God Particle, Cohesion, and the Foolish Athiest

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hal Lindsey has outdone himself in this video. Lindsey covers many of the topics covered in my signature link below. An especially good read in relation to this video is the article on existence. Enjoy!





posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 


Despite your quite derogatory title, I decided to give the vid a shot, I am 5 mins in and I have to say that those bible qoutes somehow apply to my understanding and views of the implications of quantum physics.

The way I see it the bible has a lot of truth to it, only god to me, is the all encompassing one consciousness outside of which nothing exists, and which we are just part of, consciousness experiencing itself.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 


I am not a fan of Hal Lindsey (his incorrect doctrine and wrong end time teachings), but I did find this one interesting. Thanks for the post.

reply to post by DjangoPhat
 


Most atheists think they are wise and therefore are foolish.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Foolish christians….. no brains Lindsey fails again.

The truth? Try again, you aren’t even close.... I had to stop at the first ‘bible bashing quote’ it gets sooooo tiresome hearing the babbling of ancient man portrayed as some divine words from some ‘all powerful entity’


It’s ok…… continue to believe in fairy tale stories and worship the ancient aliens that you believe are ‘gods’ I'm sure it helps those that ‘need’ to be told what to do, how to behave, what to eat & who to kill etc etc from men that lived around 2000 years ago


Mickierocksman



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 





Most atheists think they are wise and therefore are foolish.


Since you are one of the chosen ones, and I am just a goyim, I´ll leave it at that.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjangoPhat
reply to post by truejew
 





Most atheists think they are wise and therefore are foolish.


Since you are one of the chosen ones, and I am just a goyim, I´ll leave it at that.


Gentiles can be saved by grace through faith too. Salvation is for all whom accept.
edit on 7-8-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 


I don´t need no saving, I´m every bit as divine as this entity you perceive to be your god.
edit on 7-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjangoPhat
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 


Despite your quite derogatory title, I decided to give the vid a shot, I am 5 mins in and I have to say that those bible qoutes somehow apply to my understanding and views of the implications of quantum physics.

The way I see it the bible has a lot of truth to it, only god to me, is the all encompassing one consciousness outside of which nothing exists, and which we are just part of, consciousness experiencing itself.



There is a frightening implication in this as well. If we are he, and he is us, then we have no ownership in what has been give to us. It's his alone. This gives him the right to dispose of parts of himself that do not abide in his perfect law. This is a startling realization when we understand that God is all about following his own set laws. Love is expected as the path to fulfilling the law. Luckily, mercy and grace are also aspects of His love for us.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 


I am not a fan of Hal Lindsey (his incorrect doctrine and wrong end time teachings), but I did find this one interesting. Thanks for the post.

reply to post by DjangoPhat
 


Most atheists think they are wise and therefore are foolish.


Lindsey does a good job of pointing out the fallacy in rational thinking that leaves out the most rational implication of what is observed in the Bible. It's amazing that anyone has the faith to deny belief in what is most evident.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Foolish christians….. no brains Lindsey fails again.

The truth? Try again, you aren’t even close.... I had to stop at the first ‘bible bashing quote’ it gets sooooo tiresome hearing the babbling of ancient man portrayed as some divine words from some ‘all powerful entity’


It’s ok…… continue to believe in fairy tale stories and worship the ancient aliens that you believe are ‘gods’ I'm sure it helps those that ‘need’ to be told what to do, how to behave, what to eat & who to kill etc etc from men that lived around 2000 years ago


Mickierocksman


I'm interested in your rational thoughts. You say we are not even close. Care to read my article linked in the signature on existence? Give me your higher truth as a comparison. Incredulity is saying nothing. If you have something to add that is of a higher rational implied and evident truth, the share it.

edit on 7-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 





There is a frightening implication in this as well. If we are he, and he is us, then we have no ownership in what has been give to us. It's his alone. This gives him the right to dispose of parts of himself that do not abide in his perfect law. This is a startling realization when we understand that God is all about following his own set laws. Love is expected as the path to fulfilling the law. Luckily, mercy and grace are also aspects of His love for us.


To me there is merely existence, in different layers. Perfect is not flawless, it is completeness, capturing all and everything.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This thread has nothing to do with science. It is a thread for ignoramuses who don't know how to spell 'atheist'.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's painful to watch these shows where a preacher tells you what to believe in the material world, and still the basics of the religion aren't established with an audience. Better to rewrite everything than to continually criticize a worldly system run by worldly doctrines.

Quantum physics is a system built on brand names of scientists, mutations of the Greek alphabet, and math, like most science is. It is fiercely protected and harder to understand than hacking an encrypted government computer that isn't connected to any internet; it is designed to make you question reality, just like its makers have. There are enough theoretical physics models to make one of your own; the one that is running now is just the most popular one that is easy to profit from, complicated enough to need to be taught one hour at a time over the course of several years in graduate school. If it were simple these guys would not look intelligent enough to get on TV.

One of these days, some Christian will wake up and start re-naming everything, using Bible terms to explain things the way they want to see it, and end the perpetual childish arguments about whose bowl has more cereal in it.

Quantum physics will still behave the same after you re-name it, right? Or does the application of force in naming something change it's spin somehow on a bigger, or smaller, picture? Will unsolved equations have solutions then? That is for another navel diddle.

While you're at it, you can rename every element in the periodic table. Inspire the Catholics to name each one after a patron saint. The noble gases can be named after popes, or the angels even. Some culture (pagans) had a pile of calendar and holy days and another culture (Catholic) came in, renamed everything, fostered the culture, and then killed off the dissidents. Is that not what some modern Christians are trying to do with science jargon and atheist sarcasm? Is it cheaper or easier to rip off an idea, rebrand it and call it yours, than it is to create something original?

It doesn't matter what they call it... or does it? Aha, see what I did there, physics pun.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax
 


Hey, buddy, how have you been?

Good to see you.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjangoPhat
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 





There is a frightening implication in this as well. If we are he, and he is us, then we have no ownership in what has been give to us. It's his alone. This gives him the right to dispose of parts of himself that do not abide in his perfect law. This is a startling realization when we understand that God is all about following his own set laws. Love is expected as the path to fulfilling the law. Luckily, mercy and grace are also aspects of His love for us.


To me there is merely existence, in different layers. Perfect is not flawless, it is completeness, capturing all and everything.


I should restate that as well. In Him, there is no defect. I was simply following the line of thinking. The Bible states that he allowed the error for our benefit.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
This thread has nothing to do with science. It is a thread for ignoramuses who don't know how to spell 'atheist'.


Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even catch it. As for the science, please read the article in my signature on existence and show a higher context to truth. You spell-check well. Do you know your physics?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The inclusion of texts in the canon is still a matter of some controversy between the Christian churches.
The resolving of contradictions between preserved early texts and what constitutes the true text, are still continuing matters of controversy amongst Biblical scholars.
Identifying "The actual words which make up the Bible" requires considerable interpretation.
They are not a "fact" in the sense you seem to adhering to.

How then can you claim the Bible as fact, when it contains much more
complex textual content, which itself has been translated across
many languages...not to mention blatantly changed for
political ends.

FACT is something observable, where the observer's opinion is not involved.



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Foolish christians….. no brains Lindsey fails again.

The truth? Try again, you aren’t even close.... I had to stop at the first ‘bible bashing quote’ it gets sooooo tiresome hearing the babbling of ancient man portrayed as some divine words from some ‘all powerful entity’


It’s ok…… continue to believe in fairy tale stories and worship the ancient aliens that you believe are ‘gods’ I'm sure it helps those that ‘need’ to be told what to do, how to behave, what to eat & who to kill etc etc from men that lived around 2000 years ago


Mickierocksman


I'm interested in your rational thoughts. You say we are not even close. Care to read my article linked in the signature on existence? Give me your higher truth as a comparison. Incredulity is saying nothing. If you have something to add that is of a higher rational implied and evident truth, the share it.

edit on 7-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)



I did, the only thing i read that was mildly interesting that didnt just quote bible verses without evidence and interpretation was this:



Tribulation May have Begun on January 1, 2012 - Calculations Provided


Sadly no calculations where provided this day
edit on 13-8-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-8-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
0

log in

join