It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSA claims it killed Russian general in Syria who had been aiding Assad regime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If this is true, I can't say it's the smartest move the FSA has made. What was the Russian general actually doing there? If he was there on official state business, then killing him may just bring Russia into it. At the very least, Russia will focus more on helping Assad and putting down the rebels. Good move FSA

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Wouldn't even need to be from the Med. The missiles have operational range of between 8000 - 10000 kilometres.

They could launch them from Moscow if they really wanted to.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The FSA always take pictures of their executions, this is not normal for them to kill a Russian general without taking a picture or video. We have seen the FSA posing with the martyred Syrians since the conflict began, there are countless videos and images of FSA fighters posing with the deceased.

This is not normal, we can't believe that suddenly all FSA phones and cameras were confiscated. They took images of some papers, but not the Russian general? That doesn't make sense one bit, I'm 90% sure it is a bogus claim to boost moral.

That being said, I will leave the other 10% for those who want to believe this claim.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
All it took was just under or over a decade for an idea of foreign intervention through the use of military hardware with no flag as a nation to overturn and destabilize or stabilize a region depending on what side of the fence your looking from has been achieved. It has come to a point were even members here within ats find it normal and acceptable that intervention is just "progress" Democracy and Dictatorship is and was intentionally over used to subdue any opposition within the hosts nation that plan such strategic battlefields.

We are viewing the future of planet earth, We are viewing a new age of military conflicts, We are all occupying a planet that must confine its human inhabitants. The empire is expanding its region and its region is not confined to physical borders but confined to a planet. Technology is the new weapon for the planets species, its multiple and unseen use upon humans is so vast and rooted that it no longer is possible to make the distinction between rational and irrational.

The Sign of Times is upon us.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

He could order launch of Bulavas from Meditterran .Within the next 3 minutes,Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Israel,Lebanon will be a sheet of glass.

I'll call that bluff.
Sounds scary though.

I said could. So where is the bluff?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

edit on 8-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

i predict that the severley mutilated corpses
of some FSA higher ups will be found
drenched in pig fat

so mutilated that only the cia will recognize some of them as "western advisors"
and only after genetic testing

either that or the areas where FSA is encamped will experiance an increase in radioactivity
due to radioactive "dust"
edit on 8-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Likely a former general.To be Frank I even doubt that he is dead .FSA has been known to make claims that later turn out to be hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well, it looks like it was a lie by the FSA like some claimed. Not much more info is available yet but this is what I found on the Breaking News website;

Retired Russian general Vladimir Kuzheyev, claimed 'killed' by FSA in Syria, meets press in Moscow, says outraged by provocation - @RT_com

www.breakingnews.com... led-by-fsa-in

I'm a little confused though, the name in this article is slightly different than the name that was first released said to be "killed".
edit on 8-8-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
More info;

A Russian general met reporters at the Defense Ministry in Moscow on Wednesday to deny reports that he had been killed by rebel forces in Syria and was shown on television looking well.

"I want to confirm that I am alive and well. I am in good health and I'm living in Moscow," Vladimir Petrovich Kuzheyev, a reserve general, was quoted as saying by Itar-Tass news agency.

Russian television briefly showed footage of Kuzheyev, in a blue shirt and no tie, at the Defence Ministry.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Pedro4077

He could order launch of Bulavas from Meditterran .Within the next 3 minutes,Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Israel,Lebanon will be a sheet of glass.

Interesting list of countries
And what about the 'fallout' of not just the material but from the counter attacks?
Its a wishful thought on the ones destined to anhilate their enemies in the region but Russian Gov't is not that stupid.
edit on 8-8-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I suppose I was right, I had a 10% doubt, but was 90% sure it was a lie orchestrated to boost moral, specially considering the fact that FSA is failing big time in Aleppo and one of their top leaders were also killed there.

The FSA put all their focus on Aleppo to turn the city in to a base for Western intelligence officers and the so called "advisers" (who are in reality special ops). They can still lay down their arms and gain amnesty.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The Russian General is alive and well
he just came out on TV from Moscow to deny the false reports on his death
said that this was a pure provocation for the russian people

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Wow it has really begun. I feel so sorry for Syrians who have to put up with this terrorism from the western world. I hope we get a good dose of chemical warfare for our trouble.

Wow! You really are a complete jackazz!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Well ... I think its official. I have been on ATS too long. My first thought was that this is potentially a body double that the Russian's use to put some distance between themselves and Syria. I want to go on record saying that I think that is insane and it is far more likely (as another member predicted) that it was a morale boosting ploy or maybe even a simple mistake made by the FSA.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
whats FSA? free syrian army??? hahahha..propaganda...

syria has a massive army already.... the fsa are terrorists...the "troops loyal to assad' as they call it are the states army....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Russian general denies reports of him being killed in Syria

with that being said, its the FSA, they also said that they took Damascus and are outside the regimes HQ a few months ago, then they claimed Aleppo and said that this is the turning point for regime. today they hold only a few rooms in the city hiding like rats

this terrorist group is lying, cheating, terrorising organization that is only good at killing the syrian people and advancing zionist agenda.

look at this scum:

difference:

terrorists

freedom fighters and protectors

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I know, just like AQ is running Egypt now....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OP should update the first post... because you know people don't read all the posts.. just the headlines

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sonnny1

Warn all the snakes to go back to where they came from whether its Russia,Iran,Iraq or Lebanon.

Yep that was a warning and seems they can back up their words since a Russian general has been dispatched from Syria.

So quick to hop on the FSA propaganda?

The story had no evidence or proof to confirm it yet you fell right for it

The story is a proven hoax, not only do you eat up the MSM but you take the word of mouth straight from a terrorist organization

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join