It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO YOU know what hate sounds like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

A sickening and heartbreaking letter from a father telling his gay son, James, their relationship is over has surfaced online.

link to source

In the world we live, at this time there are some pretty sad stories. Stories of killing, stories of war and revenge. People dying everday innocently.

Then there is this story. A story of a father who dumped his gay son. A story that questions the humanity of people. In this day where there clearly is no tolerance of peoples beliefs. The world is going downhill, the more people get the more they want, greedy little humans. It shows that black hearts have no boundries and humans are really capable of doing anything.

Disgusting
edit on 7-8-2012 by magma because: format

edit on 7-8-2012 by magma because: space after full stop

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would be very surprised if this is a genuine letter.
Reeks of a fake.

Less convincing than the majority of UFO vids on this site

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So Fred Phelps has a Gay Son?

edit on 7-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
I would be very surprised if this is a genuine letter.
Reeks of a fake.

Less convincing than the majority of UFO vids on this site

Ho, pierre. You may be entirely correct, and I know the MU crew hasn't spoke well of news.com.au some times in the past - but such a letter definitely wouldn't surprise me as an actual possibility.

And, in that happenstance - "farewell dad, I love you, but I suppose it's better off this way for both of us, in that case." Sad situations of the like surely occur, and I hope those on the more-painful end don't suffer too much for it, whether or not I agree with some of the factors myself.

Take care, friend.

EDIT:
Ok, reading the rest of the article, maybe that's not what the son says. But it's what I'd HOPE he'd say...

Eh, whatever...
edit on 8/7/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As a teenager, I made some not-so-great choices. I did get pregnant at age 16 and had my beautiful daughter at 17. Despite the very big changes it brought in my life, I was always very thankful to have the support of my loving family.
When my daughter was born, I would take her to the county health office for her checkups. I was surprised and horrified at how many girls my age took the responsibility for the life they helped create and carry, and who were kicked OUT OF THEIR house by their parents. The youngest I met was a 14 year old. Her mother AND father physically threw her out of the house when she confessed she was pregnant.
So yes, I have seen hate in all its many forms.
These days, girls who choose to keep their unborn are often subjected to hate from parents, classmates, and anyone who cares to judge. Where are the clamoring masses for these girls?
Just wanted to put it in perspective, since apparently it has become the "in thing" to call anyone a hater that does not embrace the gay lifestyle with open loving arms. Just kind of sick of that term right now.
The letter does sound a bit contrived, but if it is true, I feel much compassion for the guy. It truly was awful what his father did, and I guess at some point in his life he may come to regret having cut his son off.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yep, because this will change his son for sure

Way to go dad for showing love to your son. No matter what they do that goes against your beliefs they are still your kid.

Raist

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

OP why the title of "know what hate sounds like"

There was no hate in the letter from the dad. I am sure he was heart broken by the lifestyle decision his son made..
Why do you have to claim hate????? Anything you don't agree with you scream bigot and hate. Only people who lean as you do, think everything is about hatred.

I know you don't care about other peoples opinions, but I do not ban my son from my house or cut off a relationship with him, but I would never allow his gay lover into my house to spend the night together. I would allow them to visit, and I would visit them. My son is gay, and I still love him as I always have and always will. I just won't tolerate the "degraded, perverted lifestyle in my house. That sir is not hate. Just disgust!
edit on 7-8-2012 by dakota1s2 because: mispelled word

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

Uh, wow.

You can't just state that what you're doing is not hate, when it clearly is.

Calling your own childs actions degraded and perverted because of how he was born is sickening, and i feel sorry for him. You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind when hearing this story was "The last song" by Elton John and the video produced for it.

The beauty, grace, and redemption of a father and son coming to terms and connecting again at the ultimate moment as expressed in this vid is something that has stuck with me. I just love the message here. Nothing else, just a Father accepting his Son, and a Son getting what he so desperately needs from his father.

reply to post by magma

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was always told whoever you hate ends up in your family. Hate gays? Your son will lean that way. Racist? Your daughter will give you mixed grandkids. I've honestly seen it end in mixed results. I'm happy to say I've seen more people become tolerant of what they once hated than those like this father in the story...Can't expect that in every case. The son is most likely better off cutting ties with someone who makes him feel wrong in his own skin.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My boyfriend has 2 gay sons. His only children. He yelled at two guys in line at a quick mart who were kissing today to "go get a hotel room, faggots."

They were holding up the line with their public display, and did my guy have a right to yell at them?

Yep, I'd have been yelling the same sort of thing to a hetero couple holding up a line, too!

My guy loves his sons, without question, but I gotta agree with him on public displays of affection like that. Normal people do not make out in line waiting on the register!
edit on 7-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't think the letter is real to be honest. Either way, if this is the way the father feels, who are we to judge? Because he judged his son? Believe it or not, we have free will. Free will to associate with whomever we want, for whatever reasons we deem reasonable.

This is between the father and son. Not any news site, not you, not me but just the father and son.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Im starting to hate gay people more and more for this reason....

Yea right, like you needed a letter to solidify your disgust. And comparing Gays to rapists? That's low.

Here's the truth-Love really is conditional, people who proclaim to love you only do so on certain conditions though they won't speak that openly. Apparently being gay was one of the dealbreakers here. Choose your own family who loves and supports you if this is the case.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

I just won't tolerate the "degraded, perverted lifestyle in my house. That sir is not hate. Just disgust!

Whatever you wish to label it. Clearly it is not love. Clearly it is judgmental.

Clearly it is the opposite of love.

So the word hate fits.

I hope you improve your relationship with your son. At least you have a chance

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Some people think they own their children. I say let em rot. When you are old, and dying and calling out for them perhaps they will be kind enough to answer. I'd totally understand if they left his ass to rot though.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Using the word "faggot" completely changes the situation. Did he have a right to be mad about people holding up the line, and even to say something? Yes. Did he have the right to publicly use a very offensive word to them? Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
To those who doubt the validity of this letter, may I ask why?

And even if it is not a real letter do you doubt the situation as expressed in the letter is not played out every day in families all over the world?

Real letter or not, this is what hate looks like in my view.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Hate is ok around here if it's gays. I learned that a long time ago. I'm not gay myself, have never swung that way, but if my son turned out to be I'd love him either way. My love isn't conditional upon him being a carbon copy of me. I hope he is different, better and smarter. If he's gay well so be it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by crawdad1914

Hate is ok around here if it's gays. I learned that a long time ago. I'm not gay myself, have never swung that way, but if my son turned out to be I'd love him either way. My love isn't conditional upon him being a carbon copy of me. I hope he is different, better and smarter. If he's gay well so be it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join