It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Mike Huckabee be the Romney VP ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Back in the fall of 2011, there was an absolute media frenzy when there was speculation that Mike Huckabee was going to run for President again. He seemed to be the voice of reason in a sea of birther theorists, far right nut jobs, and candidates who just generally didn't appeal to anyone (which is what they ended up with).

The program where Huckabee announced whether or not he was running was one of the most watched programs in the history of FOX, then he just dropped off the map, barely gets a mention.

All of a sudden he is mentioned as a key speaker at the GOP convention in August, seemingly out of nowhere.

Could it be that Mittens is going to pick Huck as his VP choice?

It would be popular with the moderates of the party, popular with the GOP old guard, popular with the public, and a good solid statesman like choice.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nope.

Must be someone favored by the TEA Party like Marco Rubio.

Huckabee endorsed David Dewhurst in the Texas Republican Senate run-off and was soundly defeated by Ted Cruz who was back by the TEA Party and Sarah Palin.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Smart move I was going to say no Mittens could do better but then I remember my mom saying Huckabee reminds her of Gomer Pyle which could sway the senior vote in Mittens favor.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I wish I could care. I can't care. After what the republican establishment has done to the Ron Paul crowd, I can't have anything to do with any of the establishment republicans.

I don't care if they put baby Jesus himself as VP.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I wish I could care. I can't care. After what the republican establishment has done to the Ron Paul crowd, I can't have anything to do with any of the establishment republicans.

I don't care if they put baby Jesus himself as VP.

You mean the guy that barely got any votes? What does he have to do with any of this?

Back to the OP, I'm not sure I like Huckabee or not, he might energize the base though. Also comparing this with a GOP vs GOP election is rediculous. Tea Party will back Huckabee vs Obama all day long, that's guaranteed money right there.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Actually he has a lot to do with this. Because the GOP didn't just not elect Paul, but insulted him, alienated his supporters and generally treated us all like crap; many will refuse to vote for the Republican candidate.

I won't. Screw mittens.

What happens when you alienate even 1-5% of your most conservative base?

2008 .. that's what.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yup, voted for Paul in the primary going to probably vote Libertarian in the General Election. I think Gary Johnson has pussyfooted around with some issues that might get traction, like jailing banksters, or a real overhaul of the medical system like breaking the anti-competitive and anti-trust exemptions the pharma and med device industry have, but can't vote for Romney. I hope enough people vote third party so that next time more parties are qualified for federal matching funds. I have the sneaking suspicion that Johnson has avoided real issues that might gain some traction because he might want to go back to the GOP at some point in the future.

But to hell with the GOP establishment they deserve exactly what they get in November when the most energized and vocal part of their base stays home or votes Libertarian.

top topics

join