It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coven's Question of the Day - August 07, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Welcome again; please excuse the commotion

We are very busy here; a cruise just sank in the ocean

Souls to be sorted; deals to be made

Everyone tries to deal; its a despondent parade

They are not going anywhere however; so a moment I have to step away

Come, please direct your attention; to Coven's question of the day!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coven's question of the Day - August 07, 2012

Do you think that crustal displacement theory is possible or has actually happened?

In the 1950' a History professor named George Hapgood came up with the idea of crustal displacement. Stating that the whole of the earths crust could move as one, like the skin of an orange. He claimed that this could explain the disappearance of lost civilizations, namely Atlantis, and that it also explained how some ancient maps appeared to show the coast of Antarctica many hundreds of years before it was believed to have been accurately mapped.

It has been dismissed by 99% of the geological community.

It dose have some interesting aspects though. Like how so many ancient cities have been found recently, some in deep water miles from any coast line. And how some large and good condition fossils are found atop the highest peaks of our world.

So what do you think. A plausible theory or just the flawed idea of a history professor trying to be a geologist?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but 'That's funny...” ― Isaac Asimov

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” ― Marie Curie

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
coven83,

I swear I watched either a video online or saw something on the TV that discussed this very topic. Unfortunately, I cannot (yet) locate the video in question...

If I recall, and this is strictly from my memory of the video (and according to said video), Antarctica "used to be" something like 2000 miles closer to the equator than it is now. "They" believe that this is why there seem to flash frozen mammoths in the northern hemisphere, as the displacement seemed to happen very quickly...

I can only offer this link, which I'm sure has been tossed around here before:

PIRI REIS MAP

I realize that is all about Mr. Hapgood...and if I remember the vid correctly, it was as well...

just a thought...

ETA: In my opinion, a very plausible theory. Kinda like the theory that all the land mass on Earth used to be together, and at some point was broken apart...just look at the puzzle pieces that are our continents today
edit on 8-8-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
coven83,

I swear I watched either a video online or saw something on the TV that discussed this very topic. Unfortunately, I cannot (yet) locate the video in question...

If I recall, and this is strictly from my memory of the video (and according to said video), Antarctica "used to be" something like 2000 miles closer to the equator than it is now. "They" believe that this is why there seem to flash frozen mammoths in the northern hemisphere, as the displacement seemed to happen very quickly...

I can only offer this link, which I'm sure has been tossed around here before:

PIRI REIS MAP

I realize that is all about Mr. Hapgood...and if I remember the vid correctly, it was as well...

just a thought...

ETA: In my opinion, a very plausible theory. Kinda like the theory that all the land mass on Earth used to be together, and at some point was broken apart...just look at the puzzle pieces that are our continents today
edit on 8-8-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

What this guy said. And im no geologist, but why isn't that plausible? aha.

new topics

join