It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran asks for UN help in freeing hostages in Syria, Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

UNITED NATIONS, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Iran's foreign minister on Tuesday asked U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon for his help in efforts to free dozens of Iranian pilgrims and aid workers captured recently in Syria and Libya.

"I would like to seek the cooperation and the good offices of Your Excellency for securing the release of these hostages," Ali Akbar Salehi wrote to Ban in a letter that Iran's U.N. mission provided to Reuters.

"The kind cooperation of the relevant United Nations offices in responding to this request of (Iran's) Government and the families of the hostages will be highly appreciated," Salehi said.

in.reuters.com...

I think they should be held for 444 days.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

UNITED NATIONS, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Iran's foreign minister on Tuesday asked U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon for his help in efforts to free dozens of Iranian pilgrims and aid workers captured recently in Syria and Libya.

"I would like to seek the cooperation and the good offices of Your Excellency for securing the release of these hostages," Ali Akbar Salehi wrote to Ban in a letter that Iran's U.N. mission provided to Reuters.

"The kind cooperation of the relevant United Nations offices in responding to this request of (Iran's) Government and the families of the hostages will be highly appreciated," Salehi said.

in.reuters.com...

I think they should be held for 444 days.

Did Americans take these hostages? Besides our sanctions have held Iran hostage for longer than 444 days.

new topics

join