It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Snow Record

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Nice pictures.

For those saying that this isn't all that rare:

Snow event first in recorded history: It is probably the first time ever that snow has fallen in all nine of South Africa’s provinces on the same day.

Kenosi Machepa from the SA Weather Service said this when referring to the vast cold front that brought snow to Pretoria for the first time since the late 1960s, reported Beeld. In the Western Cape, snow fell on mountains in the Boland as well as in towns like Richmond and Touws River while snow was lying thick on the Matroosberg in Ceres. In Johannesburg, snow was lying up to 20cm deep in some areas while Golden Gate in the Free State got the most snow in six years. In Bethlehem, snow was up to 70cm deep and schools were closed due to the weather. There was also snow in Mpumalanga and Limpopo while light snow fell in the North West. The weather office said the cold would continue for another day or two.

Article

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I live in JHB. We have had a relatively mild winter this year in fact so mild that the almond tree was already flowering 2 weeks ago and the plum tree has already made green buds for flowers. This is a month or more early for these plants.

Then it snows....

The dogs loved it
My silly GSD were catching and eating snow balls and rolling around in the stuff.

edit on 10/88/12 by Elentarri because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
^ He seems to have the same pose and expression as the Lion on the first page, haha.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I reckon you saffas are being punished for your constant cheating in the game thats played in heaven. Especially that Schulk Burger guy…. He's a real thug… Makes Richie McCheat look like an angel.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Elentarri

Beautiful photo of your dog. Reminds so much of the lion!

reply to post by homerJ

Oh, Schalk Burger is quite a legend for many South African rugby fans, thug or not

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I live in the southern Drakensberg. We get snow that settles in our yards for more than a day only every 2 to 4 years. This is what my boys and I did yesterday:

It was supposed to become a proper igloo. Project abandoned due to severe back ache!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join