It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I respond negatively to negative things like rape, murder and eternal torment in a place called hell. I respond positively to positive things like science and music.
edit on 8-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
reply to post by Itisnowagain

This moment that is happening presently is the truth

You are the dreamer and what you see and experience is all dream.

In that case your logic is flawed and this moment is a lie since I do not know that I am dreaming.
I am the liar that holds the truth
keeping it from myself
edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added quote

Just because you do not realize that you are dreaming does not make this moment a lie. This moment is the dream and you the dreamer combined. The dream cannot arise without the dreamer.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Because Jesus Christ died not for my sin, but for me, a sinner.
And the thought of seeing him, disintegrates all fear of death. Yet there are many who fail to understand the simplicity of this positive concept. For in their own carnal reasoning, they declare that such a silly belief, ( belief in Jesus Christ ) surely must reside with men because they do indeed fear death. Seeing no objective evidence, where only objective evidence makes up this material ( perceivable to the five senses ) world.

On the flip side of this negative view ( disbelief in a here after ) these same people either fail to realize or simply ignore one certain fact. That being, that if one eliminates mans spirituality, when one eliminates God, from the equation of life ? A succession of positive structure eliminations must soon follow. God is love. Eliminate God from your life and you eliminate the very source of all love.

I have seen this time and again and I must without naming names say, that I have seen it in a self endeavored discussion with an atheist, right here on ATS. No not you Mr. XYZ., even you aren't that neg. But here is the exact quote.

" Then love doesn't exist either "

So anyway although I fall short of welcoming the end of this life. I do look forward with great anticipation at the end of my days because I believe death is a doorway. And through that doorway we are all, going to see God. And we all ( every human being who has ever lived ) together, will drop to our knees, at the very sight of his awesome beauty and gentile power.

For he is nothing like the human mind can even imagine, in it's present degenerative state. And we will confess of our own free will, that Jesus Christ is Lord. It won't be something anyone is forced to do. It will be a confession to self for all who spent their days on earth believing the lies of wicked men. Are there not wicked men ? And an affirmation of thankfulness, for those who managed to find and know and hold on to him. through the labyrinth of life. Just relax your mind and listen.

edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)
people get caught up in the religion aspect of God or whatever you would like to label God as. chances are all religions are probably talking about the same God. The vantage points look different as this is human nature.

people tend to use that as evidence that God is not real. for example, the get caught up wondering why there are so many religions, chalk it up to nonsense and move on. or they may get caught up in some of the inconsistancies in religious texts. they don't think about the fact that those books were written by men, and changed to fit what they wanted.

That doesn't mean that God does not exist though. we will all see and understand when death finally arrives at our door, of that i have no doubt.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
To all of the Christians of ATS, I have just realized a highly conspicuous conflict of interests, born of and upheld by your faith, that would have any psychologist shaking their head in amusement. Let's see what counter-arguments you can cook up for this one:

There is no reason for an omniscient being to create a place like hell, except that not only did he know exactly who would take each seat as he made it, but he went ahead and designed us that way anyway, knowing exactly what we would choose and which fate we would face. And not a single adjustment was made that day, either to spare us, to fix us, to perfect us...nothing.

So really, we were MEANT to go to hell. That's what logic tells me. Our destiny, wherever we end up, heaven or hell, is fulfilled. So why choose? Because if our path is preordained, if your "god", who is so real and so powerful supposedly, knows exactly what's going to happen to us before our grandparents were a gleam in his eye, then that's how it was meant to be.

No matter what I do, I am designed a certain way, which will bring about a certain fate, which is exactly what your "god" foresaw before I was even born...and still allowed to happen. Because that's what he wants. There is no reason to be omniscient, create a faulty race of servants, and then prepare a burning pit specifically for them, unless he knew what would happen, could see it happening in his mind's eye, and WANTED it to happen. Had accepted it, was willing to work with it, and was preparing for the event. Assuming that hell actually exists as described in the Bible, every person who has ever gone to hell, or ever will go to hell, was sent there by your god because he WANTED them to be there. Before you are born, your destiny is chosen. There is absolutely no way to be omniscient and omnipotent, the creator of the entire universe, and NOT have everyone's destiny squared away.

Don't bother choosing, because if all this is true and accurate, then your choice doesn't matter. Follow your life as you will, because your fate is chosen. Your path is planned. You were designed FOR that path...the path wasn't designed for you. And no matter what happens, you will reach the end of that path. Because he wants you to.

Does this make sense to everyone? Don't bother trying, don't bother fighting, don't bother worrying or fussing or choosing. It's all preordained, according to Christianity's omniscient, all-powerful deity. Our place in the universe is etched in stone. You don't get to choose...it's already chosen, written, signed, and in progress. Don't bother fretting, because your ride has already departed, and the next time you get off, you'll be there. And then, you'll know the truth.

That's according to these guys, anyway. See, Christians have just been defeated by their own logic. Funny how that works, eh?

edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Why do keep referring to "my God?" I'm not a Christian and have been arguing against the OP for assuming that we are sinners that need Jesus' death/murder as a human blood sacrifice for the redemption of my supposed sin. My sin, according to religious belief, is that of being a living human being on Earth.
edit on 8-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I also brought up the theory of being a thought in something else's dream in which case the lie would be thinking we are the dreamer when in fact we are the dream. Hence the mini poem I wrote about being the liar holding the truth keeping it from ourself. Thinking abut that saying tho I guess if we were merely a thought of something else we might be the part only containing the questions and not the answers.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
The Bible is a book written by man, nothing more. It has just as much historical accuracy as the Quran, The Bhagavad Gita, Homer's Odyssey and Harry Potter. Using any of those books to prove the existence of any of their characters is like proving Aliens exist using a photoshop picture.

And I love how theists like to claim humility, by claiming they have the one truth. That isn't humble, that is being full of yourself. There is mountains of evidence to support evolution, and not one shred of evidence to suggest any divine entity did anything to aide it.

And as a kicker, your signature is by an atheist, and you're using it wrong.

You yourself have made a lot of assumptions and present rather arrogantly your assurance of what you presume to know.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I've adjusted my post to reflect your response. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You may wish to check my post up above. The one about hell? I'd like you to ruminate over it at length, and when you feel you have a somewhat rational answer to it, I'd like to see it.

This should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Everything that is seen (scene) is the dream. The seer is the dreamer.
You can only verify this for yourself by looking for what is seeing.

Are you the seer or the seen (scene)?

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wrong. Freedom rules, and a provision was made, yes from before the foundation of the world (see my sig for more on this), and in the end, hell and death are discarded, to be replaced by a river of living water (non dualistic), which is the water of eternal life, freely available to all who thirst "let them come".

God is a point of attraction, not repulsion, for those who understand.

Your position is based in ignorance (not knowing what you don't know).

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Wrong. Freedom rules,

Free will is null and void in matters of omniscience. When you give a certain set of qualities to a creation, and see exactly what effect those qualities will have on the course of events, and you still do it, you have essentially stolen all freedom. You have sealed that creation's fate.

How that creation finds that fate may be its own choice, but that fate will still be inevitable.

God is a point of attraction, not repulsion, for those who understand.

Your position is based in ignorance (not knowing what you don't know).

First, what if your understanding of "god" is incorrect? You have assumed that you are right in your ideas about "god". I don't base my ideas on assumption, I either base them on probability and fact, or I leave it open to adjustment. I don't see you doing that, so I'll take this as an opportunity to clarify to all who read this that you base your claims on nothing but your emotions, a less-than-stable source of credibility - highly prone to bias and self-deception.

Second, my position is based on years of psychological study which can be found in any psychiatrist's office. It doesn't matter who you are, planned intent requires desire to some degree. If you don't want it, you don't plan it. God designed hell and threatened to throw us in it, after he created us...and he's already been labeled as omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. It's impossible for him to NOT have planned for us to fail and be damned forever. It's impossible for him NOT to know what each of us will choose, what each of us will do, and where each of us will end up. You can't NOT know where a person is going to jump and fall when you catch them with a trampoline.

Therefore, my position is quite a bit more reliable than yours, considering I can have a dozen citations in an hour and you'll still have your "faith" to prove everything you've brought to the table. If this were court, I think we know who'd be walking out with the case in their pocket.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What have I assumed? Nothing I have typed is based on assumption, but has mountains of evidence to back it up. You have a book written by illiterate Iron Age Desert Dwellers. What have I assumed?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

[COLOR=GOLD]
SnF for the positive encouraging thread randyvs
1 CAN ONLY HOPE AND PRAY FOR THOSE STILL IN THE DARK THAT 1 DAY THEY WILL GET TO SEE THE LOVE WITHIN THE LIGHT OF CHRIST AND HIS MESSAGES OF PEACE FOR MANKIND.
NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
[/COLOR]
edit on 8/8/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can't believe I have just now seen this thread...

Well done Randy...your faith is strong, and regardless of whom talks you down or attempts to talk you down, you keep the faith - and I know this, as you and I have gone back and forth several times on this topic.

You are far better off than most, as your path has been laid down for you...and as I continue to try and make sense of my own perceptions, your faith carries on.

In that regard, you are 1 up...but, I don't find myself jealous of your situation, I just recognize it and appreciate it.

Keep on keepin' chief...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Thanks.

Star for your original, but edited, post!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
sometimes you got to let others post their points as to not interfere so takes back seat sometimes

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Why don't you wander back through the thread and have a gander at my post on hell?

I want to see how your faith responds.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

And sometimes you have to deliberately avoid looking at a post, lest you be tempted to think critically.

After all, "Lean not on your own understanding..."

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
sometimes you got to let others post their points as to not interfere so takes back seat sometimes

Thanks for "letting" us post our opinions. You are displaying true Christian grace!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join