It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows it will not allow Assad to fall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What did you expect from Iran? They have to talk tough.....they are comitted and they will honour their committment because they are using Syria for a number of things.....
As to how theyll get the troops there, ...Commercial airliner.....They will fly them into Damascus or other place in commercial jets....
Thats my guess.....the scenario has been mentioned and the accusation made already back when....
Iran could ship a lot of troops in a half dozen 747 or other planes.
I am sure Assad has plenty of heavy armour, and artillery, just ground pounders to occupy and hold are whats needed....
The Syrian army can hold onto wherever it is, itjust cant be everywhere all the time.....
Iran could do Assad a great favour with 10,000 of its best......
Just with their personal weapons would do.....
I would watch the scheduled flights to increase or pilgrimages to Damascus to pick up tempo maybe...?....
Iran will have to piut up or shut up soon......
They cannot keep backing up into the corner for ever.....they will come out with EVERYTHING THEY HAVE WHEN THEY DO TOO......!
If They start the Ball, id look for a MASSIVE missile swarm to get it rolling.....
Thats the Iranians only real offense available to them......
The rest is back up stuff.....the flying boats and the speedboats with rpgs etc...the mines and the subs and the missiles are the only cards they have for trumps i think.....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I want to make a comment to this whole thing and it's a touchy situation for me because I'd like to think of more than one on this thread as friends, despite 'sides' or topic...while this subject invites 'energetic' debate at the very least. That can so quickly turn to debate with an edge and then outright challenge and fight.

I want to say this though... The same threads on Iran and Syria for the fundamental basics run a few times a week, every week and have for months. Clear back into last year. Same points, counter-points and generally, the same path from great debate to angry statements aimed with malice.

I know I am no maven of the web...My skills at research are hard developed, but among THIS crowd? I don't feel it's anything special...the work keeps me at a current level with everyone else. Having said that, why is it these threads almost always carry shallow news stories, quotes of quotes and 2 minute cut/paste jobs with no follow-up or depth?

I know it takes work and it takes ...gawd..I don't want to go there for how many hours....it takes work though to fill the notebooks and go blind at places like Cryptome and others..reading many versions of the same events just to get a feel for the truth most accurate among the lies.....but... It's all out there.

Why so little of it seems to enter when I know some of these threads have some of the best people ATS currently enjoys for well thought out and serious contributors? It just seems ....an opportunity lost. Each time the threads dealing with the foundations of World War III come and go...with little more than soundbytes and misplaced quotes which leave the lurkers and watchers as confused as they ever started for the topic.

Sorry...I don't mean to ramble.. it's frustrating sometimes. So much info people would go away feeling truly grateful to have...but seemingly left on the table in favor of CNN or Fox quotes that come from a quote 3-4 levels back and all too often, a match to see who can pee further....while missing the fact, it's the truth and depth of knowledge being pissed on at the end. (pardon my French)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

"Iran will never allow the resistance axis - of which Syria is an essential pillar - to break. What is happening in Syria is not an internal issue but a conflict between the axis of resistance on one hand, and the regional and global enemies of this axis on the other,” he said.

It's when I start reading stuff like this that I get somewhat concerned about their ambitions or objectives.

You can't be very optimistic when a country like Iran, which has been pressed by the West with international isolation and sanctions, starts talking in a matter of division, or taking sides. Going as further as naming it "axis of resistance".

Resistance to what? To whom? When is that resistance going to happen? And what type of resistance?

Just thinking out loud, since every time we heard the word "axis" related to politics, nothing good came out after.
edit on 7-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: corrected

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I can not remember that Iran directly steped in, we have witnessed many wars between Hamas, Hezbullah and Israel the role of Iran is somehow financial, Ideologic and training. even regarding the situation in Syria, Iran strongly wants Assad to boost up the reforms. this way it can calm the people and have their support. no one can overthrow a government that has people's support. even if you look at what happened in Syria you can find well that the protests started from small cities at the borders so Assad has not a rough way to collect the support of people.
moreover Syria has it's own army and well equiped by Russia. even before Iran feels that it is necessary to have some sort of direct intervention, this is Russia that will step in !
believe me we are witnessing two sort of alliance, 1-resistance Alliance 2-eastern Alliance both of them are concerned about Syria but they have completely different points of views. Syria is very important for Russia, as it is allergenic to Nato and always tried to be part of western alliance in resolutions against Iran or about Libya, but Syria is something else. especially with Putin in power they will do whatever they can to hold Syria as one of their camps ! and whenever Russia is concerned China is concerned as well.
the role of Iran in the resistance alliance is not a foreign military power. and it's military capabilities is short range defensive. but they will want Russia to play this role, what Russia will do it even without their want !
moreover the people of Syria are witnessing that some monarchy governments (the Gulf arabs) are playing the role of democracy wanting in Syria. this people are not stupid and can not tolerate it they love their country like others.
with these situations in the middle east, which all the Arab governments are under knife, Bahrain, Yemen, Saudi, Egypt, even Jordan. what if the anger of people boost to moon, then where they want to escape !
and about Turkey, it has really huge trades with Iran and it can not play freely in this game. regarding the kidnapping Iran has sent another representative to Turkey too. regarding how Iran plays smoothy, it is enough to say that they just always prefer to blame USA not even Turkey or EU !

edit on 7-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

As to how theyll get the troops there, ...Commercial airliner.....They will fly them into Damascus or other place in commercial jets.

This article supports that.

openchannel.nbcnews.com...
edit on 7-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with all your points.

Is there truly a non-biased source of information? Does Switzerland have some investigative journalists/historians?

I have observed that threads such as this move very quickly and if your not fast on your sourcing, you are lost in the shuffle.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

No, I wouldn't say there is any master source for truth... lol.. Don't we all wish there were? I suppose sourcing back what each major new claim or point is talking about would let everyone do what they generally come here to do, IMO. Look at what everyone brings...consider it all...then decide what each believes is the truth.

It's sure challenging when sources are 1 level deep though eh? I don't recall which story I was back-checking and link hopping yesterday but I came to the realization that I'd seen Fox, CNN, ABC and NBC stories for it. It wasn't until the last that it hit me....the 3 paragraphs I was looking for were the same wording, spacing and context for overall meaning all ALL of them. Hmm.. At least we aren't the only ones where fact checking and diversity of sources is...a little light sometimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Could not agree with you more. Unfortunately we are forced to utilizes sources will biased perspectives, even primary sources are biased.

We accept the validity of information based on the credibility of the witness/researcher and if it can be supported with other sources on the same topic. Unfortunately, everything we view/read has some kind of spin behind it.

Conflict is never clear cut, and it is rarely non-opinionated, everyone wants to tell their side of the story, and up to us to sort truth from embellishment….Its a tough task.

To be painfully blunt, most people are painfully ignorant of what is going on outside of a 10k radius of their homes and rely on MSM + questionable news sources for the rest. We just hope that at some point the facts will be presented.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I want to say this though... The same threads on Iran and Syria for the fundamental basics run a few times a week, every week and have for months. Clear back into last year

Many of the posters involved have been around for a few years and many of us are familiar with each others views, stances and sources of information because as you have stated we do this weekly but going back longer than last year but multiple years.

I know it takes work and it takes ...gawd..I don't want to go there for how many hours....it takes work though to fill the notebooks and go blind at places like Cryptome and others..reading many versions of the same events just to get a feel for the truth most accurate among the lies.....but... It's all out there.

Why so little of it seems to enter when I know some of these threads have some of the best people ATS currently enjoys for well thought out and serious contributors? It just seems ....an opportunity lost. Each time the threads dealing with the foundations of World War III come and go...with little more than soundbytes and misplaced quotes which leave the lurkers and watchers as confused as they ever started for the topic.

I'm assuming many are similar in that we continually read up on the topic outside of ATS. I know I read all the MSM news, P)ressTV and RT just to name a few so I can get a larger picture of the situation. Even though all of them have agendas and tweak the truth.

Having said that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

So when many of us jump into a thread such as this we are already aware of the latest developments and have thought about possible debating points I know I do while reading the latest offsite morning news.

Just a habit

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All fair points, to be sure Slayer You always make well thought out ones.

I've also bent over backwards and done contortions not to mention names specifically because what I noted applies here, in my opinion, but applies as much or more across the site as a whole lately. Sourcing and Fact checking seems to be what "someone else does..." except..more and more..it seems, EVERYONE is assuming that exact same thing while no one checks to see who that "someone" is suppose to be and whether they are off checking anything after all.

The thread here seemed to be especially fit for this because Iran's support of Syria, in many ways, is pure established fact of Aircraft flight records, shipping records and land vehicle stops and seizures of the little bit going from Iran to Syria that they have got. Yet... some, still debate with open sincerity whether ANY such support even exists.

Ever get the feeling lately that the color of the sky and the very make up of the air we breathe would be open to debate and question from all sides some days if we weren't each sitting in the topic matter?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by superman2012

Seriously?

What?

Convenient amnesia? Didn't we have a long discussion about this a few months back where you were the one saying Iran are experts at Asymmetrical warfare and other covert activities?

edit on 7-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Nope, no amnesia. You just don't remember it properly, or I don't. I'm sure I stated that they are very good (don't believe I used the word "experts", but there you go again) at asymmetrical warfare, but that is a far cry from invading. Asymmetrical warfare was used against US troops in Afghanistan by, yup you guessed it, Afghanistan people. Not North Koreans, not Hondurans, not even Canadians (
). It is a way to strike back using means to exploit your enemy's weaknesses. I don't think I had to explain the meaning of it to you in that thread.
So to respond. Yes. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Rather obvious they are lying about being in Syria as Iran has been in Syria for quite sometime.

Rather sad how naive some people are Iran the saints which is laughable.

China is lying eh?

Seyed Mohammad Marandi from the University of Tehran,

Iranian scholars has exactly zero credibility with me and here is why

That is quite the generalization.
Still waiting for any confirmed links

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But if anybody else makes claims such as that then they are declared Warmongers.

Iran is Syria's neighbor, the USA is not, and the USA needs to stop its usual warmongering and its history of the most military interventions out of any nation.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So are Turkey and Jordon. They are even closer neighbors. They'll have a thing or two to say about the situation.

No?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes they do, but Turkey is doing so at the behest of NATO's urging and USA is the most powerful NATO member so whatever the USA says goes, for any NATO member.

Jordan can interfere all on its own if it feels threatened and not serve as a proxy to US forces how the US and Arab countries are doing in syria by arming terrorists.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

AND Russia is supplying humanitarian aid?

Obviously they are meant for "Humanitarian aid" purposes.

Right...?

Pot meet Kettle.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You know as well as I do that they were delivered in accordance with a 2008 contract to repair three Mi-25s. All they were doing was delivering them. I would be more worried about the US supplying the rebels (with Al Qaeda in the mix) with the rebels doing just as nasty things as the Syrian gov't. Pot meet pot?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

What the hell was this comment eh?

Considering the 48 kidnapped Iranians by the FSA terrorists Iran now has a very good reason to get involve

That is one hell of a generalization feel free find confirmation somewhere else not here to spoon feed people.

Do what everyone else does their own leg work.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
its unbelievable that these "crazed" dictators never use these wmd's to save their own lives knowing that they'll be executed if overthrown.

we all know they aren't crazy, they are just in the way of the oil.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

IS that the same turkey who denied US air access during IRaq?

IS that the same turkey who closed a port to the Us for Iraq?

Is that the same turkey who was killing the Kurds in Northern Iraq?

Yeah believe it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join