It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn, Spica and Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Looked out the window a while ago and noticed a nice triangle in the sky, west. Saturn is at the top, Mars is on the right and Spica is on the left.

I know Saturn and Spica have been in close together for months but now Mars has joined in. A beautiful sight!

West Coasters, go out and take a look

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

yep, i am in Hong Kong and i also noticed it. Unfortunately it is very cloudy recently. But it is a nice sight !
I tried out my new 2x Barlow on my Maede Telescope, but it was to unclear to see Saturns Rings.
Hope the weather is better soon so i can enjoy the nice view !

cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Well poop! That shoots my theory all to heck! I thought that triangle was part of the Reptilian Armada moving in to take us out...

Seriously, I did notice that near perfect triangle last night for the first time. I actually looked at for quite a while, thinking it was part of the Leo constellation...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I saw it too. Any astrologers who would care to coment/ Especialy if it involves Spica?

Or did I miss that post?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I saw it also, awesome sight, noticed it because it was so unusual. Very nice to know several of us saw it last night.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Way cool thread

Secrets in Plain Sight

Warning: Wierd stuff ahead. You might enjoy though berkelelygal

peace

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Basel77

yep, i am in Hong Kong and i also noticed it. Unfortunately it is very cloudy recently. But it is a nice sight !
I tried out my new 2x Barlow on my Maede Telescope, but it was to unclear to see Saturns Rings.
Hope the weather is better soon so i can enjoy the nice view !

cheers

Hey, i have an 8inch Dobsonion, is it possible to see Saturn(even a sphere shape) without using 2xBarlow? i use the standards 10mm and 25mm plossl eyepieces.

I need to invest in a good barlow if thats the case.

new topics

top topics

join