It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer pays $60M to settle bribery charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It seems as though if you have a lot of money to spend, you can buy justice and get off clean. This $60 million doesn't even come close to the profits they make each year.

These are absolutely disgusting business practices and the settlement is less than a slap on the wrist. This just gives them more incentive to keep on doing this sort of thing.

Put these #ers in jail, they deserve nothing less.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
to you it may be bribery, but in china and croatia, its the cost of doing business.

you want to sell your drugs there, you gotta pay the boss man.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We allowed these big corporations to get so big they have control over us. They use our greediness to work for them. Notice that our government received the money and not the individuals that paid for the medicine that was not needed or right for their condition. The government was ok with it if the Pharma company gave them some of their bribe money.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

They sort of divided it into 3 different companies and are all partners.

The boards of directors for all three companies are probably the same people.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Perhaps we should chime in on how we feel:
Pfizer Contact
Or does that get us on a "T" list

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
so a slap on the wrist, and they learn to be sneakier?
this is an absolutely disgusting abuse of power.

im speechless

edit on 8-8-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

reply to post by MagicWand67

Wow nice research you guys. This certainly is a very deep rabbit hole... it always amazes me to discover just how interconnected all of these super-evil corporations actually are. I've learnt a lot from this thread. Nice work.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The administrative courts that I noted on the first page seem to be getting us coming and going and based on these fines imposed on pharm corps rather than prison time for endangering public health, the whole thing is looking like nothing more than a very effective method for the transfer of wealth.

And it's going on on a local, state and federal level, as well, whenever one of us is dragged before an ALJ (administrative law judge) and fined for petty offenses against some obscure ordinance like watering our lawn on the wrong day or collecting water in a rain barrel or growing a front yard garden or even on workman's comp injuries and disability cases and much more. These all go before an ALJ who is the sole arbitrator between government agencies and us and its costing us millions of dollars in fines every year.

So with that in mind I started a little research project on how administrative courts affect us all and posted a thread on it to try to sort through what these judges do and their impact on regular people. That thread hasn't gotten much attention and it's frustrating because, IMO, its really important and I'm still learning more information on the way it works. Or doesn't. My last comment there was pretty rude but by the time I decided to delete it, my edit time had elapsed. Sorry everybody. www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join