It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a reputable source to deny ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm sitting here laughing this wonderful day reading stories of those out there who have posted about many topics that interest them that others have passed judgments upon as frauds. One of my favorite topics is anything extraterrestrial in nature. It's amazing how many require proof of the stories they read by their own predetermined "reputable" sources. We all know that there are sites out there that have many instances of pure b.s. and outright disinformation. I could name 5 off the top of my head as I type this.

The gray area has a few of the forerunners of this modus operandi of thinking. If the source isn't of the ilk of NASA or other space programs of the world, or not to mention, scientists or professors that are of their own predetermined stamp of approval for whatever reasons, they will not hear any of the source topic and will mock it, with some debasing the OP or anyone that finds that their topic could be somehow plausible. Remember, NASA NEVER lies. And they never have. There are no "esteemed" professionals of collegiate academe that would lie, misconstrue or manufacture complete falsities or embellish facts that they see the way they do... That's UNHEARD of. It reminds me of those out there who strap onto the words of their favorite politician. Politicians in this country do not lie. Why would they? They speak so well and they went to that prestigious college. Those are the things that should matter right? Forget that guy who busted his ass to try to get to the same place but could not afford to go to that prestigious college. He may have the same answer or even a better answer to my question, but the guy who is in all of the papers, and has his face all over the books - HE is the one to run to! His opinion and answers are the say all end all! He has the sheepskin on his wall to prove it. So, I don't care about your silly little post, because those impeccable pillars of honesty and virtue didn't cite it, so your post is a HOAX.

Wouldn't it be interesting if some of those out there who have not had the fame or the notoriety actually prove something that the mainstream "reputable" sources cannot. Wouldn't that be interesting? I read a post on here earlier where someone stated "I don't recognize any of the people mentioned in the study." "This is a hoax." That's right! It's a hoax! That study didn't happen! There were no "reputable" well known, honest pillars of society that our brain dead society feeds off of like mosquitoes to blood, so it's a moot and pointless story. Is there anyone here naive enough to believe that those in higher places than others do not lie,often to feed their own agenda and over-inflated egos? Wouldn't it be an interesting thing to learn that the alternative news outlets may actually be reporting some things that are truth that the mainstream media will not, due to their own vested interests, possibly to the fear of their corporate overlords?

I find it laughable that this site, which I like reading the posts of, whose motto is to deny ignorance, many members counter with ignorance. How does one deny ignorance with ignorance? How is making someone feel stupid for posting something that they find interesting by basically saying what they posted is b.s. seeking truth? Some on here do not even look into proving the topic posted. It sounds ridiculous to them, and because they cannot see it being true, it must be a hoax. This is my answer to those people who have posted comments saying that this site is not what it used to be. I wouldn't know, I am still new but this is my response to it, by some things I have read on here.

This is one of those posts that either you will agree with, or you won't. But keep one thing in mind. I am not one of those that had the dubious fortune of being a well known "pioneer" of the examples mentioned in this post, so therefore, this source is not reputable. And I am still laughing at those who counter ignorance with ignorance.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Actually, I've been on/saw many threads lately where a hypothesis is presented, then proven or disproven, with the correct research, and a long process of some twists bumps and turns.

Ill offer you an example off the top of my head:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We had some ups and downs, but we got there in the end.

There are some lazy people, who are ignorant, and fail to reasearch their beliefs, or hypothosies,

But not everyone here does, as a new comer here, I think you might be better off not passing judgement until you actually know the ins and outs,

And instead of asking for reputable sources, go and find them.

IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I appreciate the input. I know what you are saying. But regardless of my new presence here, it is something I notice from time to time. My being new does not change that. I mean no disrespect in my words toward you. The needing reputable sources was sarcasm. Please do not take it that I imply everyone here. I would never say that.

join