It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Curiosity Raw Image Anomaly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

Laughing while typing ... Did you think you were going to see something for real. Like some buildings and some space man walking around? Come on! You will see nothing no matter what.

When they want you to know the truth about. IT It will be to late.

Sorry nothing to see here people move along....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A column of two armoured vehicles doing desert patrol for sandworms?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

here's a comparison between what it looks like with the dust cover on, and with it off.

Doesn't that look like a finger on the left? LOL

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Oh dear. Here we go.
And when the dust covers are off, with better, higher resolution, clearer images, all the peeps will be talking about these 'anomalies' getting photoshop'd out of the images as a big NASA coverup.
*sigh*

oh Druscilla .. the more I see you comment the more I like you =)

SO very right

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's nothing... and if I'm not mistaken JPL has already published panoramas on the site with the initial images in perspective... this is the typical looking in the clouds and seeing what your mind wants to see kind of thing..

And Drucilla is right.. what will people say? it's been edited! ... look at the pixels! OMG
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by jaysbot

Laughing while typing ... Did you think you were going to see something for real. Like some buildings and some space man walking around? Come on! You will see nothing no matter what.

When they want you to know the truth about. IT It will be to late.

Sorry nothing to see here people move along....

I wasn't expecting to see anything, my guess is NASA had alot of pressure to quickly release some photos to the press and to the people seeing their funding has been questioned in the past and in the heat of the moment the excitement generated on landing. Unfortunately they weren't expecting one of the first raw images to have something in it.

What is interesting now they have entirely removed this particular raw image from their website and replaced it with a darkened picture with alot of the background details removed completely.

I'm am well aware of their practices sometimes though some crumbs get left behind.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaysbot

What is interesting now they have entirely removed this particular raw image from their website and replaced it with a darkened picture with alot of the background details removed completely.

No they haven't: Image

So what other baseless lie are you going to come up with now, to try to breathe life into your fantastical theory?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

No they haven't: Image

So what other baseless lie are you going to come up with now, to try to breathe life into your fantastical theory?

LOL ??? that is not the same raw image at all, it has had contrast, brightness and air brushing done around the anomaly on the horizon, zooming it now the two vertical lines are completely gone and details have been removed. open your eyes.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Your avatar is strangely mesmerizing.

Whattup sloth?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

LOL ??? that is not the same raw image at all, it has had contrast, brightness and air brushing done around the anomaly on the horizon, zooming it now the two vertical lines are completely gone and details have been removed. open your eyes.

Oh the 2 vertical lines caused by pixelation on the dust particles you mean?

Well here is your image then: image

That is 100% the original images as they were shown. I can verify, as I downloaded them to my pc. Any brightness, contrast changes or size changes were either made by the person you got the image from or yourself.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hold up!!!

I clicked on this thread because I thought we would be discussing the object shown on spaceweather.com.

Im on my iphone... I will try and link it.

www.spaceweather.com...

Here it shows what appear to be a silver ball...

"This picture was taken by Mars Descent Imager (MARDI) onboard Curiosity during its final stage of descent towards the surface of the Red Planet," says SWx-reader Radek Grochowski who noticed the optical phenomenon. "Above the falling heat shield you can see a distinct bright spot - an opposition effect." The opposition effect occurs when sunlight is backscattered from a loosely-packed surface of dust or sand. Particles hide their own shadows, resulting in a bright spot on the ground as seen from above. This phenomenon has been observed on Earth, the Moon, Mars, and even in the rings of Saturn.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I got my raw images from the direct nasa feed, there a approx 3 raw photos released in the 1st 5-10 minutes after landing and i have all and in the correct order, once again that photo you just showed has been edited. this is pointless.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I got my raw images from the direct nasa feed, there a approx 3 raw photos released in the 1st 5-10 minutes after landing and i have all and in the correct order, once again that photo you just showed has been edited. this is pointless.

So you got your low resolution pic, from a low resolution flash player live feed?

I think that is all that needs to be said really, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The silver 'ball' in that image is the heatshield. They are referring to the saturated light to the top of the pic, as the subject matter in that 'article'.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You know the "silver ball" is the heat shield, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

When i say direct feed i'm referring to watching it live a receiving the 1st photos (downloading them).

You can believe what you like, just like i can.. if you don't want to accept what is in the first images released by NASA fine. Besides i've never stated these are infact 100% any type of object, structure or reflection it's my own mere observation and personal believe they are more than dust on the cam... the real truth will never be revealed to the public unless it is appropriate to do so, regarding this or anything from past, future & present.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is, without a shadow of a doubt, a rock-em sock-em robot.

I hope the rover is equipped with bash arms...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

Talk about back tracking. So whilst you were watching the live feed from NASA you were simultaneously downloading the images that weren't even up on their site yet? Interesting...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
it seems skeptics, government agents and the like infest alot of these threads at ATS... it's a real shame especially when people can't back up what they say without any kind of proof or research, just hot air blowing in the wind.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

That's it, when all evidence is presented to you, and you are caught in the headlights like a roe dear, resort to the 'shill' card!

There are new rules in place about that, so I would be very careful if I were you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join