It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Cop, who says we don't acknowledge when cops do well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wisconsin Temple Shooting HERO Cop Brian Murphy Shot 8 Times

A police officer shot at least eight times in the neck and extremities outside the Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis, waved off fellow officers attempting to rescue him and indicated they should assist others still inside.

Lt. Brian Murphy, 51, was shot Sunday and is now recovering in the hospital after a second surgery, Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards said. The 21-year veteran of the police force is expected to survive.

one thing to say about this.

what a B.A.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let him have his parade

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We acknowledge that this officer is brave and a shining example for others across the country. But as to the statement that the good things police do dont get enough attention comes down to one simple thing I think.
You will always get more attention for NOT doing your job than when you actually perform the charge issued you.

Your gratitude for doing your job comes in the form of a paycheck and accommodations. The repercussions that come from not doing your job come in th from the negative attention it garners.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
We acknowledge that this officer is brave and a shining example for others across the country. But as to the statement that the good things police do dont get enough attention comes down to one simple thing I think.
You will always get more attention for NOT doing your job than when you actually perform the charge issued you.

Your gratitude for doing your job comes in the form of a paycheck and accommodations. The repercussions that come from not doing your job come in th from the negative attention it garners.

very true, im just a firm believer in positive reinforcement. secondly, everyone likes to know they are doing a good job.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I admit that cops don't get enough recognition when they do a really good job and there's no way im a cop hater but im not sure just getting shot makes you a hero. It just unfortunate in a dangerous job.

edit on 7-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I admit that cops don't get enough recognition when they do a really good job and there's no way im a cop hater but im not sure just getting shot makes you a hero. It just unfortunate in a dangerous job.

the "hero" part IMO, was after he was shot, he waved medical assistance to go help the victims inside first.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

the "hero" part IMO, was after he was shot, he waved medical assistance to go help the victims inside first.

At that point he was being considerate (and maybe not thinking straight) not necessarily heroic.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

OK, I read through the whole article and somehow missed the part where he whines about cops not getting recognition when they do well.

The whole point of the article was to make him out to be a hero because he waived off aid for himself.

While there is a tendency for places like ATS and some media outlets to focus on the negative stories involving police, I have found that, for the most part, the public still tends to put police up on a pedestal and most folks still think pretty highly of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Dizrael

OK, I read through the whole article and somehow missed the part where he whines about cops not getting recognition when they do well.

The whole point of the article was to make him out to be a hero because he waived off aid for himself.

While there is a tendency for places like ATS and some media outlets to focus on the negative stories involving police, I have found that, for the most part, the public still tends to put police up on a pedestal and most folks still think pretty highly of them.

sorry, i should have specified, this was in response to another thread bashing crappy police work. that the only time they come up in news is when they screw up.

new topics

top topics

join