It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Pictures of "Curiosity" Taken From Orbit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
For those interested, here is the first colour panorama taken by Curiosity.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
For those interested, here is the first colour panorama taken by Curiosity.

It should be noted, ArMap, that the high resolution version of that image is still on board the rover. They next thing the rover will do is a planned software update (from a landing-optimized software to roving-optimized software), and NASA is waiting for that update to be done beofre downloding the high-res version of that.

That image you posted is a mosaic made up of 130 lower resolution images, and took 90 minutes to download. just think how long the high-res version will take to download.
edit on 8/9/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holosapien

Originally posted by jokerzwild

Originally posted by Phage
I wonder if they're going to take a run over to the skycrane once they get rolling. Nice mark it made.

I was thinking the same thing, it would be neat to examine that area close up. Looks like it blew up on impact, maybe because the left over fuel caused an explosion when it hit the ground.

The answer is no.

This question was asked during one of the press briefings (I believe yesterdays). The response was 'No'. It is not a priority nor is part of the plan for MSL to drive to any of the pieces (skycrane, heat shield, etc) for examination.

Just to follow up: In the upcoming days MRO will be taking a hi-resolution photograph of the sky crane to give us a better view of the descent stage crash landing aftermath. Sweet !
edit on 10-8-2012 by Holosapien because: ABC

<< 1  2   >>

join