It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding In plain sight... What is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
About 10 minutes from my house and about 15-20 minutes west of Fermi Lab is a strange house surrounded by some serious satellite/antenna equipment.

Anybody have any idea what this would be used for?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Could be anything to be honest. Set up could be commercial use, repeating tv/radio signals or a very avid hobbyist.

Does not look like anything sinister. but who knowwsss

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
you have a much better chance of finding out by knocking on your neighbours door and asking him.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I figured it would be a long shot...

But I figured somebody might have a similar setup and could have a good guess?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Extreme hobbyist is my guess, I'd go knock and ask like the above poster said.
The person there just might give you the full on tour.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

That is a rural cable head-end.

The antennas on the tower are cut-to-channel Yagi's for receiving television signals off-air.
The one at the very top is a Quad-Array, usually used to pull in distant signals, ie 70+miles.

The satellite dishes are picking up signals off satellite for retransmission on the cable system.

Notice all the a/c units around the building? There are racks full of equipment inside that are taking the TV and SAT signals and multiplexing them together so you can watch the Olympics.

edit on 7-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah also tell them about this forum and invite them to come join the conversation.

edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Check to see if a wifi is online ( see name ) ?

Are the dishes motorized, ( able to track ) ?

Are there trash cans if so ? What size ?

What sort of drapes do the window's have ?

Is there visible light from within during the night ?

All of the above make an addictive conspiracy real.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The op doesn't give enough information but here is where you can run what you do know and likely get back some license information

FCC Licensing Database

It might take a bit since this one doesn't allow address narrowing that I could see but how many with that tower and what it's got on it can there be in one town? Combine what else can be seen for what should show up in the database and I'm guessing you can get a lot figured out with some time and experimenting with process of elimination?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh, he's just looking for aliens.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Now that's what I'm talking about... This is exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks bro

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

That is a rural cable head-end.

The antennas on the tower are cut-to-channel Yagi's for receiving television signals off-air.
The one at the very top is a Quad-Array, usually used to pull in distant signals, ie 70+miles.

The satellite dishes are picking up signals off satellite for retransmission on the cable system.

Notice all the a/c units around the building? There are racks full of equipment inside that are taking the TV and SAT signals and multiplexing them together so you can watch the Olympics.

Heyyy thats what i said...with a bit more information

You can find these repeating stations near uneven country side were some radio/tv signals have trouble reaching!
edit on 7-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Which is exactly where it is located!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

As a matter of fact, the lower antennas are pointing to the east/northeast towards Chicago, while the one on top looks to be pointing towards the north/northwest Milwaukee? Madison? Dubuque maybe?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

As a matter of fact, the lower antennas are pointing to the east/northeast towards Chicago, while the one on top looks to be pointing towards the north/northwest Milwaukee? Madison? Dubuque maybe?

How did u know which way they are pointing?

Lol

The sun?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The sun and the positions of the satellite dishes. All dishes in N America point south, as the satellites are in orbit around the equator.

new topics

top topics

join