It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I am no longer Christian, though I was raised to believe and did believe for the majority of my life.

I assume most Christians do not believe in reincarnation because of the whole heaven thing.
edit on 9-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am no longer Christian, though I was raised to believe and did believe for the majority of my life.

Yes I was born a Christian - Church of England but my folks never pushed it in fact they nevr went to Church and hold their own beliefs.
It was forced on them by default and so it goes generation to generation
I am not anti Christian by any means and have Christian friends

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I have Christian friends as well. Thing is, we never discuss religion. It's amazing, isn't it? How something can be so "absolute", and yet be so foreboding of discussion?

It's not like we get into fights over gravity or anything. You'd think the Word of God would be similarly accepted...if it were real, that is.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I assume most Christians do not believe in reincarnation because of the whole heaven thing.

Sorry you added a second line to your post
Yes Christianity's view of Heaven is rather limited unfortunately
Do they not believe in in Limbo or Purgatory and Hell - I do not believe in Hell only as a Metaphor

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I have Christian friends as well. Thing is, we never discuss religion. It's amazing, isn't it? How something can be so "absolute", and yet be so foreboding of discussion?

It's not like we get into fights over gravity or anything. You'd think the Word of God would be similarly accepted...if it were real, that is.

Yes I know what you mean - I tend to tip toe around certain things with Christian friends for the sake of not spoiling fruitful friendships - We agree to disagree and look to find common ground

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My parents are the bible-thumping types. The ones that dragged me to church every Sunday. Thankfully I was able to break the spell it had over me, something most cannot achieve.

I no longer go to church, but I still haven't come out to my parents that I no longer believe what they believe. I'm afraid of what they may think or that they may disown me.

I'll come out one day, just not right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Not neccessarily true. Better a karmic wheel, who's paradox is resolved by the work of the cross of Jesus Christ, than a hell which was never designed with the human being in mind. Even Jesus considered John the Baptist to be the reincarnated spirit of Elijah.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yes, hell most certainly does exist, only (as you said) in metaphor. Earth is hell, because we have received the 'mark of the beast', or money. Money is the reason for all the bad things that happen on Earth, barring natural disasters.

I like your train of thought.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Now who sounds like a broken record? If I had a dollar for every time you mentioned Jesus...

Well, I'd probably own this shop.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hell was never intended by anything, it is just the natural consequence of greed. Humans have turned the Garden of Eden into hell on Earth with their greed.

Also, I said 'most' Christians, not all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Not neccessarily true. Better a karmic wheel, who's paradox is resolved by the work of the cross of Jesus Christ, than a hell which was never designed with the human being in mind. Even Jesus considered John the Baptist to be the reincarnated spirit of Elijah.

You make a very interesting point regarding Elijah... of course you are correct
I know there are many forms of Christianity such as Gnostic
Many scriptures were not included in the Bible I believe - I find those most interesting

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I thought reincarnation was against Christian doctrine?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Now who sounds like a broken record? I

Once again it's still you. Your jealousy has been evident through out this thread. Or is it you're ?

edit on 9-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

When you are earthbound like you and I the sun is above you when you see it. Hence, you are under the sun. Something tells me your a wise guy huh?!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is there any possibility that you could maybe add something to the discussion instead of being so obviously flippant?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

My parents are the bible-thumping types. The ones that dragged me to church every Sunday. Thankfully I was able to break the spell it had over me, something most cannot achieve.

I no longer go to church, but I still haven't come out to my parents that I no longer believe what they believe. I'm afraid of what they may think or that they may disown me.

I'll come out one day, just not right now.

Yes it must be tough - Sorry to hear your folks can not accept you for who you are - I think fear prevents them - Fear of not being saved if your not Christian. You are being very mature to keep the peace perhaps one day they will understand that just because your not Christian does not mean you are not a good person.
They too must have been indoctrinated to be as they are and hats off to you for breaking the mould

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I usually just stay quiet when Jesus or the bible come up. I hate being fake and the best thing for me to do is to either not say anything or walk out of the room.

Yes, my grandparents are the same way, but I don't blame them because they were doing what they thought was the right thing to do. I believe it is the fear of hell that keeps them planted where they are, no wiggle room whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I thought reincarnation was against Christian doctrine?

It appears not as NewAgeMan pointed out even Jesus saw John the Baptist as a reincarnation of Elijah
Guess there are contradictions everywhere
edit on 9-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The definition of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by TheProphetMark

If love is an illusion, then so is your god, for he is love. The Bible states so.

...oh, and I'd like you to do a favor for me. I want you to turn on a video camera, and record for us a clip of you picking up your daughter, or sitting down with her, whatever...and telling her that your love for her is just an illusion. That you don't REALLY love her. Do that, post the video, and keep us updated on how she treats you for the rest of the week.

Generally, if you don't love your children, you don't deserve them. So tell me, is your love an illusion, or is it real?

edit on 9-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I think I already stated that God is most likely an illusion in my first post by saying that I don't believe God actually exist.

I would do your little favor no problem at all had it been I'm currently not with my daughter. You see, she lives in Nova Scotia while I live in Ontario because I moved. The hardest decision I ever had to make and it's only been 5 months and I'm already beginning to regret it but honestly, I believe she's better off without me, for now of course.

And she treats me just fine, she was rather happy to see me on Webcam last night. Honestly, she has the most beautiful smile in the World and I'm proud of my little girl. Last night was the first time I heard my daughter called me Daddy because where I'm living doesn't have the internet but there are a few hotspots but most signals are weak but every once in awhile I'll get lucky enough to see her. You know what's worse, I literally shed a tear when my two year old daughter starting singing Dora with her Mom. |

I have feelings for my daughter because it's truely "unconditional" love. She came from me, and I love her with all my heart and I'm sorry to say but I still believe that love isn't an illusion. If love is an illusion then I honestly don't know the word for it that will describe how I feel about my daughter.

Everyone has their own opinions I guess but I base my opinions on experience on what I go through in life. I'm more unique then most people because of my hearing impariment and I see this world probably a lot different then most people. Ignorance is bliss, so enjoy your life.
edit on 9-8-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Spelling. Just one word, screw the rest.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join