It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What you need to realize is that hell was never designed with the human being in mind, who's the crowing glory of God's creation via an eternal evolutionary process

Should I quote all of the Bible passages that threaten humanity with hell?

God himself took on the role of a human being and crashed that "gate" on our behalf in accordance with a boundless love,

But didn't bother fixing what he broke? That's intelligent. According to the Bible, he already "wiped the slate" with us once, promised it wouldn't happen again, then tried for another successful harvest using the same flawed seed.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Sound familiar?

A flow of life that is everlasting from life to life in eternity, presented unconditionally as an unmerited Grace (action of God's love

Here's what I'm getting from you.

If we support "God's pride and vanity, we'll be rewarded with gluttony and sloth. If we fail, he'll reward us with wrath and jealousy.

So either way, we're up to our necks in the seven deadly sins. He will either punish us or reward us with the very things we're working to avoid. Does that sound sane to you? Does that make any kind of sense?

You say you're willing to adjust your stance in light of new information or new knowledge and understanding, but is that really the case..?

Present to me concrete evidence of your claims. Since your psychology is proving to be less than sound, perhaps your stash of verifiable facts will do the job. At that point, I will reconsider. Until then, keep pounding your Bible. I'm sure it provides all the answers to your life.

Are you smarter than God? Are you the devil's advocate? Will you argue FOR hell, when none of us were intended for it?

Are you as smart as god? You must be, to be so sure of what you're saying. If I can't say I know god like that (and I never have), then you should stop posting right now, because you've been acting the part ever since you got here. And to be quite honest, you make even less sense than I do.

As to the rest: He knows everything. He created hell because he knows everything. He THREATENED us with it. He knows exactly where we're going, and prepared so that we would get there. He knows everything, and created hell. And we're not meant to go there?

Riiiiiiiight...

Can you hear the laughter even now as you take out the case against God and read it before the whole court? Will you laugh if what I've just said here, is true?

Should I find out, one day, that everything you've given to me is fact, then I'll proudly present my middle finger to your god and ask for the next ticket to Exhibit A in the underworld, and I'll be happy doing it. If I can get a kick in while I'm at it, then that's gold.

I'm not sure how that would work, though. I've never tried to go mano y mano with a fictional character...

edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If God and Jesus is waiting for me after i die, i think that i will have a long talk with them about a number of things, I don't know if they exist or not but i guess i'll find out for sure at some point.....

....if they are real then they understand what i mean.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am a christian but your post makes no sense because someone cant se e Jesus because then theyll burn up like the apostles did when he rose into heaven and in the Revelations he sees the twelve apostles worshipping Jesus.

the good doctor

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

So your answer is to not take me seriously. I'll take that as confirmation of my validity.

Its all good I didnt even feed from... And I wish you the best @ finding the LIGHT* to guide you home in time.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 8/8/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

About the quote: I dislike all quotes, especially irrelevant ones thrown around as if they mean something. Rather than hear from a deceased man who couldn't fathom anything outside the world because he's never sean the images of the Hubble telescope, I would prefer to hear what you have to say, someone who hopefully knows that in the cosmos, stars are formed by nebulas. Maybe another time.

Alright my Subversive one. The quote just came to mind so it was rendered as a reply to hopefully interest you further. Just trying to keep you on here for my own deviousness I suppose. ( sarcasm ) I touched on this already but it relates a bit to your moniker so in case you missed it.

Uni-verse One word. God spoke the universe into existence with a positive word formed by positive thought. I will never see anything different than that about creation. Why ? Because it is evidenced by my own positive spiritual nature made in the image of our Heavenly Father. Do you see the significance of the connection here. It is so important to understand that the fact of this phenomena, is evidence, of us being made in his image. Do you see it or not ? Have I explained it well enough whether you believe or not let me know if I'm being clear ? Please ?
edit on 8-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Yes you've made yourself clear; and you're entitled to your belief no matter what I say.

Other monotheistic and pantheistic devotees believe the same, despite their god/gods being different than yours. Although I'm unsure why your god, who it is claimed to be omnipresent, doesn't span all cultures and areas of the globe, there seems to be a fundamental urge for mankind to believe their indoctrination without question. But I feel better knowing that you yourself have reached your conviction through at least a mild form of critical thought.

Just to continue playing devil's advocate, and to show a little rationality in the face of much irrationality in this thread, I can still say your evidence is indeed not evidence whatsoever, but faith. Because you wish there to be a god does not make it so. Self-deception isn't positive in my mind. Loving something that may or may not exist is done at the expense of all other real beings. I find that wholly negative.

At least we can agree to disagree. Great discussion.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You didn't even read my post? Haha, I knew I was onto something.

Thanks. Your lack of illumination has provided all the light I need in this subject.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gooddoctorred

in the Revelations he sees the twelve apostles worshipping Jesus.

That's exactly how I planned to spend my time in heaven. On bended knee, being Jesus' little pet beotch.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You didn't even read my post? Haha, I knew I was onto something.

Thanks. Your lack of illumination has provided all the light I need in this subject.

I did read ALL your post in this thread just to mention I like to know who I am communicating with ya know. I dont wish to challange your intents its your will, I just wish you luck.

be well

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You don't need luck when you have preparation. The most prepared man in the world will win the race, the guy with all the luck is left praying to everything that it doesn't run out.

With preparation, you pave your own road.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey Randy ,
Love your work ,
keeper rock.
S&F ..... r

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You don't need luck when you have preparation. The most prepared man in the world will win the race, the guy with all the luck is is just hoping it doesn't run out.

turtle and rabbit race smh

you have last word k, you dont possess enough energy for me to adjust so I will let you look internal about how you feel about yourself and how you interact with others. Carry on

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I've had six months of silent introspection. I have learned enough to work with. I understand more than most people my age, and it's been both a curse and a blessing.

It is you who needs to sit down and examine the world through clear lenses, instead of the rose petals you have chosen to adorn your viewing glass with.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I just need to dabble, and this thread is so long I didn't read every page and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something from someone else...

So you are saying that the current messiah myth & its back stories (ones that is identical to many earlier religions down to and including the virgin birth, floods, law givers leading in times of turmoil, zombies,) that were told to you as truth when you were child are indeed true and that w/o any proof in the historical record beyond those books (despite there being historical records predating that one source) you have faith in that truth?

I envy you all.

My faith is in myself, my abilities, and knowing that I don't know how to give my all.

Derek

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

At least we can agree to disagree. Great discussion.

All I try to do, is plant the seeds where I they have hope of growing into a clear understanding of what I see. It isn't something stupid or delusional or a lie. Because I'm not any of such. So I dare to post as I believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So are you saying, that if God presented you with the most ingenius and loving joke ever told (surely at the devil's expense at least in part), that you would give him the finger and ask to be sent to hell.. if only to get a rebellious "kick" in?

What's with all the hate I just don't get it.. (could your mind be getting warped by well..nevermind..)

If I saw a representation of perfect love (which I have), me I'd love it (which I do). I could never hate love, never.

C.S. Lewis said that we ought to take each other much more seriously because with everyone you meet you're talking to a future angel, or a future demon. I hope that's not true.

But how do you invite someone with a loving invitation into eternal life (which can take on many forms, and there's a LOT "in store" which no eye has seen nor the mind of man conceived), without being rejected..?

There's always a paradox when freedom is free, but the reasoning of some people, who are willing to go to any lengths to argue against the God of love and mercy is just beyond me, it computes even less than the unfathomable mystery of Jesus Christ's Great Work, which does make perfect sense albeit on some levels we can't quite yet grasp fully but only partially (but getting closer all the time).

edit on 8-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yes humans are capable of love, but not God's love. God bless you.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
I just need to dabble, and this thread is so long I didn't read every page and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something from someone else...

So you are saying that the current messiah myth & its back stories (ones that is identical to many earlier religions down to and including the virgin birth, floods, law givers leading in times of turmoil, zombies,) that were told to you as truth when you were child are indeed true and that w/o any proof in the historical record beyond those books (despite there being historical records predating that one source) you have faith in that truth?

I envy you all.

My faith is in myself, my abilities, and knowing that I don't know how to give my all.

Derek

Can you rephrase your question Derek ?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusWillReturn

Yes humans are capable of love, but not God's love. God bless you.

Please don't waste your blessings. I've read the bible. Man is capable of God's love; here on earth we call it totalitarianism.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Gag.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I hope people no matter what they believe about God and Jesus Christ will at least accept the bonus I have offered in the video. Because it is a truth all it's own. No matter if it ties into what I believe.
edit on 8-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join