It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Forum Lurker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hello all… well I admit to being somewhat of a lurker on this site now for many years. ATS has always been somewhat of a ‘go-to’ site for me & my many questions regarding affairs both current, not so current & those that are ‘yet-to-be’. I have come to view ATS as that healthy dose of sanity (& sometimes insanity) that I oftentimes crave when faced with what I consider to be unfair, impenetrable & inescapable institutions beyond my own four walls.

I must also admit that I trust in nature far more than I do technology so am in some part a bit of a luddite, although I do recognise that those who fight for freedoms (or at least agree our freedoms are being taken from us) need a forum dedicated to the expression & protection of said freedoms now so more than ever; and those places are sites on the internet; sites such as this one. I just don’t choose to get too comfortable with tech these days ‘cause I think that before long, we’ll be having to reach back in time for skills & wisdoms we have been long since or almost forgotten instead of reaching forward to clutch a mouse & clatter on a keyboard. To this end I have a series of survival kits prepared just in case of… what have you guys called it here… Sit. X? (fail to prepare then prepare to fail & all that)

I have most recently decided to join ATS due to certain disconcerting realities that are unfolding surrounding certain financial institutions, certain shootings & just the sheer volume of compelling data blatantly pointing to the giant, horrific holes in the ’official stories’ (holes that are roughly truth-shaped) & the wide reaching, stark implications they hint at (9/11, 7/7, & the subsequent ‘War On Terror, et al) I like to think I do as much research on a given topic as humanly possible (whist trying to balance my own life alongside it) before I just launch into a theory I may have; to be as concise in my mind as I possibly can be with what limited information I can get my hands on out there. I think ultimately I am seeking strength in numbers; it can get pretty lonely, frightening even when you are isolated & reading subject matters so thick with doom they could choke a whale.

I have a wide array of interests most of which ATS caters for (some are dated but still tickle me) & try to respect everyone’s perspective on any given matter, even if they monumentally collide with my own. Some may consider this a weakness, I consider it a necessity in this growing climate of uncertainty. I genuinely believe that a majority of those on the periphery of society are divided on small, insignificant details whilst ignoring the huge similarities they share, be they philosophical or otherwise.

I’m currently a proud parent who has recently worked for the central library of my town in the north of England. In my past I have practiced ceremonial magick, chaos magick & now just dabble in various bits. If I had to pigeonhole myself I would say I am somewhat of a pagan; I follow natures cycles when & where I can & have observed phenomena I could not rationally explain away. I tend to agree with Clarke/Niven/Pratchett; “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”. I put great stock in science, am still trying to wrap my head around quantum physics & find psychology fascinating, especially anything by Jung. But, to quote The Stranger in The Big Lebowski, ‘Heck, I’m ramblin’.’

I look forward to possibly bumping into some of you on my travels around ATS.
Have a productive, insightful day all, wherever you may hail from.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

edit on 7-8-2012 by reclaimed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TaranEerie

hello! you seem a well writen fellow, i hope to see your input around the forums and such, welcome to ats!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Welcome TaranEerie

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

top topics

join