It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Regarding faith - Blind faith is folly for it knows not
However faith based on experience and insight is built on firm ground.

Here here! )I second that statement)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

So you have faith Jesus walked on water and died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later because you experienced it? You must be ancient if that's the case.

As for insight:

in·sight (nst)
n.
1. The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation; penetration.
2. The act or outcome of grasping the inward or hidden nature of things or of perceiving in an intuitive manner.

You are not discerning the true nature of the bible, you are reading it literally.

You are not grasping an inward or hidden meaning in the bible, you are reading it literally.
edit on 10-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Attention please

There is a thread pinned to the top of of the list of forum threads here which I strongly advocate the participants read prior to further posting.

If anyone needs further explanation, don't ask here in this thread where it would be off-topic, but rather via PM to a staff member or via the complaint/suggestion function available from the Tools dropdown menu.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Regarding faith - Blind faith is folly for it knows not However faith based on experience and insight is built on firm ground.

Perfect.
I mean, well said I guess.
edit on 10-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not a spirit the Bible I think it's White Throne judgement.

How do you get individually from together ?
The first person nature of your sentences, for example, the "I" in "I am going to see God" which is the title of your thread.
edit on 10-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Ah, I see, very good. I hadn't really thought of it that way, but you're right.

I do feel we will altogether bow because our knees will give out. This may just be my impression. But I think this to include Satan himself. I think the verse is clear but I'm interested in what you are getting at.

What's your view ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Satan doesn't exist except as a dissociative personality connected to the dark part of the human nature.

We don't like taking responsibility for any dark impulses within us, nor being connected to them, so we separate ourselves from it and pretend that we're the helpless victims of an outside power.

We're very good at taking the "help me, I can't do anything!" role.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That was a great explanation of what I believe 'Satan' is. Thanks for that, I had a hard time putting it into words.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

Satan doesn't exist except as a dissociative personality connected to the dark part of the human nature.

We don't like taking responsibility for any dark impulses within us, nor being connected to them, so we separate ourselves from it and pretend that we're the helpless victims of an outside power.

We're very good at taking the "help me, I can't do anything!" role.

What proof do you have that Satan doesn't exist ? Why should I discount the authority of the Bible for what you have to say in all of your under thirty some odd years I assume ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you missed it, go back and review please.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

For starters he is referred to by every human language.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In my opinion, Satan is the word used to identify the dark part of our psyche, the part that can do evil. Lord is the word used to identify the light part of our psyche, the part that can do good.

Everyone who has ever lived has had this yin yang aspect to their psyche, so of course they are going to be mentioned in every language, it's a natural part of life. Some choose to embrace the light side, others choose to embrace the dark side.

What religion has done is separate these two aspects and given them their own personas in order to make us think that there is something controlling us. If they can make us believe some outside force can control us, that leaves the window open for them to control us. It's all about control and money.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What religion has done is separate these two aspects and given them their own personas in order to make us think that there is something controlling us. If they can make us believe some outside force can control us, that leaves the window open for them to control us. It's all about control and money

See this is where you are wrong. This thread isn't about religion.
At least it didn't start out that way.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Because Jesus Christ died not for my sin, but for me, a sinner.
And the thought of seeing him, disintegrates all fear of death.

Well I'll say this, Randyvs...........................you won't be disappointed

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you have faith Jesus walked on water and died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later because you experienced it? You must be ancient if that's the case.

As for insight:

in·sight (nst)
n.
2. The act or outcome of grasping the inward or hidden nature of things or of perceiving in an intuitive manner.

You are not discerning the true nature of the bible, you are reading it literally.

You are not grasping an inward or hidden meaning in the bible, you are reading it literally.

You don't know what I am grasping or not, what I am taking literally or not, your post is just an assumption, nothing more. I don't know if Jesus walked on water, especially when one of his disciples is purported to have done the same, for a bit. I therefore think that that particular story is an allegory, but I do think he "walked" on another type of water, but that's in a domain of knowledge and understanding that you know nothing about, as of yet. Neither do I think he completely died on the cross but that he was obediant unto death and to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

I do think that this is true

The Humbled and Exalted Christ

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

~ Philippians 2:5-11
(Italics as it is written here)
www.biblegateway.com...

but I'm prepared to back it up with well researched "insight" where insight might be defined, yes, as:

in·sight (nst)
n.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Sorry for assuming, I would have to agree with this, except for the part where we should kneel before Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join