It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent report finds 86% of Romney coverage is Negative

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

During Mitt Romney's overseas visit earlier this week, 86 percent of the coverage on ABC, CBS and NBC "emphasized Romney's perceived gaffes," according to a content analysis of 21 major news stories by the Media Research Center, which also compared Mr. Romney's trip to a similar excursion made by President Obama in 2008.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The Media Research Center a conservative independent analyst says that 86% of the coverage given to Romney in the MSM is negative.

The MSM used British Tabloids as a reliable source of information, branding Romney as Mitt the twit and taking his concerns for security at the Olympics out of context.

Obama received 92 mins of praise while Romney received 53 mins of negative attacks and slander

Now, the media is reporting that Mitt Romney has not paid any taxes when it was in fact an unclaimed conspiracy pointed out by Harry Reid's unofficial source.

Imagine if things were reverse and the media actually yelled at Obama for not releasing his birth certificate every single hour on ever single conservative channel...Oh wait...That's only in a dream world

Looks like its the journalists who are Obama's only loyal supporters.

www.examiner.com...
edit on 7-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

The Media Research Center a conservative independent analyst

Well if you can't see the problem with that statement, I can't help you.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Prove he paid those taxes.

Here is the thing. The reports are negative because no one likes him, no one likes him because he is an idiot that will do nothing good for the country. He spent the entire campaign repeating how he ran a company and said little else. Some people
, complete idiots mostly, bought that pathetic pitch.

Mitt was never intended to win (and thank god for small favors). One day you will learn youngin'.
Here's the thing. Obama is an American, but he's already been president so it doesn't matter now if he was natural born really, but Romney didn't pay his taxes and he wants to get in and make sure his rich friends don't have to. That is honestly more important to me.

Ron Paul 2012
edit on 7-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is obvious to anyone paying attention. The American media might as well be an extension of the Democrat party. They are dedicated to smearing and demonizing Republicans, while covering for and promoting Democrats. not to mention the re-election of their guy, Obama.

Just go down the list of things the media and the left in America were ranting about during the Bush. they don't care about any of those same issues as they pertain to Obama. From Gitmo, high gas prices and high unemployment. It's a total double standard and an excellent lesson in partisan bias.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

a conservative independent analyst

Oxymoron?

Anyway, I think that most of the media coverage in Europe would show Romney in a bad light. He wants to be president so that he can bomb more people in their backyard! What would you expect?

Now, the media is reporting that Mitt Romney has not paid any taxes when it was in fact an unclaimed conspiracy pointed out by Harry Reid's unofficial source.

Alls fair in love and war. We have had to listen to Birthers for the last few years, I think questioning Romney's taxes is much less a conspiracy. Release them and be done with it...just like Obama's BC.

Imagine if things were reverse and the media actually yelled at Obama for not releasing his birth certificate every single hour on ever single conservative channel...Oh wait...That's only in a dream world

He did release his BC.

Looks like its the journalists who are Obama's only loyal supporters.

That's like saying that it's only gun-toting, Nascar-watching redneck morons that support Romney......crap, nevermind.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Prove he paid those taxes.

How about Obama release his college transcripts? How about Harry Reid release his taxes? Not nearly as interested in that eh?

Here is the thing. The reports are negative because no one likes him, no one likes him because he is an idiot that will do nothing good for the country.

No, that's a subjective opinion you share with the MSM. How does that make you feel? That all your thought and opinions are shared by a propaganda media. doesn't that make you pause and rethink things even a little bit?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Romney is so FUBARed that I'm surprised the negative reporting is only 85%. Of course having a conservative organization doing the study helps to push that percentage up by roughly 25 to 30 points.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

a conservative independent analyst

Oxymoron?

Anyway, I think that most of the media coverage in Europe would show Romney in a bad light. He wants to be president so that he can bomb more people in their backyard! What would you expect?

What evidence do you have of that? what about the fact Obama has been bombing the # out of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Libya? Totally different somehow eh? Maybe you're just a sycophant?

Alls fair in love and war. We have had to listen to Birthers for the last few years,

What about the truthers for a decade before that? This forum is FULL of truthers. There is even a special forum for them! I love how you justify a lying mass media, as long as it's lying to keep your guy in power. Dont you find that to be sick?

I think questioning Romney's taxes is much less a conspiracy. Release them and be done with it...just like Obama's BC.

Why dont we know Obama's grades?

He did release his BC.

The media defended Obama though.

hat's like saying that it's only gun-toting, Nascar-watching redneck morons that support Romney......crap, nevermind.

So you're a bigot to boot? How predicable.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Oxymoron?

How many times have I heard on this website that I am an independent conservative, I think for myself and am not part of any political party...I think that's 95% of the population on here.

Yeah Oxymoron.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover

Romney is so FUBARed that I'm surprised the negative reporting is only 85%. Of course having a conservative organization doing the study helps to push that percentage up by roughly 25 to 30 points.

Romney? What about Democrats and Obama? Democrats have had power since 2006! Obama has been n charge since 2009! At what point are their failures going to be under a microscope? at what point are we allowed to dissect their policies? It doesn't happen because the mass media is nothing more than an extension of Obama's campaign.

What the hell has Romney done that so "fubars" him? he hasn't been in charge! I guess if all you watch ios Daily Show and the MSM, you might think that. But that would just mean you're brainwashed.
edit on 7-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

How about Obama release his college transcripts? How about Harry Reid release his taxes? Not nearly as interested in that eh?

The issue is not Obama's transcripts or Reid's taxes. The issue is about Romney's taxes. Don't change the subject when you cannot defend his lack of "transparency".

I think the tax issue is moot, but at least his defenders could do a better job without insulting the intelligence.

edit on 7-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The issue is not Obama's transcripts or Reid's taxes. The issue is about Romney's taxes.

Right, because the Democrat party and MSM say so, right? Obama is never the issue. That's the problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Right, because the Democrat party and MSM say so, right? Obama is never the issue. That's the problem.

Yeah cause democrats never change the subject or take things out of context!!!

This reports proves them wrong!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If romney releases his taxes it will just give the demorcatic party more stuff to hurt him with. They will never be happy because of the double standard. They will insult him for owning a horse, and then, they will say that he hasn't paid enough taxes...

That is what will happen and it is what is already happening. Before Harry Reid said that rumor, they were already attacking Romney for paying 13% in taxes.... Talk about short term memory loss

Why should he submit to Obama and his cronies?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I would support Obama releasing his transcripts. I don't care. I don't really see why that is very important and he is already president.
The issue is Romney though he is running for president and evading taxes is illegal. He has already lied about his time at Bain and he is just shady through and through. He should release his taxes especially since he wants in office to give all his buddies tax breaks and let the poor carry the burden alone in a country that is going under.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You realize that he didn't say anything biggoted right?
I agree that Obama has bombed a bunch of countries too, but there is evidence that Romney is going to start a war by his words. He will send our troops after Iran. Obama seems to be avoiding that war, but who knows maybe he is just putting it off until after the election.

Honestly Romney and Obama are both equally bad.

RP12

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I would support Obama

Enough said.

link   
Nature of the political game in America today. Issues don't matter, slime does. Hell, it's even become the norm here on ATS. There's some here that only slam opponents rather than discuss the issue. Ron Paul trashing by some comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ron Paul trashing by some comes to mind.

Is there a rule on ATS that says we can't trash every political candidate that comes to mind?

As a moderator you should know better!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If romney releases his taxes it will just give the demorcatic party more stuff to hurt him with

So you support him and think he has something to hide. If the Dems can hurt him with it, he probably shouldn't have done it. What if he hasn't paid taxes? See you don't know, but you are calling it a lie. That's so ridiculous to me. I was right when I said you had no morals or ethics. You would cover up a crime to help your candidate.

Sure it's just taxes, but what if it was something much worse. No morals no ethics, you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join