It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

This moment that is happening presently is the truth

You are the dreamer and what you see and experience is all dream.

In that case your logic is flawed and this moment is a lie since I do not know that I am dreaming.
I am the liar that holds the truth
keeping it from myself
edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added quote

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes I hope you see your God - I am sure you will .
reply to post by artistpoet

Thank you for your positive words Art. It is the with the same inspiration I make the claim you will also see God.

" Blessed are the meek. For they shall see God "

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Let's look at the story your book is trying to sell us!

Gods word is not for sale Win. It is given freely because no one should be without it. Why so carnal and negative ? Even in the face of so much that is so positive. I hope for you big time.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Yes I hope you see your God - I am sure you will .
reply to post by artistpoet

Thank you for your positive words Art. It is the with the same inspiration I make the claim you will also see God.

" Blessed are the meek. For they shall see God "

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I take that to mean "spiritually bankrupt" so, even the atheist will inherit the kingdom of heaven, according to the words of Jesus. Even those who don't believe in Jesus will inherit heaven.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

In that case your logic is flawed and this moment is a lie since I do not know that I am dreaming.

Everything that happens in your head is as real as the world you are experiencing...in your head.

Many people dream and are not aware of it, every night. That is why nightmares and more erotic visions are so effective...dreams are as real to us as the apple you pick from a tree, or the car that you drive in.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Let's look at the story your book is trying to sell us!

Gods word is not for sale Win. It is given freely because no one should be without it. Why so carnal and negative ? Even in the face of so much that is so positive. I hope for you big time.

It's the story that is negative. Believing to be born in sin is negative. Believing in a god that allows his enemies, "fallen angels" to rape his creation is negative. Believing in a father god that curses women and gives humanity no mother god is negative. Believing in a God that created hell for some of his creation and heaven for others is negative.

So, Randy, why so negative?

edit on 8-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Speaking of "carnal" didn't God have carnal relations with Mary when he planted his seed in her, (without her consent)?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

True or maybe not lol. My point is reality itself might be something else's dream meaning our thoughts are not our own but part of a collective universal personality. This scenario can be applied times infinity like looking in a mirror with another one behind you.
edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Everything that happens in your head is as real as the world you are experiencing...in your head.

Many people dream and are not aware of it, every night. That is why nightmares and more erotic visions are so effective...dreams are as real to us as the apple you pick from a tree, or the car that you drive in.

Not necessarily. Dreams involve sudden environmental changes, time isn't consistent, the physics are different, the dead can reappear, people can float, etc. etc. People can also realize that they're dreaming and "wake up" in their dreams. You cannot do any of that while awake.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You assume a lot. First you assume a god exists. Second you assume God is love, (when a simple read through of the Old Testament would 'prove' otherwise.)

Substantial claims require substantial evidence. You have none.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

About the quote: I dislike all quotes, especially irrelevant ones thrown around as if they mean something. Rather than hear from a deceased man who couldn't fathom anything outside the world because he's never sean the images of the Hubble telescope, I would prefer to hear what you have to say, someone who hopefully knows that in the cosmos, stars are formed by nebulas. Maybe another time.

Alright my Subversive one. The quote just came to mind so it was rendered as a reply to hopefully interest you further. Just trying to keep you on here for my own deviousness I suppose. ( sarcasm ) I touched on this already but it relates a bit to your moniker so in case you missed it.

Uni-verse One word. God spoke the universe into existence with a positive word formed by positive thought. I will never see anything different than that about creation. Why ? Because it is evidenced by my own positive spiritual nature made in the image of our Heavenly Father. Do you see the significance of the connection here. It is so important to understand that the fact of this phenomena, is evidence, of us being made in his image. Do you see it or not ? Have I explained it well enough whether you believe or not let me know if I'm being clear ? Please ?
edit on 8-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

God spoke the universe into existence

What if that word was "Aachoo"? That would explain the big bang and existence of life, as a sneeze is filled with living biological things that can grow and spread. Maybe we are God's germs.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
reply to post by randyvs

You assume a lot. First you assume a god exists. Second you assume God is love, (when a simple read through of the Old Testament would 'prove' otherwise.)

Substantial claims require substantial evidence. You have none.

So do you.
First you assume He does not exist.
Second you assume He is not love (When a simple read through Psalms, or the Gospels, or Genesis, or Job or simply reading the Bible with a humble heart, would 'prove' otherwise)

Physical truth may be relative to the beholder, but Absolute Truth is only known by the beholden.
It takes substantial humility to become beholden.

No man can bring enough "evidence" to the table for those who only have an appetite to behold.
Thus, it is an effort in futility as it becomes obvious that their insatiable appetite for pointless debate increases exponentially the more you feed it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You write of our negative participation of the beginning of the story and as a fool would you claim the story and myself are negative. At the same time your ignorance of this fact proves you need help to see the positive ending of the story. I have proven my point demonstrably Win and so did you by your post.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by randyvs

God spoke the universe into existence

What if that word was "Aachoo"? That would explain the big bang and existence of life, as a sneeze is filled with living biological things that can grow and spread. Maybe we are God's germs.

I like this very unique perspective, never herd someone suggest this before. Some believe that OM is the sound of creation, the vibration of the universe
source

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Science has recently been able to capture the "sound" or vibration that emanates from each planet in our solar system and beyond. Imagine the symphony or cacophany if one could hear it all together!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You write of our negative participation of the beginning of the story and as a fool would you claim the story and myself are negative. At the same time your ignorance of this fact proves you need help to see the positive ending of the story. I have proven my point demonstrably Win and so did you by your post.

"We" were not present in the beginning and had no participation or input in our own demise or even our own redemption, according to your religious beliefs. I'm glad for you that your story has a happy ending in your mind, but in mine, your story's happy ending is quintessential foolishness.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Science has recently been able to capture the "sound" or vibration that emanates from each planet in our solar system and beyond. Imagine the symphony or cacophany if one could hear it all together!

Bouncy flouncy and pouncy come to mind reading your posts that go from negative to positive.

What if that word was "Aachoo"?

Speculative.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Second you assume He is not love (When a simple read through Psalms, or the Gospels, or Genesis, or Job or simply reading the Bible with a humble heart, would 'prove' otherwise)

Do you think if Job knew the truth, that God was using him win a bet with Satan and to bolster his insatiable appetite for blind faith and worship, and that love had nothing to do with Job's trials, Job would have denied God?

Job didn't know what was going on, but we are privy to it now and can judge this God for his actions. I say "To hell with him!"

Please show where, in the Old Testament, it says that God is love!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

No, I have the default position. Nobody was born believing in a god. That is a learned trait. There is no evidence that gives any credence for a god. Anything you assume or say is opinion and not fact. David Cross put it simply:

“The Bible was written, and then rewritten, and then edited, and then re-edited, and then translated from dead languages, then re-re-translated, then re-edited, then re-re-re-edited, and then re-translated, then given to kings for them to take their favorite parts out, then re-edited, then re-translated, and then re-edited, then given to the pope for him to approve, then re-re-translated, then then re-re-written, then re-written, re-edited, re-translated, re-edited again, all based on stories that were told orally thirty to ninety years after they happened to people who didn’t know how to write. So I guess what I’m saying is the bible is literally the world’s oldest game of telephone.” -David Cross

The Bible is a book written by man, nothing more. It has just as much historical accuracy as the Quran, The Bhagavad Gita, Homer's Odyssey and Harry Potter. Using any of those books to prove the existence of any of their characters is like proving Aliens exist using a photoshop picture.

And I love how theists like to claim humility, by claiming they have the one truth. That isn't humble, that is being full of yourself. There is mountains of evidence to support evolution, and not one shred of evidence to suggest any divine entity did anything to aide it.

And as a kicker, your signature is by an atheist, and you're using it wrong.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join