It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you be reincarnated into the past?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Reincarnation.. abit to mystical for me. I do however think that once the Singularity has occured (which who is to say it hasn't already) then yes we will be able to go back and "live" lots of kinds of lives. If you wanted to go back and see what it was like to live in WWII and been on the beach of Normandy when the US invaded then there will be a simulated program for that.

I could give lots of examples of times in history it would have been so neat to have lived through and the main thing is this, once we have indefinite lifespans these mesely life expactancies we have now will be laughable in the long run and worth it to spend 70 years in a simulation just to experience a few important events, and even with that said, everyone learns different things through our all unique experiences in life so in this short simulation every glorified event and terrible experience you had through "someone else's shoes" would help you to learn more in the end result.. when you die/snap out of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Too mystical?

That's a funny statement if you think about it.

The Idea of Reincarnation is actually older than Christianity and is also mentioned in their texts.

Leaving the body and going to a super awesome dreamland of pleasure and floating around on clouds in Heaven or suffering eternal torment of flames and agony for sinning in Hell ....

Now THAT sounds quite mystical to me.

At least the Reincarnation system is about spiritual evolution and not reward/punishment for eternity.

Hey, I'm not knocking it, just thought that was funny

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
Reincarnation.. abit to mystical for me. I do however think that once the Singularity has occured (which who is to say it hasn't already) then yes we will be able to go back and "live" lots of kinds of lives. If you wanted to go back and see what it was like to live in WWII and been on the beach of Normandy when the US invaded then there will be a simulated program for that.

I could give lots of examples of times in history it would have been so neat to have lived through and the main thing is this, once we have indefinite lifespans these mesely life expactancies we have now will be laughable in the long run and worth it to spend 70 years in a simulation just to experience a few important events, and even with that said, everyone learns different things through our all unique experiences in life so in this short simulation every glorified event and terrible experience you had through "someone else's shoes" would help you to learn more in the end result.. when you die/snap out of it.

Not trying to sound rude, but reincarnation seems too "mystical" but "the singularity" and being able to simulate any time period for pleasure isn't? That sounds infinitely more farfetched to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Relating to The Egg-
The thing which gets me about the philosophy of reincarnation and non-linear time is that if these were in fact both true then you can never do anything wrong in your life, as all that was and all that will be has in a way already happened so technically no matter what choices you make, you are doing the right thing and it is "what you are supposed to be doing". This means (to me anyway) that no matter what problems you face or what "rewards" you get in life is meant to be and it has to be that way as that is how the whole play is set out. You're just playing your part, always.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

In a sense you have it right but the interpretation is off in my experience. These lives are being lived in simultaneous time all at once and not necessarily already happened. Just think about all these lives but time does not really exist.

The part you are talking about seems more like the destiny or predetermined fate theory. In reincarnation terms, this is only partially true. We set up certain events to achieve a certain scenario to begin, then free will takes it from there so we learn. Using free will and learning from it is what lets us grow.

Otherwise the predetermined destiny concept truly would have no real purpose behind it because nothing would really matter.

For example, lets say you wanted to create a scene in which you met this certain person in this life. You would set up a time and place ahead of time so that you two DO meet. Beyond that it's each persons free will that happen from that point on.

It's quite a bit more complicated than that with many other little tidbits but I don't want to confuse the bejesus out of people.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hi reincarnation fans.

What I write under this paragraph, is ONLY for those who trust
the "way" Edgar Cayce made his "communications" ,
or got his "solutions" ! !

Hey ! With the serious questions and answers we see here,
you should consider to read the books of "The Ra material",
that is linked in the second line of my signature ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

'Ra Material' Read it already. It's not bad.

The Seth Material is better on a whole other level though

Also Dr. Michael Newtons books are a great insight into the decisions and lessons we have in between lives.

Dr. Brian Weiss has documented thousands or reincarnation cases.

Dr. Raymond Moody is also quite good.

The list goes on and on.

But I think the best two books about our reality are Seth : The Nature of Personal Reality, The Seth Material, and the first book Seth Speaks. Those will blow your mind on a grander scale than the first time you saw the 'Matrix' movie.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've always wondered on TV shows like "Ghost Hunters" why they don't come across ghosts from the future. I don't see why it's not possible. Those shows seem to have a very limited theory about ghosts, suggesting that ghosts are somehow electromagnetic in nature, and either represent a coherent personality form or a "recording" of an event or personality in the structure of the room, its objects, etc. And these things only travel "forward" in time like us living things do.

But who's to say that's right? After all, to living creatures like you and me, the flow of time into the future is an illusion created by our consciousness and according to Einstein it's all relative to our point of view. Free of a material body, I don't see anything from stopping a coherent personality or entity from placing itself in any point in space and time, including what it might perceive as its own past.

Although, personally, if I die and retain my consciousness somehow, I'm not going to sit around in the attic of some old house on the same old boring Earth for hundreds of years. I'm going to explore.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

I don't believe that everything is predetermined, but even if it were, that wouldn't necessarily make everything meaningless. Especially if you are unaware that your experiences are predetermined, you would still feel the full effect of every experience and lesson. You could view it like the way we use school books, specific methods to teach different subjects, or in this case, specific lives to teach specific lessons.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If true my future self could be here already. What if we hook up and have a kid? Then I reincarnate as my kid. Strange possibilities indeed.

I suspect that we can reincarnate into the past if we choose to. While we may not bring our memories with us, we do bring our tendencies. So while something is lost, not all is. Otherwise if we lost everything of who we are, we wouldn't be reincarnating but would be a different person altogether.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

Reincarnating as your own kid wouldn't even be the oddest theory in reincarnation that i've heard, hahah.

Tibetan buddhists believe that when you die, you enter a cave, your life is judged by a spirit, and then you go into another room full of couples having sex, you choose which woman to go inside of and those are your next parents.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Iv personally died in the future and was born in the past.
can i say something already happened in the past if its gonna happen in the future?
edit on 9-8-2012 by dizTheWiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dizTheWiz

Some would argue it's all happening right now.

Also, i don't know if that's a hypothetical question, or if you are really claiming to have lived in the future.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here's a short article compiling all the past life regressions of famous actor Glenn Ford. He apparently was recorded in one session claiming to be a music teacher and then playing classical songs on piano (he didn't know how to play any instruments.) And then in another regression started speaking fluent french in a dialect that hadn't been used for centuries.

Link

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You yourself said that there no past or future, it's just NOW. So, how is it possible for someone to reincarnate into the past when past does not exist, that's why people reincarnate in the NOW!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Well, past as in the linear way that the human mind automatically views things. As in, dying in "2012" and being born into a life that we would consider to be the past right now, less technology, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well, past as in the linear way that the human mind automatically views things. As in, dying in "2012" and being born into a life that we would consider to be the past right now, less technology, etc.

Oh, I see what you mean here. Either way i wouldn't want to reincarnate here on Earth again, such a $hity place don't you agree? I don't know what I was thinking coming here all over again for the bazzilianth time

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I say yes and no.! Reincarnation is as oracular then where the idea came from, so to say nobody knows the rules. So to us time is perceived as linear but reports from people that experience OBEs, NDEs, and precognition make me conclude time is experienced differently by observers in other dimensions. Spirit is pure consciousness released from the body so spirits see events in the past present and future happening all around them. If you reincarnated back, and told me obviously you'd have reincarnated into the future conversely if you did in the past it never happened because the way we perceive time. Perhaps it never happened because we think it didn't (mind over matter).

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Who knows, maybe it turns out we really are the only life in this universe. Maybe all the real fun is going on in other dimensions and where we are is just some lame test.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Depends on which reincarnation belief you believe in, the Buddhist and Hindu ideas of reincarnation are drastically different. Buddhists don't believe in a soul or self and that nothing about you or your personality reincarnates, it's basically 100% physical reincarnation, not spiritual.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join