It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows it will not allow Assad to fall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Iran can talk all it likes but the fact is the Syrian military and leadership are changing sides at a break neck speed. Nobody wants to be left supporting Assad when the Syrian people demand justice for has gone on. Assad could have handled this different. When it was just unarmed peaceful protests he could have avoided the use of deadly force. As soon as he had the Army shooting its own unarmed people they started changing sides and turned it into a shooting war. A shooting war he can not win.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
That is rich sounds like Iran warmongering and my personal favorite Iran is bullying the Syrian people FSA.

Had IRan not sent 15,000 troops to Syria maybe those people wouldn't been kidnapped.

Oh well.

15,000 troops? Do you have a link? Man, I'm out of the loop.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yep its RT afterall they never lie!

www.rt.com...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yet you and many others here help keep up this facade that Iran is some sort of great military power that will do untold amounts of damage to US forces or ANYBODY else. Meanwhile reality sets in and we see this for what it is Iran spewing out of it's backside stirring the pot.

While exposing just how impotent they truly are.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It would be nice if there were any Syrians in the FSA...

Yes, it would be nice if this was an actual rebellion versus a foreign backed attempt at regime change.

This source might be considered bias so take it with a grain of salt but if the claims are true then it just goes and proves that we have foreign mercenaries fighting under the disguise of the "FSA freedom fighters".

As Syrian media is reporting the capture of military officers from foreign nations in Aleppo, the city which has a heavy presence of the Western-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA) terrorist organization, the Secretary General of the United Nations is refusing to condemn the kidnapping of Iranian pilgrims in Syria.

theintelhub.com...

I wonder what percentage of the FSA are actually from Syria

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Iranian pilgrims/fighters will be executed.,forcing Iran to react!!! The MSM will switch its focus to "Israel V Iran,...the final battle!" The U.S., ehem!, NATO will take control of syrian skies and carpet-bomb the be-jayzus out of the syrian air defence allowing Israel a free run in the sky as the crow flies to drop their new "mother of all bombs" on Iranian nuke sites and tehran! This will all be done by November and Obama will be back in office in time to have cornflakes with the kids!! While the rest of the us can go do you know what to ourselves

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yet you and many others here help keep up this facade that Iran is some sort of great military power that will do untold amounts of damage to US forces or ANYBODY else. Meanwhile reality sets in and we see this for what it is Iran spewing out of it's backside stirring the pot.

While exposing just how impotent they truly are.

Please source how I have said they are a great military power capable of moving their army across vast distances in order to retaliate or invade. I think I have stated that they are more than capable of defending themselves. Again, twist my words, but please don't put them in my mouth.

Defensive capabilities are quite different than offensive capabilities. You should know that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
They do have WMD's and this isn't Iraq, so your point is moot.

That's all I wanted to see you admit.

Why don't you addresss some of the other content from the post you responded to. I addressed all your points that mentioned, yet you respond with a "witty" one liner

I'm starting to see a trend here Slayer. Perhaps you should try addressing the rest of my post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yep its RT afterall they never lie!

www.rt.com...

From your linked article:

Seyed Mohammad Marandi from the University of Tehran, speaking to RT regarding the troops, dismissed the news as “basically Western propaganda” and attributed the claims to erroneous information received by the Chinese media. “Iran has no troops in the country. Iran has never had troops involved in the problems within Syria.” “Someone in the Chinese media has been receiving information that is completely false,” said Marandi. He went on to say that the Iranian government supports Assad al-Bashar’s regime, but at the same time emphasized the fact that foreign intervention goes against Iranian policy.

Have any confirmed links? If true, I haven't heard it before. Although that isn't saying much!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Another revelation of the Persian Apostate wannabe-god-on-earth's hand. I weep for my fellow human brothers and sisters living in Iran under him. It shows he, and his beliefs, cared nothing for humans, let alone citizens.

Just remember, Iranians would take them before any western influence taking over Iran..

The fact remains - which nation on Earth would pound mercilessly upon innocent men, women and children enmass with heavy artillery, gunships, fighter bombers and evil militia men for more than a year and a half, and continued to do so, while the world does nothing ?

Lets start with the rebels who have made a habit of trying to take over cities in Syria, hide among the people and most likely are killing innocents along the way. Ths is not just a Pro-Government issue. The rebels are also terrorising people who do not support them. The rebels are beig funded by foreign sources which makes not just Assad accountable but everyone who is chipping in to keep the fuel burning.

Worse are those that support these atrocity and the humanslayer supporters talking Himmler-like lies to support the beasts, even here

I can find...no words... to say more....but weep for the suffering....not just in Syria, but all over our world ruled by fear, cowardice, apathy to those in power....

The ones who are supporting and egging those atrocities on are no-one less than our leaders along with the leaders of anti Assad/Pro west countries. As I said above, everyone who has a stake in the uprising should be held accountable for the deaths of innocent civilians in Syria... Assad is only doing what any leader would against a internal/foreign enemy. The USA would do the same, other countries would also. The Arab spring is a perfect example, Bahrain etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Had IRan not sent 15,000 troops to Syria maybe those people wouldn't been kidnapped.

That's the first I have heard of this claim.

Care to provide any sources to back this up?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Maybe I can't type out more than 1 reply at a time ?

Also my question wasn't just directed at that poster either.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Oh so Rt isn't good enough eh?

That really is rich coming from this crowd.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I asked a question don't accuse me of something I haven't done.
How will Tehran get their forces to Syria?

As odd as it sounds, it appears they simply drive it there...Fly it there...and occasionally, send a few Iranian warships on a goodwill tour or some such crap. I'm guessing the personal deliveries are for the real good stuff they can't risk getting nailed on a UN checkpoint.

The kinds of arms that Iran was attempting to send to Syria before the shipments were seized by Turkish authorities included assault rifles, machineguns, explosives, detonators, 60mm and 120mm mortal shells and other items, the panel said.

The most recent incident described in the report was an arms shipment discovered in a truck that Turkey seized on its border with Syria in February. Turkey announced last year that it was imposing an arms embargo on Syria.
Source

The twice monthly flights from Tehran to Damascus to Caracas and back the other direction have been going on for a few years now that I can fin, References in 09, 10 and 11 show that little air service actually runs reliably. At least someone gets good service on their planes. lol....

Anyway... Games within Games and an Onion with no end to it. That's what comes to mind with the Middle East as we see it today. eh?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Seriously?

What?

Convenient amnesia? Didn't we have a long discussion about this a few months back where you were the one saying Iran are experts at Asymmetrical warfare and other covert activities?

edit on 7-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Syrian rebels claim that the 48 Iranians it kidnapped on Saturday are members of the elite Iranian Revolutionary Guards and not pilgrims as Iran alleges, in footage aired exclusively by Al Arabiya TV.

english.alarabiya.net...

Hey tweet Al Arabiya and ask them how many Iranian troops are in Syria

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Oh so Rt isn't good enough eh?

That really is rich coming from this crowd.

Do you care to address the content from YOUR OWN source that Superman posted?

Seyed Mohammad Marandi from the University of Tehran, speaking to RT regarding the troops, dismissed the news as “basically Western propaganda” and attributed the claims to erroneous information received by the Chinese media. “Iran has no troops in the country. Iran has never had troops involved in the problems within Syria.” “Someone in the Chinese media has been receiving information that is completely false,” said Marandi. He went on to say that the Iranian government supports Assad al-Bashar’s regime, but at the same time emphasized the fact that foreign intervention goes against Iranian policy.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Map of area for others to reference if needed.

Logistical nightmare to send troops to Syria. Could be possible, but once it was found out that land troops have entered the country, they will not be exiting or being resupplied.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Exactly.

Unlike the Mahdi Army in Iraq. Which had mothers milk from just next door in Iran while fighting in Iraq. Which in the end didn't help. Many Iranians never made it back home over nothing.
edit on 7-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Rather obvious they are lying about being in Syria as Iran has been in Syria for quite sometime.

Rather sad how naive some people are Iran the saints which is laughable.

China is lying eh?

Seyed Mohammad Marandi from the University of Tehran,

Iranian scholars has exactly zero credibility with me and here is why

edit on 7-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join