It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Cop scared in Canada without his Gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Imagine... a complete stranger talking to you. Oh, dear, where's my gun.

It's not supposed to happen in this day and age. One can only suspect the worst out of such behaviour.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ever wounder why u.s is the world's largest exporter of guns ?
- It's a sad sales pitch., Bet that he works for NRA and has
shares at Sturm, Ruger & Company

The only ones that win in promoting guns are the
gun companies and those that are involved with them.

Unless it becomes legal for wing-nuts to buy handguns in
Canada (as in u.s.), then I still can protect
myself like I have
been for years without having to buy or pander american arms.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Smells Fugazi to me.

I don't know how this guy passed the psych test...

Internet Monk

Walt Wawra says:
June 29, 2008 at 2:15 am
Mr. Spencer,

I began reading your essay about Chinese sutdents and if they need a American Jesus. Give God the Glory that it is His Holy Spirit that opens our eyes in the first place. Do we have culture that blends in. I will say yes, yet we are told to have the mind of Christ. Should we worry about our culturalism and how it effects our view?? COncerned yes, worry no, give it over to Jesus and follow Him, you will then do exactly what the Lord wants to do with you. We are bought and paid for with a price. we belong to Him. So don’t worry about it, just seek and follow Jesus. He will take care of the rest.

Be Blessed
Walt

Common the Gangsta rapper

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Seriously? He got approached by people asking if he'd been to the stampede yet and became "Scared" because he didn't have a gun?

Sounds like US cops need to grow a pair.

Calgary is one of the safest cities in the world, certainly one of the safest in North America. I'm from a town about 4 hours drive from Vancouver that has way higher crime than Calgary and I wouldn't have any problem talking with anyone on the street, and I certainly don't carry a gun.

I've travelled the world, including many places in North America, Europe, the Far East, North Africa, and The Middle East, and have NEVER felt that I was unsafe "because I didn't have a gun".

I've been to Detroit, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Little Rock, Atlanta, San Francisco inside the United States, and to places like Baghdad, Tehran, Johannesburg, Cairo, London, Paris, Berlin, Beijing, Moscow, Ullan Battar, and many other large cities, and NEVER felt the need to carry a gun.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This cop sounds like a typical wimpy jerk. I love it when power hungry wimps realize just how wimpy they truly are.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This story made my laugh. One of the largest events in Western Canada and of ALL things someone asks this man if he's been to the event. This would surely drive any man into a murderous frenzy. haha. If this isn't a hoax I feel for our society.

In fact I just returned from my local version of the Stampede and have never witnessed such a police presence before. They are there in full body armour, and an almost military presence. They were EVERWHERE you looked. I mean I'm there with my wife and two kids and you look at one of them and smile and you just get a sour stare back. They have no personality anymore. In fact they must indoctrinate these things into thinking the general public is just the 'Enemy'!

BUT....

This is the sort of beauty in being in Canada. Our off duty cops don't carry firearms and feel the need to shoot anyone who 'looks at them sideways'. I can't imagine the insanity of living in a society where this type of fear is rampant.

These guys might have been being freindly, who knows?

At least in Canada... we all may not carry guns to defend ourselves in case of attack, but our disputes don't normally end in a shootout. If you can throw a punch, this might be all you need to fend off an attack. I actually feel safer knowing that idiots such as this don't carry guns here.

ETA..if he was any type of a cop, he should be well versed in self defense and take-down techniques. Really, I live in what is considered a high crime area for Canada, but never feel scared walking down the street. I know that I won't get shot for 'talking to someone the wrong way'.

Sheesh.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's great to hear from our northern brothers about the conduct of certain American LEOs.
NOW maybe you guys can see what WE are up against in the USA: by and large many of our law enforcement officers are dumb as dirt reactionary idiots - this one happens to be a religious zealot as well.
It's been years since I've visited Calgary (and Edmonton) and I never felt anything but safe once across the border and out of the USA. We last vacationed in Vancouver and stayed on what locals describe as the worst street in all of Canada: Hastings Street. Even so, there wasn't anything menacing about it with the slight exception of the number of homeless milling about the charitable homeless shelter and that was merely the press of the crowd.
Wally's conduct and messages should be an embarrassment to all American LEOs, yet many of them will support his attitude as justified. Pathetic.

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Get real. Maybe in Calgary that is acceptable behavior for two young to confront an older couple, but in the US, when the four are not in the midst of a crowd, that has all of the signs of a robbery or worse. The guy did exactly the right thing. His training and street smarts (for the US anyway)...

Right and I would agree with you BUT was he in the US? No. If you're going to travel abroad learn a little about the culture. We are a very open, friendly people.

... had he escape the situation with no problem.

What situation? These guys were being friendly. maybe that is a quality lacking in some areas of the States.

If some of you think the aggressiveness of the Canadians was misinterpreted, then you need to think about the training and knowledge that the US cop had about how such situations play out. Then that would make the two guys certainly having over-step the normal bounds of decency. You can't blame the cope for being "scared."

What aggressiveness? "Hey man, you been to our party yet?" I can see where this can be confused with some of our more dangerous Canadians
If he's scared about that he shouldn't be allowed to carry a firearm anywhere in the world.

C'mon. This wasn't Davies St in Vancouver or Jane and Finch in Toronto.
edit on 8-8-2012 by intrepid because: Syntax

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
like a terrorist without an RPG......only they look like us.....same end result....

are the good ones like deaf blind and dumb or non existent......

this is why we should not give aid and comfort to the enemy.....if you know a cop.....tell him how you feel...

this is not a lone guy....the vast majority walk around with their weapons....I know it personally.

I visited my home city not too long ago...I hung out with what I thought was my best friend who is a cop..

he has completely changed...like cult brain washed changed..

It was unnerving...plus everyone and their mother carried their guns......it is like being in a western...

psychopaths ruining our country....don't call them....avoid them....they are not like us anymore.....the world of law enforcement would help Osama bin Laden if he was a cop and defend him blindly...and threaten you if you disagree....or worse.

they ones I met, although pretend to be "just regular people" which they repeated over and over are not like the rest of us anymore...

they are a cult and armed to boot. They will kill you if their blood pressure rises or they see you as anything other than a bumbling fool who cant hurt a fly.....

domestic terrorism...don't give aid and comfort to the USA´s enemies....how many fellow citizens have they killed this year alone....how many of them have been reprimanded or arrested?

none

they bitch because we don't walk around worshiping them......thank you?.....they talk about us the way I have seen videos of our international enemies talk about the American people...that should not be ok in anyones minds...

they insult us on a daily basis and belittle us. They kill us and threaten us. They cause us pain and suffering and have strange psychological practices for breaking our citizens down to a pile of whimpering human crap.

I cant stand to see my people suffer....I don't care what uniform those wear when they do it...I love my people more than they scare me or can threaten me and my family....I would risk my life and my families safety to let them know that they are our greatest Real threat....

and when this guy goes home....he will be in charge of your life and that of your families....he will have other like minded people talking crap about your people in the locker room like a F-ing terrorist does.... about our people....he will do anything to save his ass, even if it means making his country a worse place than before....

they are getting to be just as bad as politicians.....a real threat to the country....time we stop helping them....

don't go to their BBQ's....don't invite them to your parties....don't talk to them, don't help them change a tire, don't help them find their dogs....nothing....would you help a terrorist who insults your people daily and kills them when he pleases?

then why a cop? because he is American? Yeah, like they act like it.....they have more in common with the other enemies of our country than they like to admit...same mentality that we are horrible and should die....and that they can do as they please to us because of some nonsensical self entitlement to our lives and our fear..

don't live in fear...they are just men....like you....
don't give aid and comfort to the enemy....that should be the price for ruining our country and making your people live in fear...

what WAS My best friend is a cop....I no longer respect him....he is a coward, like all...

don't call them....solve it your self and show them they are not wanted...owe them nothing....don't help them...avoid them like you would a terrorist...

make the good ones come out of hibernation and react....
or choose a side already..your people or your co-workers....

edit on 8-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by Aliensun

Where in the US would it be considered odd for two individuals to approach two others, in broad daylight, to ask a question? Lol. There is nothing odd or menacing about it at all. I would argue that most people would find being approached by any number of people during the day harmless, simply because its daylight. But even if you are wary about being approached during the day, its very unlikey that two criminals would target two other people. I get approached by people all the time. People ask for directions and others just strike up random conversation, I never feel threatened. I am from the US in a high crime city. Lol. This guy is just a paranoid gun nut.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Two countries that have Anglo Protestant origins yet one has become secular and paranoid and the other maintained civil European decency thanks to the Commonwealth. American Christianity is corrupted, Pharisees run the show like they did 2k years ago and the only people to blame are themselves for ignoring history.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard in a while, and to think some poor city actually arms that person with a gun and gives em a badge ! I used to love going to the sates for visits in the late 80's and 90's but since 911 I avoid the USA like the plauge.

I live near Calgary and its a very nice city and stampede is huge here so hearing how afraid that cop was was just plain sad.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

I've been to Calgary a few times and even lived there for a bit. The Stampede is about the best time anyone can experience and you don't even have to go to the events. It's a HUGE party, city-wide, and anyone that hasn't experienced it is missing one of North America's greatest get-togethers.

Anyone uncomfortable without their 'carry' in that place and at that time should stick to Disneyland.
edit on 8/8/12 by masqua because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by benrl

The funny thing is he claims that both men came up and said in a "very aggressive" tone..

Really?

You ever hear people from Cowboy Province talk?

quickly moved between these two and my wife, replying, "Gentle-men, I have no need to talk with you, goodbye." They looked bewildered, and we then walked past them.

I speculate they did not have good intentions when they approached in such an aggressive, disrespectful and menacing manner. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ they did not pull a weapon of some sort, but rather concluded it was in their best interest to leave us alone.

This guy is NUTS.

IF he'd had a weapon, he would have pulled it on them according to his demeanor.

Of course these guys looked bewildered, they were being friendly old canadians.

~Tenth

You echoed exactly what was going through my head. They looked bewildered probably cause the cop was being a rude prick. "We have no need to talk to you". Who says that?

If anyone from Canada has ever wondered why people in the US have a problem with Police, look no farther than this article and then ask yourself, what would he have done if he was armed?

Edit to add: And for all those who wonder why people in the US believe in having guns, look no farther than this Cop's own statement...

Yet the police cannot protect everyone all the time. A man should be al-lowed to protect himself if the need arises.

Hmmm imagine that

edit on 8-8-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
You can't blame the cope for being "scared."

I think it's time you came up for a visit so you know just how wrong you are. We'll leave a light on. Beer's in the fridge, eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I'm heading up that way for vacation next week at Marineland Canada and the Niagara Falls area.

I guess I better get ready to be terrified by all those friendly Canadians.

Too bad I have to leave my arsenal at home.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Be sure to take the helicopter ride over the falls and hit up the Clifton Hill area. It's a couple of my favorites for that area.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by FortAnthem

Be sure to take the helicopter ride over the falls and hit up the Clifton Hill area. It's a couple of my favorites for that area.
Maid of the Mist...definitely Maid of the Mist. You have not seen the Falls until you do.

Which all goes to say we are a friendly bunch up here and will spontaneously help out an obvious tourist.

I must add, though, that I likely hit the States about twice a year and I really like Americans. Friendly, outgoing...

I'm sure that this self-same cop would be acting like that in any 'strange' place where he couldn't pack heat, US included. Moron.
edit on 9-8-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments!

I welcome you all to visit sometime soon

edit on 9-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

reply to post by MrWendal

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The helicopter ride looks like it might be out of my price range but we'll most likely check out Clifton Heights and the Maid of the Mist when we do the Falls.

Can't wait to go, this'll be the 1st time the kids have been out of the country. I just hope the weather holds up for us.

edit on 8/9/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join