It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Gays want a LEGAL Right to a Legal Contract? Or are they Trying to Legislate Christian Doctrine?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by sensible1

I TRULY believe that the aim is not LEGAL RIGHTS, but some kind of MORAL "atta-boy" from the Government, to say that churhes that believe homosexuality is an abomination should be legally bound- TO CHANGE THEIR BELIEFS... If the government gives this endorsement, thats their call.. We can't project that onto the church as a belief system without our society crumbling from the lack of moral fiber and support for the traditionally reporoductive family..

Do you really believe this? Do you think that Christian churches will be forced perform gay marriage ceremonies? Seriously?!

You know that people can get married anywhere by just about anybody right?

How the heck would this "change their beliefs"?!

The push is on to FORCE churches to marry gays, DESPITE their beliefs. I know this is strong language, but it is a most Christians would view it as a RAPE of the Bible to do that.. by that I mean, making our God an unwilling sexual partner.. See the marriage vows are to each spouse AND to GOD. Spouses vow before God to keep vows to God during the ceremony. How can a minister be forced to preside over this against his beliefs? Now if a minister has a different belief system in which he or she feels they can in good conscience preside over this, that is between tem and God and their congregation, and I, like most Christians may disagree but would not stand in the way of their right to do so.. But to force those that don't believe to do so is VERY VERY wrong... and is the legislation of such is BEING lobbied to liberal house members by a retired judge in CA, and one Senator that recently retired as we speak!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl
That soldiers can choose among female prisoners of war?

After thirty years of service, NOW I LEARN THIS!?

Always a day late and a dollar short. Crap!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by sensible1

Actually to continue your thoughts here.

No gay person gives a damn about who you pray to, or what he thinks about them. There are plenty of religious gay people who are at peace with who they are.

Your fear, of your religion being challenged is an emotional argument. The argument or equal rights, it's a lawful argument.

Your religiou argument, doesn't hold any weight in court, or in any social aspect because it is emotional in nature, it is not based in any fact.

Whereas the gay communitie's request for equal rights, is based in law and human rights.

~Tenth

Huh!!?? Anderson Cooper just sent cameras to 10 churches taping their sermons, songs, and then ambushing the pastors and asking them why their sermons didn't meet his DEMANDS... He then went on air with a "theologian" by his side and said Jesus never said that, and he believed Jesus was for gay marriage... that was 1 week before he came out as gay...

There is ONE GAY GUY... Easily the most influential in the world right now that is using one of the highest podiums in media (CNN) to try and change Church doctrine directly.. violating first amendment rights blatantly... IN THE NAME of TOLERANCE...???@!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, all this is true. I don't think Christendom's got the right to stop it, the way that most of them do. The issue is that although gays have the right, that doesn't mean that they ARE right. Those two things aren't an automatic assumption that's even remotely logical.

Many Christians come to the conclusion that they have a responsibility to warn others about the sin that lies at the heart of the issue....and they constantly remind people...and are branded as one and the same as those who are going further with it. Big mess.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yet. As long as it stays in the realm of this hasn't happened, then we're fine. The problem is that a lot of these fears that are being built upon are because no one really knows where the line will be drawn.

For instance, you have justices of the peace, and you have preachers that hold the ability to marry people. Problem is that some rulings will possibly force people to choose between being true to their faith or having this license to marry people. That is, if having the license means you cannot refuse service to gays. That's a big issue for many who don't care otherwise.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Its so funny to me (as a gay person) that Christians think we want ANYTHING to do with their religion. Its similar to when a Straight guy swears I will hit on him.. WE DONT WANT YOU.

Churches have successfully chased us away, and we will never return. You have forced us into enlightenment, and we thank you for that. Because of your hatred, we dont have to have the blindfold of organized religion ruling our lives.

Christians always go back to saying marriage is a religious institution, while disregarding the numbers Governmental and SOCIAL benefits to being married. You cant say its only a religious institution when there are all these legal, and financial options that you come into once you enter a marriage. Its just totally looking at one aspect of what a marriage is.

Lots of atheists, agnostics, whatever, get married.. and no one is out trying to say, omg how cant you have a godless marriage omg your ruining marriage.

We dont want your church, we dont ever want to come back. All we want is RESPECT. If I go to a party, and I am with my partner.. I would be ashamed to introduce him as my domestic partner, or life long partner.. Because he is my husband, and that term has a great deal of power behind it.. It helps keep the bonds strong when you go through tough times, it reminds you of the commitment you have made to one another.

Ultimately your marriage=what you want it to. Why shouldnt my marriage be the same?

Christians always bitch about sharia law, and ignore the fact that they are placing christian-law on top of those that DONT WANT IT.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think the argument about forcing pastors to marry gay couples is all a scare tactic..

Think logically about this... If you were entering into a marriage...Why would a person want a pastor who doesnt like gay people marrying them? That doesnt make sense.. Thats like having a white supremesist be the officiator of a mixed race marriage, the couple would never want that!

Again, christians assume we want them! WE DONT! we want to get as far away from religion as possible. We want someone who values our love to marry us, not someone who sees our love differently then hetero love.

Its such a crap argument.. Gay people arent going to go around forcing pastors to marry them to spite them, thats just asinine to say.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Um, not all Christian groups do. Methodists even allow for gays to serve as preacher/priests, whatever.

So, for some gays, the argument is a "within-the-church" argument. A lot of what winds up hitting the outsiders isn't about the outsiders, but about the factions in our own midst. Sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Please post your thoughts on the same topic by the same thread starter here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

**Thread Closed**

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So, you are going to use one single person, who has a national platform as a means to judge the entire gay community?

What if I chose to believe that ALL Christians were like Fred Phelps and his WBC?

Would that be a fair comparison? What if I stated that ALL Christians are trying to murder and kill gays, soldiers and anybody else who doesn't submit to their doctrine?

Would that be true?

Of course it's not. Stop painting with your wide brush.

~Tenth

<< 1  2   >>

join