It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO YOU know what hate sounds like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by dayve
Im starting to hate gay people more and more for this reason....

Yea right, like you needed a letter to solidify your disgust. And comparing Gays to rapists? That's low.

Here's the truth-Love really is conditional, people who proclaim to love you only do so on certain conditions though they won't speak that openly. Apparently being gay was one of the dealbreakers here. Choose your own family who loves and supports you if this is the case.

I dont need a letter, all i need is to turn on the tv or go talk to a few gay people. I have gay friends, even married ones, and personally, i get sick of hearing about their gayness. I dont hate gay people, i just hate the gay culture...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

There are no hard and fast rules associated with parenting except for one.

To love your child unconditionally.

As a parent, it was your responsibility to bring into this world a new life. How that individual grows is determined by genetics and how he/she is raised.

Some things you (as a parent) have control, responsibility for.

Other character aspects, you don't.

But to deny your child love and support is a sin.
edit on 7-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was a real-life, born-again, pure unadulterated racist and bigot when I was young. It was the way that I was raised. My father was racist and bigoted as was his father and he made sure that he raised my sister and myself in that self same hateful lifestyle.

I was born in 1956 so it also didn't help when President Johnson integrated the school system. When I got bussed across town to the "other" school I fought every day. Then I entered high school and I began to realize that something was skewed with the way I was thinking and feeling. I found that those "dark-skinned people" that I hated so much were just people like me. I then found out that one of my best friends for ages was gay and he never tried to push his lifestyle onto me so hey, that was ok also.

Then I started wearing my hair up in an afro, if you didn't know by now I'm white
, and I even bought one of those black hair picks with the fist on the end and I wore it in my hair.

God, my dad hated me. I got kicked out of the house at 17 years old and started to make my own way in life. But several years later, 3 months before my dad died, he called me up and asked me to pick him up. I did and we rode around for a couple of hours (gas was only about .40 cents a gallon) and my dad finally apologized for what he did and he also gave me his weapons, he was a police officer (chief retired) as he was too sick to use them anymore or hunt.

In the end my dad and I became best friends. I understood his feelings and he understood mine and we agreed to disagree. I am thankful every day that we were able to become so close before he died and I am grateful that I was able to grow as a person and realize that a persons race, creed, religion or sexuality does not make them a hated thing. People are people no matter what and I try, sometimes I fail, to love everyone, even those "gasp" Christians.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

As opposed to straight guys/girls that don't CONSTANTLY talk about the people they slept with or really want to, right? Oh wait...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by dayve

As opposed to straight guys/girls that don't CONSTANTLY talk about the people they slept with or really want to, right? Oh wait...

Well yea... Its the same with KKK/white supremacists, i dont want to hear about their anti-whatever bs.... It's not just gay people i dont want to hear about, they just make it harder to ignore, and when its harder to ignore, its harder to tolerate. And for the record i dont give a ratsass about who ANYBODY sleeps with straight or gay... But if my friend wants to tell me about this hot girl he slept with, im all ears...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

But if my friend wants to tell me about this hot girl he slept with, im all ears...

double standards?

sometimes it is best just to walk away when people dribble from their chin

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
I would be very surprised if this is a genuine letter.
Reeks of a fake.

Less convincing than the majority of UFO vids on this site

GAY TEENS MORE LIKELY TO BE HOMELESS

One in four GLBT high school students in Massachusetts are classified as homeless, according to a new study from the Children’s Hospital Boston, published in the American Journal of Public Health last week.

Students who identified as GLBT accounted for only five percent of all respondents, but nineteen percent of homelessness. That’s a full 25% of the GLBT-identified sample, and a hugely disproportionate number compared to straight teens. Heartbreakingly, these teens are either found on the streets, or switching between friends’ houses—without any regular place to sleep and call home.

This isn’t an outlier study, either. The results closely match those conducted elsewhere, repeatedly showing a higher incidence of youth who are kicked out of their homes—or who run away from home—in the GLBT community than other groups.

www.slapupsidethehead.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Cyndi Lauper opens housing for homeless GLBT youth

The True Colors Residence for homeless GLBT youth opens in Harlem on September 1. The idea behind the 30-bed facility was conceived by Cyndi Lauper, her manager and a non-profit that provides housing and support for homeless families and seniors. It will be the first permanent housing facility in New York for homeless GLBT youth. "In New York City, a very disproportionate number (up to 40 percent) of homeless youth identify as L.G.B.T.," Lauper said in a letter urging donors to support the project. "Even more disturbing are reports that these young people often face discrimination and at times physical assault in some of the very places they have to for help. This is shocking and inexcusable!"

www.proudparenting.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hate is just another word that defines your inability to accept others that are different than you. Call it bigotry, misogyny, whatever, but it boils down to a worldview that is narrow and shortsighted.

Hate is the cause of all the world's social problems. So sad.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
I would be very surprised if this is a genuine letter.
Reeks of a fake.

Less convincing than the majority of UFO vids on this site

Really? I have a similar letter from my Mother, who disowned me for good in 1987. I would never post it on an open forum, Mom being Dead and all, but Religious based hate is something many of us has had to deal with most of our lives. My crime was who my Father was, and the fact I went against her plans to make me into a little Jesus worshiping Christian preacher, and rather clung to a much older religious belief practiced by my Grandmother and Great Grandmother. The book religions teach hate for Gays, and others, and the Real Christ Followers do not.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

A Star for you, dear one, you sound just like my wife. She too got pregnant at 16, and was kicked out by her Mom, and had to live with her Grandparents. Then the baby's Dad began to drink all of their money up, and she left him for me. But I see it too, if it is not biblical, or at least covered in Church, it is automatically a sin, and you are then damned for it, even by secular people.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
*snip*

Hey! Those who are looking for hate. Right here looks like some.
Is that your set in stone belief, or just your opinion? My son and daughter did a great many things I disproved of, But They Are My Children! I could never, ever hate them. No different, you say? Making a comparison like that made me sick, I'm afraid.

Mod Edit:Removed quote of actioned post
edit on 8-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hates sounds like anything a girl would say.

There was a day not too long ago when girls received guys in love, and let guys love them.

In this day, girls do not have any proirity in love - they do not care about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join