It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen Up Sheriff Joe Arpaio accusers of Racial Profiling - it went to court 8 days ago.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A deputy sheriff accused of racial profiling took the stand and stated ïf a car looks suspecious - like the vehicle looks overloaded, going well below the speed limit. and he shed some light on the vehicles in Arizona.... you cant really racial profile anyone - as most cars have window tinting and you cant identify a race to profile.
so much for the racial profiling claims..... what else are you pissed about because - tinted windows just sunk the racial profiling .... oh yea, he is white loud mouth ... yea lets bbq him for enforcing the law.... oh, and his deputies do the traffic stops - and they can be fired.... so do you really think they want to get fired - to evict an illegal... get some new material.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So are you saying he claims eveyone in Arizona has tinted windows so cops can not see in any car in the entire state? That would be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard anyone claim so I am sure that was not it. Maybe tinted windows also is what keeps Arpaio from going after child molesters?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
So are you saying he claims eveyone in Arizona has tinted windows so cops can not see in any car in the entire state? That would be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard anyone claim so I am sure that was not it. Maybe tinted windows also is what keeps Arpaio from going after child molesters?

Just the illegals have tinted windows.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

What is hilarious about your post is that ALL police use racial profiling. And you think these guys don't? You have to realize that is laughable.

CJ

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So if a person can't speak English then that person is detained. That is racial profiling. There are many people that grow up in Latino communities that never learn to speak English. I wonder how Nazi Joe will look in his pink jumpsuit.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by MrSpad

Just the illegals have tinted windows.

And low riders also.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Unfortunately Arpaio faces no personal repercussions from this case (other than having his approval rating drop even further). If the plaintiffs win the MCSO will be forced to clearly define racial profiling for their officers. They will also be required to have a court appointed monitor that ensures no racial profiling goes on. Of course we can still look forward to the DOJ's lawsuit regarding racial profiling and then there's the case against Arpaio's abuse of power. I'm really excited about the latter case considering that a number of the people that helped Arpaio abuse his power have already been nailed to the wall.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

U.S. District Judge Murray Snow will decide the case against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his department. Snow didn’t reveal when he would issue his verdict, though it won’t come until after an Aug. 16 deadline for attorneys to turn in their last round of written closing arguments.

The lawsuit marks the first case in which the sheriff’s office has been accused of systematically racially profiling Latinos and will serve as a precursor for a similar yet broader civil rights lawsuit filed against Arpaio in May by the U.S. Department of Justice.

There has never been a finding by a court that Arpaio’s office has racially profiled Latinos, though a case that made such an allegation was settled last year for $200,000 without an admission of wrongdoing by the sheriff’s office, county officials said.

lubbockonline.com...

The plaintiffs aren’t seeking money damages and instead are seeking a declaration that Arpaio’s office racially profiles and an order that requires it to make policy changes.

If Arpaio loses the civil case, he won’t face jail time or fines. If he wins, it could undercut the upcoming federal case.

If the judge rules against Arpaio’s office, both sides would give the judge input before Snow would impose remedies.

Legal experts say those who filed the case against Arpaio have a high bar to clear to convince a judge that there was systematic discrimination in the agency.

They said it’s not enough for plaintiffs’ lawyers to show that a person or a group of people were discriminated against by sheriff’s deputies. To prove systematic racial profiling, lawyers must present multiple layers of supporting evidence, such as testimony and statistics.

I guess time will tell. The verdict has yet been decided.

Being as Sheriff Joe is an elected official, if the citizens are greatly concerned about him, all they have to do is vote him out. But being as he's been re-elected 5 times, I suppose he's doing something right, even if some consider it wrong. We'll have to see this fall if he's re-elected for a 6th term.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So if a person can't speak English then that person is detained. That is racial profiling.

I don't believe that was said in the video.

Since human trafficking is the second biggest crime in the states, I think that the effort he's putting forth to stop it is commendable. People being trafficked will not ask for help, especially if their pimps are in the same car, so it's much harder for a police officer to figure out if they are indeed being trafficked.

I think the racial profiling excuse is lame.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

Ah yes, that is logical...toss the 4th amendment in lieu of ______________(insert whatever crime you feel fits)...how many "human traffic-ers has this policy stopped so far, not that it even has relevance. Perhaps these folks often time smoke weed - stop em. They may have guns - stop em. They might have robbed someone - stop em - they might be holding illegal perscriptions - stop em - they might be hub cap theives - stop em - they might be part of the "Tide detergent stealing gang" - stop em, etc etc etc etc ec.....

Yes, ALL cars should be searched for human traffic victims. That makes total sense.

CJ
edit on 7-8-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

And by your logic I guess we should just open up our borders and let everyone come in to our nation. Hey, lets just throw all the laws out and get rid of all the LEO's and this nation will be a better place for all.

Let's just take the law in our own hands...yeah. You think someone is a rapist, hell, who needs courts lets just find the nearest tree and hang em high. Some man is beating his wife...eh, she probably deserved it, right? You think your next door neighbor is a pedophile cause he always waves at the little kiddies as they get off the bus...well shucks, lets just castrate that bastard and make the neighborhood safe.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people down law enforcement for trying to do a difficult job. No matter what a leo does it will never be right.
edit on 8/8/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Ah, what? How does applying the 4th amendment mean "open up our borders"? How does applying the law mean "throwing out the law'? By my logic, you should not be stopped unless there is probable cause. Having tinted windows is not. By your logic, the 4th amendment doesn't exist for anyone of Hispanic heritage who happens to live in Mericopa County.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people down law enforcement for trying to do a difficult job. No matter what a leo does it will never be right.

By not enforcing the constitution, the cops are breaking the law - I guess to you this means "no matter what a leo does it will never be right" - spot on! It WILL NEVER be right to take away my rights!

CJ
edit on 8-8-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

We had a contract called the Constitution - I think they broke it on 911 and then let it be known that its a huge lie. so they would be in default. them being in default allows them to continue to be in default until we the people bring them to justice. and since we have not held them accountable in violation of the law. they continue (I am not a lawyer - just my understanding of the way the system works.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So if a person can't speak English then that person is detained. That is racial profiling.

No, no it does not.
That is about the dumbest thing I think anyone has ever said.

Language, has nothing to do with Race, and Race has nothing to do with Language.

Having been a LEO in AZ, I will tell you that about 99% of the vehicles registered in AZ have tinted windows.
I never pulled over a vehicle due to what the driver looked like, as most of the time all I could determine is if they were male or female and how many people where in there.

I had never heard of an officer detaining someone because they did not speak English.

I have yet to see where a person has stated that they were innocent of a crime, but was first discovered only due to racial profiling, only to be convicted of a crime.

While working with the Sheriff's department and neighboring agencies on numerous times, the only thing that is well know in the LE World was that Arpaio's task force is a very rude and rough bunch.

People like La Raza and others need to stop being so butt hurt over people of their same color and such being arrested and pushed for deportation if they are here illegally.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

By not enforcing the constitution, the cops are breaking the law - I guess to you this means "no matter what a leo does it will never be right" - spot on! It WILL NEVER be right to take away my rights!

I would never step on anyones rights and I would never step on our sacred constitution. I have my own copy of the constitution and I took an oath to defend it.
Reading your post made me feel that you were just a cop basher and that leo's, as a whole, are power hungry dictators that get off on abusing the privileges that have been granted them. If that was not the case then I apologize to you in public.

I believe that leo's should be held to a higher standard because of the enormous powers that have been granted them, by law, and if it is found that any leo has broken his solemn oath then he should be held accountable and should be charged and sentenced with the highest penalty allowed by law.

An example would be the Delta Blues sting that happened in my neck of the woods. Several officers that I personally considered as friends were involved in aiding and abetting drug smugglers through the Helena-West Helena, Arkansas area. I had no idea that they were doing this and it both hurt and inflamed me that they, as leo's, could break the same laws that I and other leo's have been arresting criminals for years. Any leo that breaks the law is a criminal themselves.

As for Maricopa County, it is difficult, if not impossible, to contain the influx of illegal aliens into our country and I feel that no matter what those officers do it will never be deemed right in the eyes of those that want to open our borders to illegals and give them free assistance from our, mine and yours, hard earned income.

Once again, if I misread you, I apologize.

From a member of Oath Keepers, peace

new topics

top topics

join