It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Oh yes, they "let" us post. They just don't bother reading!

edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
sometimes you got to let others post their points as to not interfere so takes back seat sometimes

Thanks for "letting" us post our opinions. You are displaying true Christian grace!

another poster response comment to, but if you starred them then you got it lol

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

...maybe you should skip this thread entirely and visit the grammar section? Or maybe not play hooky next time and go to English class?

I'm having difficulty decrypting the lack of effort you put into making your post readable...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by artistpoet

Lies can indeed be productive. Allow me to iterate two examples to you. One is fabricated, the other a true story.

There is a man and a woman, and they have been happily married for 30 years. However, long ago before they were married but were seeing each other, the man had cheated on her. Only once, and never again. He tells her finally, because he's been carrying the guilt around for all that time. This marriage would have lasted until death, but all of it was destroyed in the moments it took to confess. Had he not told her, those last years of his life would have been spent with the love of his life. That skeleton was the only thing that ever went wrong. Should he have not told her?

The true story goes thus. There is a boy who was born to a woman who was seeing a man. That man was not the boy's father. However, he thought it was...until the boy was a teenager. Finally, the mother came out with the truth. The result? The boy was disowned. No, that boy was not me; however, a friend of mine told me about the boy because we were having a discussion very similar to this thread. The boy was cast from his family because of the truth. Would it have been better to lie by omission?

These are the cases I present to you, as proof that sometimes the truth does more harm than a lie. Now I ask that you answer my question: which is better for the world, a productive lie or a destructive truth? Remember, the productivity and destruction are simply our reaction to each.

What do you think?

Thank you for your examples to illustrate your point further
I must admit I am one who would prefer to be told the truth -
Yet I am guilty of withholding truth sometimes for the sake of not wanting to hurt another's feelings.
I try to measure whether if in telling the truth it would be productive as you say or detrimental to the other

I was stopped for speeding and pulled over by the police.
I went into acting mode - Ultra polite and respectful - When asked what the speed limit for the road I was on was - I lied - I knew I was speeding but acted shocked when told "No it is not 40mph it is 30 mph"
I said - Well it is a fair cop and I was not being alert to the speed signs because I was stressed as I had just taken my Father to Hospital and was on my way and not familiar with the roads.
I was being truthful as I had just taken Dad to hospital but lieing when saying I was not familiar with the road - these are called little white lies,
I insist on truth in important matters however , I was referring to are deliberate deceptions to make gains over others - such as leaders of religion do or politicians.

If someone believes there is a Green haired pipe smoking entity who created everything and who has a nice place to go when we die - I would not fire them down but agree that there is life after death and then if possible attempt to try gently guide them closer to reality if I knew of Reality so to speak.

No being would punish any for not having blind faith in them - this is unintelligent
As regards seeing God - well why not - Once in the realms outside this reality we will all be in for a big surprise and it will be better than our wildest dreams in my opinion - Green Haired Man smoking pipe - maybe not but something Beautiful for sure

I get you - Why destroy anothers belief if you can not offer something better

Sorry to be so long winded

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

And if God is love, and if love to BE love must be absolutely free, freely given, freely recieved, freely chosen, what then, if that same freedom also allows the opportunity to hate (as many do) and to choose what is wrong or what is bad (sin), that's quite the predicament, even moreso for God, than for us, since he created us, so you have a point, to a degree, to the degree that something else, which you haven't considered nor been willing to research enters into human history as a resolution to the paradox for BOTH man AND God, and as a point of invitation and of attraction like a fine pearl adorned above the gate of a great city, and one which also invites us to enter and in the process also become a pearl, like a spiritual evolutionary principal on the path of progress towards an ideal of perfection.

We are only JUST beginning to come into an understanding of what it means and signifies, so our ignorance can be excused, for a while.. but it's still there, still imbedded in history, and woven right into the very fabric of the creation from the very get go, which satisfactorily resolves the paradox.

You only THINK you've got the case all wrapped up in your pocket with God in the dock. Thing is, when you pull it out and read it aloud to the court, it contains a great cosmic joke that you knew nothing about!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by randyvs

I love this response, very fitting and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it were an accurate assumption. God does indeed have a sense of humor.

I'm so glad you know for sure that god has a sense of humor. I'm glad that almost everyone on this thread knows god, and how god thinks and feels. Isn't it so darn wonderful! Just a pity that with everyone knowing what god thinks, they can't make this world a better place with this super-duper knowledge. And this knowledge has been known to man for, what?, six thousand years? Such a pity. T'sall I'm sayin'.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Face, my God you are so much a true human being. It never matters to me what side of the fence you're leaping from. The fact is I always appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for posting even tho you.....

Missed the first page huh?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I get you - Why destroy anothers belief if you can not offer something better

That is the view of a materialistic society. Regardless of what we need, we are constantly focusing on the "want".

What do we get out of it?

Will it make us happier or more satisfied?

How much will we have to sacrifice?

That is why Christianity is so popular. Because it requires something that we can't hold in our hands, something that has no practical value in a world based on material transfer, for something that provides emotional comfort without need for verification, we think, "Salvation for a dollar! I could use some of that!"

It is not this that disturbs me. It is the fact that if we had TRUE spirituality, instead of the cheap Dollar Store religion (as I call it), we would be less addicted to materialism as a species, we would be more compassionate, and we would be a little wiser when it came to perspective and differences. Christianity appeals to the reptilian mind more than the neocortex (Google it) and that is why this world suffers so.

We get everything (eternal life and tons of pleasures - even though lust and gluttony are both sins
)for nothing. It's a fake deal. That's the bottom line.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

And if God is love, and if love to BE love must be absolutely free, freely given, freely recieved, freely chosen,

Show me where "God" helps someone without asking for anything in return. Even for forgiveness, he asks that we must believe first. Nothing he does is free.

what then, if that same freedom also allows the opportunity to hate (as many do) and to choose what is wrong or what is bad (sin)

So you're telling me that capacity to hate is a symptom of capacity to love as well? That is reversible, then, which says that God is not purely love, and Satan is not purely evil either. Thanks for clarifying. Oh, and watch your step...that hole you're digging is getting deeper.

that's quite the predicament, even moreso for God

"Predicament" is a funny word to use for someone who can destroy or create everything in the blink of an eye...

We are only JUST beginning to come into an understanding of what it means and signifies, so our ignorance can be excused, for a while..

Really? You make it sound like you've already been there and set up for the winter.

so you have a point, to a degree, to the degree that something else, which you haven't considered nor been willing to research enters into human history as a resolution to the paradox for BOTH man AND God, and as a point of invitation and of attraction like a fine pearl adorned above the gate of a great city, and one which also invites us to enter and in the process also become a pearl, like a spiritual evolutionary principal on the path of progress towards an ideal of perfection.

All of those beautiful flowery adjectives and not one answer...that's another mystery solved.

Thing is, when you pull it out and read it aloud to the court, it contains a great cosmic joke that you knew nothing about!

It's only a joke when you tell it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
So really, we were MEANT to go to hell. That's what logic tells me. Our destiny, wherever we end up, heaven or hell, is fulfilled. So why choose?

Basically you are encouraging others to give up on a spiritual journey we all MUST accomplish ALL* with that its SAD to see you TRY and degrade Christians for trying their best as if your their tester, natas YES THE TESTER NATAS... IMAGINE YOU AS WELL ARE BEING TESTED AS YOU ARE & YOU JUST SAT BACK AND GAVE UP why trying to take others with you, SMH. So a hell may just be a smh SECONDARY SCHOOL for the learning impaired souls who wish to be rebellious & ignorant. THE LOVE OF THE CREATOR HAS SET IT UP FOR YOU TO EVENTUALLY GET YOUR ETERNAL SOUL INTO ASCENDING ONCE YOU ACCEPT ITS LOVE AND ITS GOD(S) SENDS LIKE JESUS CHRIST. With that take a few moments to absorbe what I am saying I am not attacking you as much as I am warning you as a fellow CREATOR CREATION to try and accept the LORD thats all. HELL for many can be as simple as being LEFT BEHIND under the control of A NEW OVERLORD WHO MAY KNOW THE CREATOR EXIST FIRST HAND and who knows how to manage human flesh and souls... The price to pay for SIN is with the flesh SO imagine many on EA*RTH leaving in spirit/or flesh and YOU were left behind to become a slave or even worst a farm animal OUTSIDE THE PROTECTION OF THE LORD THEY HAVE YOU AS THEY WISH. This PHASE OR PHASES OF LIFE AND DEATH WITHIN EXISTENCE DEPENDING ON HOW SOUL IMPAIRED SOME ARE WOULD SEEM LIKE A HELL. So ALL I am saying is STOP HATEN ON ANY RELIGIONS THEY ARE TRYING ATLEAST...
edit on 8/8/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You could do stand-up with that kind of observational talent. I'm lovin' it!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I HAVE A BRIDGE DESIGNER I CAN RECOMMEND TO YOU

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

asically you are encouraging others to give up on a spiritual journey we all MUST accomplish ALL* with that its SAD to see you TRY and degrade Christians for trying their best as if your their tester, natas YES THE TESTER NATAS... IMAGINE YOU AS WELL ARE ARE BEING TESTED AS YOU ARE & YOU JUST SAT BACK AND GAVE UP why trying to take others with you, SMH. So a hell may just be a smh SECONDARY SCHOOL for the learning impaired souls who wish to be rebellious & ignorant. THE LOVE OF THE CREATOR HAS SET IT UP FOR YOU TO EVENTUALLY GET YOUR ETERNAL SOUL INTO ASCENDING ONCE YOU ACCEPT ITS LOVE AND ITS GOD(S) SENDS LIKE JESUS CHRIST. With that take a few moments to absorbe what I am saying I am not attacking you as much as I am warning you as a fellow CREATOR CREATION to try and accept the LORD thats all. HELL for many can be as simple as being LEFT BEHIND under the control of A NEW OVERLORD WHO MAY KNOW THE CREATOR EXIST FIRST HAND and who knows how to manage human flesh and souls... The price to pay for SIN is with the flesh SO imagine many on EA*RTH leaving in spirit/or flesh and YOU were left behind to become a slave or even worst a farm animal OUTSIDE THE PROTECTION OF THE LORD THEY HAVE YOU AS THEY WISH. This PHASE OR PHASES OF LIFE AND DEATH WITHIN EXISTENCE DEPENDING ON HOW SOUL IMPAIRED SOME ARE WOULD SEEM LIKE A HELL. So ALL I am saying is STOP HATEN ON ANY RELIGIONS THEY ARE TRYING ATLEAST...

Natas will be there also. His knee will bend and his tongue will confess. Jesus Christ is lord. drol si tsirhC sesuJ.
Anyway you look at it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So ALL I am saying is STOP HATEN ON ANY RELIGIONS THEY ARE TRYING ATLEAST...

I managed to pick that out of your wall of capital letters. I think your caps lock button might be broken. You should check it. So, moving on...

Stop hating on religions? Viewing a faith critically is not hate, it's called rationality and attempting to show people the light. There's a very good reason I do this: most Christians are content to sit with their head in the sand, waiting for a two thousand year old corpse to drop out of the sky and do what hundreds of political leaders and activists have been unable to achieve for hundreds of years...all in a single day. Then, should anyone who looks like they can parrot a few quotes from an out-of-date manual happen along, these Christians attempt to sell the deal to them as well.

The deal goes something like this: "There's two invisible people, one under the ground and another in the sky. They both want your soul, but the one dude, who we'll call "God" because it's easy to remember and sounds cool, will give you free candy and lots of [censored], even though gluttony, lust, and laziness are all sins, whereas the other guy, who we'll call Satan because that's my ex-wife's name, let's you do whatever you want, but you get to burn forever. Oh, did I mention that God GAVE Satan that office? He invented sin too. Doesn't like it, though...if you act human in any way, you're probably doing it wrong. So yeah, no matter what happens to you, God did it. And as long as he did it, it's a good thing, no matter how many people die or suffer. But he still wants your soul."

And from all that, we get lots of hatred toward anyone who doesn't do what they do. Like homosexuals. Even though, if we were to start prying into the Christians' sexual lives, we'd get majorly hated on for that too. In fact, our sins are forgiven every week in the eyes of a discriminatory god by a priest who sins with little boys and still has the authority to forgive us for the things we do every week. Then we'll come in and do the entire illogical routine again next week, for the exact same thing. And don't worry, little Timmy will still be waiting for Father in the basement. But God will still save Timmy! Until he remembers those beautiful moments, experiments later on his own, and finds out that he's actually gay. Then he's screwed, because God's personal representative broke a rule, and now little Timmy is damned for all of eternity.

See what a little faith can do for people?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

lol

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree its its domain of play with certain souls who toy with the LORD.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by randyvs

I agree its its domain of play with certain souls who toy with the LORD.

And with that I'm just gonna kick it and enjoy the thread for awhile.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I seek common ground with any of any religion when possible
Though I do not adhere to any religion
Aspects such as one having a soul that is Immortal by nature and a body that is mortal I agree with
Doing good deeds and respecting your fellow beings Yes I agree

Yes there are many hypocrites who go under the banner of one religion or another
Yet not all Christians or Muslims Or Jews or whatever are the same
Some are good and decent people some the reverse

We are all Human Beings - well perhaps the odd Alien here and there but we all know right from wrong
We live in a material world - It is made of matter and we should not reject material things but care for the environment we are in as best we know or understand.
But yes gluttony and want of material wealth of things is against our higher nature

Those with wealth and power have a duty to use that for common good rather than self in my opinion

Possesions do not make us happy yet deprivation of our needs does not make us happy
The soul or spirit is not made of nothing it is material but material off of our scale of measure being ultra refined
and exotic by nature being able to exist where the physical body can not

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What you need to realize is that hell was never designed with the human being in mind, who's the crowing glory of God's creation via an eternal evolutionary process, and to the degree that we were ensnared by the paradox of free will, which could lead to separation from God, God himself took on the role of a human being and crashed that "gate" on our behalf in accordance with a boundless love, a perfect righteousness, and a high standard of the twin pillars of a severe Justice and a tender Mercy which made and makes no compromise with sin and evil (an all-Good God of Love). The result? A flow of life that is everlasting from life to life in eternity, presented unconditionally as an unmerited Grace (action of God's love) ie: there's nothing we can do to earn or deserve it. Furthermore, in synchronicity with the order of creation (from the first to the last cause) and in accordance with the movement of the earth, sun, moon, planets and starry skies, we are presented with the vectors in time and history by which to verify that this Great Work did indeed occur, the implication of which is that it was established from the very moment of creation (superdeterministic). You say you're willing to adjust your stance in light of new information or new knowledge and understanding, but is that really the case..? And knowing all this, which is freely available for our mutual "grokking", when you come before the white throne of the living God and the Lamb of God, on what basis will you accuse him and try him, when all of this is established and already in place so that the possibility of separation from God as the center and source and the spirit of life and the universe, as been removed..? Are you smarter than God? Are you the devil's advocate? Will you argue FOR hell, when none of us were intended for it? Can you hear the laughter even now as you take out the case against God and read it before the whole court? Will you laugh if what I've just said here, is true?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So your answer is to not take me seriously. I'll take that as confirmation of my validity.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join