It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automobiles and cell phones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think automobiles screwed the world up.

Jobs would be in walking distance if it werent for automobiles.

Now you cant get a job in walking distance becuase people with automobiles have taken them job positions over all through your area.

There would be more stores - that means more businesses - which means more jobs - if it weren't for automobiles.

Nowadays it is expected that everyone have an automobile and a cell phone and a computer with internet access.

I don't get how you are supposed obey the law and stay at a car accident scene you're involved in if you've got no cell phone and know there aren't anymore payphones available.

Damn! They took away payphones because of cell phones?! WTF! That means no more making calls that wont lead back to you. You cell phone users must like being tracked. People are a bunch of hypocrites, acting like they are against big brother tracing them, when lo and behold, they are for purchasing cell phones to use which are made to be traced.

I'd rather use a land line rather than a cell phone tower.

I think both automobiles and cell phones ruined this world.

Discuss.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm driving around all day and I have almost gotten hit so many times cause the idiots that text and drive are so stupid!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You want to call without being tracked? Use a burner phone. Buy it with cash. No problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
You want to call without being tracked? Use a burner phone. Buy it with cash. No problem.

Whats a "burner" phone?

People who drive AND use the phone at the same time should face severe punishment.
It's been proven that even Hands free usage makes a driver more impaired than a driver who's consumed alcohol.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

It's all a conspiracy set up by the damn postcard industry.

But I do get your sentiment.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

That's right, last week I nearly crashed into a guy that cut me off while on his handsfree phone.

It's still very distracting.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Jerry Reed wrote the ultimate automobile rant back in 1973.

Turn the volume up and enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join