Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why do so many people desire an Apocalypse!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My hypothesis is that deep down many people want TSTHTF... Their lives are either boring and mundane. Or they are having financial problems and if there are no more banks, etc... Then you do not have to pay your mortgage, credit card bills, student loans... (Man where is the Apocalypse when you need it)...

Also look at how many movies, T.V. Shows, books, etc have been about some kind of futuristic post apocalyptic world? And how many other movies about super villians trying to bring about the end of civilization? This is nothing new. Add to that the fact that Discovery, History Channel etc are constantly reminding us of the numerous unknowns out there that could cause this. Factor in the recent earthquakes, tsumanis, Ebola, Bird Flu, and it doesn't help. Add a little religion to the recipe and then what do you have? Deep down we all know it will happen eventually... It could be thousands of years from now, it could be tonight or tomorrow,,, Maybe next week. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is in our DNA but it certainly is deep in our subconcious mind...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Dear crazyguy2012,

F&S. Do you remember the story of the boy who cried wolf? Why all this talk, so nobody will listen when thing really do go bad. Nothing about genetics, nothing about society, just deceit.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I do not desire an apocalypse. I desire for a mass spiritual awakening of the global population. For everyone to wake up in an instant and realize what life is.
edit on 7-8-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-8-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Dear crazy 2012,
We meet again, but under a differant thread. However my answer is still the same, YesI cant wait for mother earth to weed out the weak ones. The sooner the better I have bills to pay!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear crazyguy2012,

F&S. Do you remember the story of the boy who cried wolf? Why all this talk, so nobody will listen when thing really do go bad. Nothing about genetics, nothing about society, just deceit.

So everyone who posts a prediction about a disaster... (Or the numerous threads wherein everyone senses something big is about to happen... I am sure you have seen many "I have a feeling" postings.) Are you saying they are all agents of disinformation? Or is it something else... I think it is mostly a desire to escape from this mundane world...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwontrun
Dear crazy 2012,
We meet again, but under a differant thread. However my answer is still the same, YesI cant wait for mother earth to weed out the weak ones. The sooner the better I have bills to pay!

My thoughts exactly. I must admit that not having to pay my bills... being able to hunt and fish all day long... Living of the land... Rebuilding a newer and better society. It is a very attractive proposition. But there would be many downsides to it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Most pro-apocalypse type folk are religious and believe that this is a necessary step to either being raptured, reaching Heaven, or the 1,000 year reign of Christ on Earth to begin. Thus they see destruction as rebirth - and rebirth into a world that they feel would be preferable to this faulty version we currently inhabit.

But I think that on a more deeply psychological level it's a mental release valve for some people. Just like we tend to watch the clock at work on Fridays... some folks need to see a coming end to find strength enough to endure the moment.

Me? I'm just a big fan of the apocalypse because I think that the human race lost its right to being the predominant species right around the time that we invented boy bands.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Dear crazyguy2012,

There are as many reasons as there are people. I don't assume they all have the same reason, I assume they all have the same effect. As to the question of whether or not they believe what they are saying, same answer, some do and some don't. Focus on the effect more than the intent and you begin to see the answers. Ignore how these things might impact you and you begin to see better at what they are and how they are effecting people.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Because the slaves hope to be freed and start anew? Just guessing...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Only the dumb people. The governments want most of us dead so they just throw all this info at us detailing the end of times to get us interested. It's almost like conditioning, they're getting us ready for doomsday/death, etc... the religious don't have to worry. Most of them believe their god has something magically this year (more like every year....) and since some believe heaven exists they won't mind dying especially the life we do have now is full of pain (from governments of course)

I know there are others who can see past the crap and are getting ready for a takeover whether it be in the fashion of a fake alien invasion, fake alien invasion by real aliens, world war 3, new religion, messiah etc... they're just getting ready. Some actually think we need to die or get rid of the idiots but little do they know this plays in to their plan, to depopulate us in order to gain more control seeing as 6 billion people won't agree to a global power.

It's just sad seeing people so gullible with the information they're fed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The world is a s&*t place lead by evil money hungry little baskets.

People want a world full of good things like love.

There is a power imbalance, individuals feel helpless. The only way to change things is a SHTF scenario. It will happen at some point. I think at a global conscious level individuals are priming themselves for the time when they can take back the planet.

Society either evolves or it is subject to revolution. Since it is evolving in the wrong direction, the only, ONLY way forward is revolution. I can see it as clear as clear is.

P

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide,

I gave you a star but just because you mentioned boy bands. I personally believe (this is a joke) that Jimmy Buffet is the antichrist, heck he has made more money from one lousy song than anyone in history.

Most pro-apocalypse type folk are religious and believe that this is a necessary step to either being raptured, reaching Heaven, or the 1,000 year reign of Christ on Earth to begin. Thus they see destruction as rebirth - and rebirth into a world that they feel would be preferable to this faulty version we currently inhabit.

I don't know that most people who believe the world will end are spiritual. The world will end, that is the nature and life cycle of stars, we could end before then; but, it is a guarantee the world will end. If you are not spiritual then the world ends the moment you die, if you are then we live beyond this world and this is just a place for discovering who you are, we don't meet God till we are dead, the next reality if it exists..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Because the slaves hope to be freed and start anew? Just guessing...

So far I think that is the best answer. Straightforward, Simplistic and Straight to the point... Why don't we all just work to free ourselves? It isn't easy quitting that job that you hate (i am talking about people in general not you in particular)...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Holy sheet.. thats the most ignorant post ive ever seen.
maybe because we dont like the idea that the current system is a joke
it is the cause of a huuuuuuuge ammount of suffering and damage to the planet
all which is unnecessary. Im glad your happy with your life but unfortunately the number
of people suffering is massive and increasing rapidly, all because of greed.

I know your problem...its FEAR

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Why don't we all just work to free ourselves?

Too busy, distracted, exhausted, bills to pay, ignorant of truth, lack of care, lack of vision?
Again I am just taking a stab,, but I know plenty of folks that feel like this, and I have too at times. I do think we should work to free ourselves but we can't hardly find genuine truth anymore for a starting point or productive direction. I was trying to get some scientific research results for a topic and realized the funding and politics muddied the water so much I could not find an accurate answer and became disenchanted. Sorry for the pessimism, but uncharacteristically, today my glass is half empty

reply to post by Hefficide
ETA: I agree with Heff also, as usual. ( good to see your perspectives on the boards again friend)
edit on 7-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think it's partly to blame on Hollywood movies, which tend to romanticize the apocalypse and make it into a fun exciting adventure. In a certain light, it would be exciting at the beginning for survivors, but even survivors would soon find that without the industrial and technological infrastructure providing electricity, clean water, and food, life becomes very, very hard. Starvation and disease is horrific and is what will befall virtually everyone in an apocalyptic event.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The answer is very simple. Many of us know deep down that this is not what life should be like. Our youth are dissillusioned with almost every aspect of the world. We want a fresh start.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiphoprevolution
Holy sheet.. thats the most ignorant post ive ever seen.
maybe because we dont like the idea that the current system is a joke
it is the cause of a huuuuuuuge ammount of suffering and damage to the planet
all which is unnecessary. Im glad your happy with your life but unfortunately the number
of people suffering is massive and increasing rapidly, all because of greed.

I know your problem...its FEAR

Quite right. So many people are suffering right now. But people have always suffered. Life itself has never been easy. Would an Apocalypse really solve all your problems? Or would it create a whole new set of problems?

Also many of us out here (especially those here on ATS) simply do not trust our governments to always do the right thing. We also fear the NWO that could potentially replace the current system.

Am I happy with my life? Yes... Do I suffer YES. I watch my paycheck disappear to taxes, bills, student loans. Life, whether modern life, life in the middle ages, life in the 1800s, or even post Apocalyptic life is all about survival.

Personally, I am prepared for the "end" if it comes. But you should also be prepared for life to continue if the "end" does not come in our lifetime.

I don't think anyone can accurately predict when the end will come but all things must end at some point.
edit on 7-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I think it's partly to blame on Hollywood movies, which tend to romanticize the apocalypse and make it into a fun exciting adventure. In a certain light, it would be exciting at the beginning for survivors, but even survivors would soon find that without the industrial and technological infrastructure providing electricity, clean water, and food, life becomes very, very hard. Starvation and disease is horrific and is what will befall virtually everyone in an apocalyptic event.

Yes... The survivors would have to come together, create a new infrastructure and a new government.. Or they could just continue on the same path towards the next pending Apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

We would pretty much go back to living in small shacks with no AC., no TV, No internet (which also means no ATS..
Then again that also means no more facebook....
) No more hot showers... Using an outhouse. We would all be hairy, stinky, sick... No chemo... No antibiotics... No hospitals... No blood pressure meds...The average life span will drastically decline...
edit on 7-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join