Thank you so much for Washington's vision. I've never read that before.

Now, as long as we keep the 2nd Amendment intact, we just might make to the other side of that third vision.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by IllGoose124
*snip*

Side Bar: Any kind of info on the closing ceremony? I have seen images of a ferris wheel they are calling "the eye" and other sorts of Illuminati symbols on the interweb. Maybe that's the big show we've all been hoping won't happen...

First time poster, I'll be around /
-Goose

Do you happen to have a link for that? Sounds like interesting reading! I remember reading about a lot in the Superbowl halftime show, but hadn't seen anything on the Olympics. Interesting.

Oh, and welcome to the site!
edit on 9-8-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: additional comment

Thanks. So....where are the supposed occult symbols? I have to confess to being unable to focus today - sleep schedule way off. I am not seeing, at first glance, anything that jumps out.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
there is no way that happened at that moment in the song by mistake they are telling us its coming

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I

t wasn't rigged, but it was a coincidence.

More benign, but actually worse.!
edit on 10-8-2012 by BrutalDictator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
America fell in 1913. The paperwork is just not yet complete.

I have sent you a message, care to take a read?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
No good can come of this. I was also disturbed by the way people reacted. Maybe they were laughing at the guy that rigged it but doubt it. What are the odds of 3 flags being hung and only one falling I would say its more likely the whole rig would go. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I wouldn't be surprised if the british did it intentionally. After all, the American anthem, the Star Spangled Banner, was inspired by the fact that the British tried to bomb an American fort into submission and failed. The Anglo's have more then their fair share of Psychopaths, so this isn't really surprising at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Hi ThisIsNotReality,

Don't worry, i'm not going to insult or ridicule you... but I will challenge your post...

Ofcourse this is not how the flags were attached.

Why... what makes you so certain? Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

You demanded "pictures" to "prove you wrong" (which I will provide later in this post)... where are your pictures that prove my illustration wrong?

With all due respect to this explanation, it's not that plausible at all.

Why not?... in my opinion, it is definitely "plausible", despite your response, as it is basic physics in action, as my illustration showed, and an obvious solution to the simple problem of hanging a flag (even one that I have seen before).

In fact it seems to me to be the most plausible (which is why I posted it) based on what is visible in the videos... even probable (due to a range of factors)... as someone else has suggested in this thread.

Again... where is your evidence, or a counter argument of a "more likely" system that may have been used?

If this were the case, not a single flag would still be hanging in the windy UK.

That comment is just facetious and completely unfounded... at the very least it should be "most flags"... not every "single flag".

Your post was essentially pure speculation, and an attack on my post without any evidence, or even a reasoned response/argument to support your claims... which is fine... but I wasn't going to just let your response go unanswered.

As of yet, I haven't made an opinion on whether the "universe", god, some unknown alien tech that can control the wind or coincidence, or some other supernatural or synchronous force, "made" it happen... and I will withhold judgement on that aspect... for me it was just pure coincidence. The fact is, no-one can know if it was some unseen power that did it, though I'm happy to read reasoned speculation (that's why I'm on this site)... it's fun to imagine and conspire... ;-j

In the following image, I have added annotation to further support my claims:

As can be seen... the entire system seems to be made entirely from standard and readily available hardware/materials, that can be purchased at any handy-man store (u-bolts, two different sized metal tubing, eye-bolts, wire, wire-clasps, some type of hooks).

The gap between the flags and poles shows very clearly the use of two-hook system (or something very similar).

One side detaching first strongly supports the idea that it was the self weight of the flag, wrapped around the pole, that pulled it off. The timing was the only coincidental thing.

The only thing left to question is the exact type of hook/fastener that held the flags on.

As can be seen in the following image (which only has a very small selection of possible hooks), there are many different types of "hook", many of which would make it almost impossible for a flag to become "unhooked" unless pulled almost completely vertical, or through extreme circumstances that couldn't have been predicted by the maker/designer of the system (like the flag wrapping "around" the pole).

Also, the need for quick and easy attachment or changing of the flags (between ceremonies, and in case of a mix-up), necessitates the idea of the most simple of fastenings (like a hook system)... precluding the idea of a more complex fastener like a u-bolt or a carabiner (often used in sailing, or other windy situations for flags... which would be the other options based on what is clearly visible in images of the incident).

The more time I have put into this, the more sure of the almost certainty of my original perception of the situation.

It was an amusing coincidence!

Hopefully this post, along with my original illustration, is now enough of an explanation to put the naysayers to rest. This was not a premeditated incident in any way, shape or form.

As to whether a "higher power" had some supernatural hand in causing the coincidence... go hard with the speculation!!! That's what this site is about!

There may indeed have been some aspect of synchronicity involved... or... more likely it was just pure coincidence... that a lot of Americans seem to be taking personally, an want to turn into something that it is not.

Stay aware and honest... and stuff is often pretty obvious.

Cheers
;-j

p.s. Thanks for reading if you made it through this mammoth post... ;-j

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Behold, all you [enemies of your own selves] who attempt to kindle your own fires [and work out your own plans of salvation], who surround and gird yourselves with momentary sparks, darts, and firebrands that you set aflame!—walk by the light of your self-made fire and of the sparks that you have kindled [for yourself, if you will]! But this shall you have from My hand: you shall lie down in grief and in torment. Isaiah 50:11

19 Two kinds of calamities have befallen you—but who feels sorry for and commiserates you?—they are desolation and destruction [on the land and city], and famine and sword [on the inhabitants]—how shall I comfort you or by whom?
20 Your sons have fainted; they lie [like corpses] at the head of all the streets, like an antelope in a net; they are full [from drinking] of the wrath of the Lord, the rebuke of your God.
21 Therefore, now hear this, you who are afflicted, and [who are] drunk, but not with wine [but thrown down by the wrath of God].
22 Thus says your Lord, the Lord, and your God, Who pleads the cause of His people: Behold, I have taken from your hand the cup of staggering and intoxication; the cup of My wrath you shall drink no more.
23 And I will put it into the hands of your tormentors and oppressors, those who said to you, Bow down, that we may ride or tread over you; and you have made your back like the ground and like the street for them to pass over. Isaiah Ch. 51

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
In regards to the 1913, it's when the FR got it's foot into the door and we've been voting for their puppets ever since or seeing them taken out when they felt threatened.
The fall is irrelevant whether it is symbolic or fully engaged in the an all out collapse. We know the game is coming to end, what we choose to do beyond that is what is more important now. What would we create if given free reign to live to our highest abilities? We are holding onto the only game we can remember but there is so much more beyond what we have been taught.
edit on 10-8-2012 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by antihero424
No good can come of this. I was also disturbed by the way people reacted. Maybe they were laughing at the guy that rigged it but doubt it. What are the odds of 3 flags being hung and only one falling I would say its more likely the whole rig would go. Just my opinion.

Just a few notes in response:

So the wind blew one flag down and not the other two: just look at the way all 3 move as they are being hoisted. They don't move in perfect harmony. That's just the way gusts of wind work. Hell, there'd be a few dead-heats in the sailing events if it were otherwise.

The (presumably mainly British) crowd laughed: we would have done the same had it been our own flag (probably even longer and louder). We really don't have the same reverance as the Americans do when it comes to national anthems / flag raising. There is also something about Wimbledon that brings out this we're-quirky-and-we're-British-so-let's-all-laugh-and-be-jolly attitude. You see it at Wimbledon every year (and it drives me mad). What no-one has seen fit to mention is the reaction of THE SAME CROWD seconds later when the flag is recovered and held aloft - a full, spontaneous, warm and magnanimous round of applause far out-weighing the original laughter.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Perhaps it is evidence of my mystical leanings (which I am sure many of you will not agree with) but at this point in my life, now having more than a full few decades behind me, I am not certain I believe in "coincidence" any more. Not in the same way your "average" person would define it.

If this was not planned, I say it could hold synchronistic significance, regardless. This was not fun to watch.

I don't suppose hearing the crowd's reaction helped with that feeling. Does everyone really hate us that much? Or did everyone just say to themselves-- "gee..that was a really funny coincidence. How funny," and just chuckle?

Maybe they saw it for what it was. Laughter as a reaction to fear or intimidation is a common and somewhat understood psychological phenomenon.
edit on 11-8-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join