It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you be reincarnated into the past?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveU

Some believe that even our universe is cyclical, rather than linear. The hindu's believe reincarnation coincides with a reincarnation of the entire universe itself. The big bang, and then a reverse big bang that collapses everything, and then the entire cycle starts over.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by LoveU

Some believe that even our universe is cyclical, rather than linear. The hindu's believe reincarnation coincides with a reincarnation of the entire universe itself. The big bang, and then a reverse big bang that collapses everything, and then the entire cycle starts over.

In relation to this, here's an interesting article on the scientific evidence that backs up the Hindu theory of the universe.

ABHAY ASHTEKAR remembers his reaction the first time he saw the universe bounce. "I was taken aback," he says. He was watching a simulation of the universe rewind towards the big bang. Mostly the universe behaved as expected, becoming smaller and denser as the galaxies converged. But then, instead of reaching the big bang "singularity", the universe bounced and started expanding again. What on earth was happening?

Ashtekar wanted to be sure of what he was seeing, so he asked his colleagues to sit on the result for six months before publishing it in 2006. And no wonder. The theory that the recycled universe was based on, called loop quantum cosmology (LQC), had managed to illuminate the very birth of the universe - something even Einstein's general theory of relativity fails to do.

Einstein's relativity fails to explain the very birth of the universe
LQC has been tantalising physicists since 2003 with the idea that our universe could conceivably have emerged from the collapse of a previous universe. Now the theory is poised to make predictions we can actually test. If they are verified, the big bang will give way to a big bounce and we will finally know the quantum structure of space-time. Instead of a universe that emerged from a point of infinite density, we will have one that recycles, possibly through an eternal series of expansions and contractions, with no beginning and no end.

Link (I linked to a forum post because the original article was on a subcription-only news site.)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am in deep appreciation. Thank you so much for adding the short story to your post.
I will meditate on this.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Whoa
This was a very cool read...brought chills to me. I have never thought about it this way but, as anything, it could make sense in how it works. It's funny that I could be talking to my co-worker who in turn is just myself. No wonder when I have to discipline my kids that I feel bad because I'm doing it to my self.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

This is exactly how it is. ALL at once.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Although you can access past, present and probable future scenarios i don't think you can reincarnate in the past, whats gone is gone.
Maybe if there are trillions of parallel universes but that possibility transcends my imagination.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Good question, actually!

If i may contribute with two experiences:

#1: OBE experience
I had one OBE (out of 5) induced in waking state where i was able to travel back in time to the year 1600. This was part of a "lesson" which i received from my guide. This lesson showed me that time is not existing as we know when living with our physical body on earth. On the other side (behind the veil) the past, the presence and the future do not exist as different times. But there is one important point if it comes to the "future". This is related to the power of our consciousness where we create another reality at the moment we "focus" our consiousness. What i've learned so far is that we have a kind of superimpositions of realities based on this.

#2. Parallel incarnations
This leads to a situation which sounds a little bit weird. Some month ago i asked my guide whether i have some other parallel incarnations where he is guiding me. Surprisingly he (or "it" as a spiritual being) answered with "Yes, two".

When digging a little bit more into this information he explained to me that one is currently(!) running in the year 1320 where i'm "Dimitreos", a greek fishmonger close to Athena, who will die through pneumonia in autumn.

The other incarnation he is currently guiding is a young boy (7 years old) named "Pedro" in England. He is living around the year 2100.

The definition of "other incarnations of me" seems to be related to a kind of energy pattern or energy signature of my consciousness he is referring to, as far as i have discovered so far.

It is very interesting to me because from time to time i ask him what both are doing and ask him to send pictures. So i received some very interesting information out of the life of both, about their (my) family, their personality and the environment, they live.

I know it sounds very, very strange from our point of view but this is based on my experiences within the last 13 months after i got a kind of "wake-up" call...

edit on 8/8/2012 by Alfred2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Awhile back, someone wrote a thread with the theory that every time we almost die, we restart at an earlier time in our life.

This is why so many people have close calls.

Anyway, it makes sense to me we would repeat lives until we got it right. After all, if this is supposed to be soul development, like any other lesson/class, you would repeat until you passed.

This makes 100% sense to me and I have a gut feeling that this is not my first time around.

I almost died when i was 8 in a car crash. The mysterious thing is i dont remember the crash. I specifically remember never remembering the crash. I only remember realizing i was laying on the headliner, in someones driveway, and immediately knew i needed to get the hell outta there.....

How can you restart at an earlier time in your life when youre 8? Wouldnt it be immediately noticed? I had no injury whatsoever

By the way, something very strange was in the air that night. Ive been in several other motor vehicle accidents, but i feel like i entered an alternate universe that night. Also, i was the first one out of the car, i wasnt wearing a seatbelt, i crawled out the back hatch window, through broken glass and gravel, not a scrape on my body. Wtf?
edit on 8-8-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, almost died when i was 16 too, in a car accident. Do i have an 8 year cycle? I was in a race car that hit a tree and the roll cage saved my life. I hit my head really #ing hard on the dash and bent my nose and now people think im jewish. But i dont feel like i was thrusted into an alternate reality that day.

edit on 8-8-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Science has found that it is possible to travel backwards in time, so far only certain things that we know of can achieve this but that does not mean there are not other ways or means to do this.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have sometimes wondered if when a person has deja vu that this is just our inner energy remembering..like a glitch. We have lived the same life a million times and deja vu is there because those little glitches let us "see" for a split second that we have done it before.

Other times I think deja vu is just a system to keep us in check..like I always seem to get deja vu when I am stressed or feeling like I am being cornered by life. Sometimes I just feel like I'm not where I am supposed to be and then bang---Deja vu hits me. Maybe it's there to say "hey, you are the right place...see"...

I don't know..maybe it's just me.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I have sometimes wondered if when a person has deja vu that this is just our inner energy remembering..like a glitch. We have lived the same life a million times and deja vu is there because those little glitches let us "see" for a split second that we have done it before.

Other times I think deja vu is just a system to keep us in check..like I always seem to get deja vu when I am stressed or feeling like I am being cornered by life. Sometimes I just feel like I'm not where I am supposed to be and then bang---Deja vu hits me. Maybe it's there to say "hey, you are the right place...see"...

I don't know..maybe it's just me.

For as long as I remember, I've always believed that deja vu is me "remembering" a dream where I dreamed a future event in my life. There are times where I experience this phenomena and while it is occurring I can actually say what is going to happen next. I distinctly remember one experience when I was a kid and was riding in the car. My mom was driving and my brother was in the car. We entered an onramp to the highway and my mom was yelling at my brother. The deja vu was so intense that I felt like I was having deja vu of me having deja vu in that some situation.

OP, that story is amazing, I thought it was a great read and really made me think about things. I mean I'm sitting here listening to Warren Haynes shred the guitar and if you think about it, this story would imply that I'm doing that. The people reading this very post are all me, yet all experience different thoughts. I'm going to file this story away for later enjoyment.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
One interesting study that really made me consider reincarnation, is a phenomena called "Xenoglossia" where during a past life regression hypnosis, some people have been documented as beginning to speak in languages they do not know, even archaic versions of languages that haven't been used for hundreds of years.

I've also ready theories (This one is is mostly speculation) that phobias that occurred for no apparent reason (lack of trauma or experience involving the particular phobia) could be evidence of a way that you died in a previous life.

And of course the story of Shanti Devi.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Time is cyclical in nature so it wouldn't surprise me. I also believe we are here to learn.

This is not true. It's not really liner either.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
there is only now. This state is always true in your life. and its also true for the universe and all timelines..
there never was a past. This is just an illusion that we create by shifting through parallel frequencies of time..

yes..everything happens simultaneously. But there is not even "ONE timeline" that is a human collective one..there is a an infinite number of parallel timelines...

If you are open for sources that are channeled..
The law of one is really good in explaining this..
or bashar.

we are in stoneage in terms of understanding time...

www.lawofone.info...
Ra: I am Ra. We refrain from speaking of correctness due to our understanding of the immense difficulty of absorbing the concepts of metaphysical existence. In time/space, which is precisely as much of your self as is space/time, all times are simultaneous just as, in your geography, your cities and villages are all functioning, bustling, and alive with entities going about their business at once. So it is in time/space with the self.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have decided that I am getting of this ride next time around.

It's been fun, but it's time to move on to something else.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

So by your thoughts on this, we could have essentially lived in the future already?

Some of us, or all of us, could have already experienced what it is like in the year 4815?

Do you think people can be reincarnated into different cultures also?
edit on 8/9/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Absolutely.

Your next life may be in the past or 100 to 1000 years in the future. It could even be on another planet.

It depends on where you are in your individual spiritual development and what environment will best help you achieve your next lessons. The whole system is set up for spiritual growth and that is the bottom line. Evolution is not just a physical phenomenon. To evolve and learn is the very basic drive at the core of our being.

Evolution will pick the most efficient means to achieve it's goal. So, if you will more easily evolve in the year 1530 in your next life, then guess what timeline you will choose to come back into...

I find it odd that people think that it MUST be a linear system. Just because that is your general everyday experience. The reason for that is mental continuity. If we perceived time as it truly is in our daily lives it would create a huge mess. Even Einstein said time is not what we think it is back in the 1940s. How quickly people forget.

Quantum Mechanics is proving that not only is time not what we think, but also separation is an illusion as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Bodhi7

So by your thoughts on this, we could have essentially lived in the future already?

Some of us, or all of us, could have already experienced what it is like in the year 4815?

Do you think people can be reincarnated into different cultures also?
edit on 8/9/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Certainly.

Yes we 'could' have already had a 'future' life. And our next life could be in the 'past'.

The next answer is ABSOLUTELY! We 100% for certain have lives in different cultures, religions, coutries and regions. Even different planets. That is the entire purpose of the system in general.

Think of it this way. What would you learn more from...staying in a rural town or traveling the world? This is essentially the argument here. Our differences are truly a goldmine of spiritual evolution possibilities.

So, if you for example, feel hate toward a certain minority group in this life....it's entirely possible to have your next life be within that very group. This is not a punishment for hate or anything like that...it is to aid in your spiritual understanding that hate is not an evolved way of being. The purpose would be to learn from the experience and become more balanced as a result. The following lives you have would likely be without hatred or prejudice toward ANY culture or religion.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: details details ...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I have to admit that my mind was blown when he told him he was and will be every person that ever lived. This is both disturbing and inspiring on many levels.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I love that story by Andy Weir. I’ve read it before and it still makes tear up.

“I think the moral of that specific story is less about actual reincarnation or god and more about considering others, that every action you take can harm another.”

You’re right, the story is about empathy. The subject matter of the story is the vehicle for the author’s statement.

But about reincarnation, the topic fascinates me. I don’t know if I can really say more than what you’ve already speculated. What if? That’s good what if. S + F

edit on 9-8-2012 by kisharninmah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join