It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek authorities conducting mass arrests of undocumented immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It looks like they mean business in Greece.

The last 72 hours has mobilized 4,500 police around Athens and detaining more than 7,000 immigrants !!

Wow ...... 2,000 actually arrested.

from The Raw Story -- Aug 7, 2012

Greek authorities have begun one of the country’s biggest crackdowns yet on suspected illegal immigrants, deploying 4,500 police around Athens and detaining more than 7,000 immigrants in less than 72 hours.

Most have been released, but about 2,000, mostly Africans and Asians, were arrested. They were sent to holding centres pending deportation in an operation that officials, bizarrely, elected to call Xenios Zeus after the Greek god of hospitality.............

“We will not allow our towns, or our country, to be occupied and become a migrant ghetto,” said Athens’ hardline public-order minister, Nikos Dendias, as authorities discussed plans to build eight detention centres capable of holding up to 10,000 immigrants, in the capital.

There seems to be some real "immigration" problems in Greece lately.

see the article....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good for them!!!!
I wish we would do this in the US.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, given that this was apparently about illegal immigrants, not racial.....I guess she just had real bad timing, huh? A few days later....she could have pointed to her own nation for the inspiration and blamed them.

Greek Athlete Ousted for Tweet

Bad break on that one. Yikes....

Since Greece is off the financial cliff and in a free fall now...or so it seems, I suppose it's finally occurred to them that they can't support their own citizens AND whoever happens to physically make in onto their soil. We could learn something from that, I'm sure....
edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Greece is an amazing country with great people. Good for them for not letting it be taken over by illegal aliens.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by xuenchen

Good for them!!!!
I wish we would do this in the US.

Can we give our illegals a free one way ticket to Greece?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Good for Greece they are only trying to defend their country.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
One shouldn't be surprised about something like this given Greece's fall to the back of the financial headlines since Spain has jumped to the fore. I wonder if the PTB in Greece know that things are going to get worse quickly and want to remove the any foreign non-ethnic Greek influence on whatever the outcome is. Or, perhaps this is an endeavor to relieve some of the anger that had a veritable neo-nazi party show up in one of the elections earlier this year.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

The Greeks have not just begun to not like illegals, they have always hated illegals. Asian, North African, Eastern European, does not matter. Prior to the Euro, unless you could prove Greek blood, you could not purchase property in Greece. You could rent on a temporary visa, but you could not buy. The Greeks as a people don't like anyone but Greeks. Get to know a serious Greek family outside of Greece. They generally don't marry outside the Greek community and have a very tight relationship with Greece and the Greek culture.

I've lived in Greece and have a large Greek quarter of the family. Ask someone on a Greek island what they think of all of the Russians and Germans who have bought homes on island. They will go on a 10 minute.rant. Should the Greeks leave the Euro, they will confiscate the property of the non-Greek Europeans and kick them the hell out of there. If not that, they will place an absurd level of property tax on foreign owned property and kick them out that way.

As long as the Greeks were getting their welfare, benefits and pensions for doing nothing or their pay for 30 hours work at a job where it is impossible to fire someone, retirement at 55, sweet benefits, they did not care. When those benefits are being cut, they won't tolerate the illegals and they will toss them out. They might be released tonight, but the Greeks will remove them, either legally or by driving them out.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by jefwane

The Greeks have not just begun to not like illegals, they have always hated illegals. Asian, North African, Eastern European, does not matter. Prior to the Euro, unless you could prove Greek blood, you could not purchase property in Greece. You could rent on a temporary visa, but you could not buy. The Greeks as a people don't like anyone but Greeks. Get to know a serious Greek family outside of Greece. They generally don't marry outside the Greek community and have a very tight relationship with Greece and the Greek culture.

I've lived in Greece and have a large Greek quarter of the family. Ask someone on a Greek island what they think of all of the Russians and Germans who have bought homes on island. They will go on a 10 minute.rant. Should the Greeks leave the Euro, they will confiscate the property of the non-Greek Europeans and kick them the hell out of there. If not that, they will place an absurd level of property tax on foreign owned property and kick them out that way.

As long as the Greeks were getting their welfare, benefits and pensions for doing nothing or their pay for 30 hours work at a job where it is impossible to fire someone, retirement at 55, sweet benefits, they did not care. When those benefits are being cut, they won't tolerate the illegals and they will toss them out. They might be released tonight, but the Greeks will remove them, either legally or by driving them out.

Kind of like the genocide the Greeks committed against the Macedonians? Illegally seized land belong to the nation of Macedonia? And then these "Greeks" who have zero genetic relationship to the Ancient Greeks try to act like they are anything but genocidal butchers. I am sure the 500'000 Macedonians would also like land that rightfully belonged to them.

Don't get me wrong, I support a nation that wants to kick out illegals/unwanted immigrants, but the Greeks are a miserable nation of liars and heritage stealers.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have Greek friends that I chat too on a regular basis and they have always had a problem with immigrants. From the Russian and polish in the early/mid nineties to the Africans and Asians now It's not something that has just come about

What surprises me is that no one yet has put 2 and 2 together and realised that this has only started happening since they voted in a very right wing government .....Somewhat like the Nazis did to the Jews once they were voted into power in the 1930's .........

Thinking out the box now because this is a conspiracy site and that's why I love it ....What if the Greeks where to be set up as this century's bad guy's???? It could explain why they took stock of so many German tanks last year

edit on 10-8-2012 by Mahatmacoat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join