It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agoyahtah

I shall speak for myself and say my accomplishments have been, are and ever shall be through that Great Mystery Whose Way I Walk with.

'Pride' in the context of gay, lesbian, bisexual, ace, transgender and etc or anyone really, isn't about looking "great and impressing the world," it is about self-acceptence and support in the face of the obsticles that we may face in life. It is simply, human.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arles Morningside

'Pride' in the context of gay, lesbian, bisexual, ace, transgender and etc or anyone really, isn't about looking "great and impressing the world," it is about self-acceptence and support in the face of the obsticles that we may face in life. It is simply, human.

Yes, well pride is different for a Christian. Our self-acceptance is called "humility". Because of our humility, we don't put ourselves on display.

The body of flesh, you see, is a body of sin. We are not proud that we are sinners. We sin because of our weaknesses, hence our humility.

The gay and lesbian movement is obviously diametrically opposite to the Christian faith. What we think is good, is bad for you, and what you think is good, is bad to us.

This is essentially why there's such difficulty communicating.

It's like speaking a different language to a foreign person. All the concepts are reversed. Yet, in some ways, it all makes perfect sense, when you accept that the pinnacles of our respective belief systems are morally and philosophically opposite in nature.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

There's no proof of this, either way. Maybe some are born this way, due to chemical imbalance in the womb, as some scientists claim, and maybe some simply choose to be gay. How would we know for sure?

You finally admitted you had no choice. I believe you. The fact that you hear people (all orientations) say they didn't have a choice all the time should be compelling evidence...

If an adopted boy child is raised by two gay parents, will their "social influence" determine his sexual orientation?

Heterosexual parents raise most gay people.... so that concern is odd.

Anyways, I personally have two friends that had two mothers and they are both heterosexual.

So yeah. More critical thinking skills required.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hmmmm, maybe I can help. I remember when I was a kid, I had to make that decision we all have to. I put naked pictures of women on one side of my desk and naked pictures of men on the other. I then made my choice with logic and math.
“Scientists describe beauty as being a summation of averages. Geometrically, it is a configuration of symmetrical lines. Mathematically, beauty is expressed as a ratio of 1.618.”
FROM
xenlogic.wordpress.com...
I then realized that I am heterosexual. It was a great relief because I realized that being the object of persecution did not appeal to me.

edit on 13-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
You finally admitted you had no choice. I believe you. The fact that you hear people (all people) say they didn't have a choice all the time should be compelling evidence...

Yes, perhaps everything we do is programmed into us. And nobody has any choices. Even this dialog here, we're just going through the motions doing exactly what we've been predestined to do. Even when straight men bash gays, it's all automatic programming. No one can help being who they are. And no one is responsible for their actions or behavior. It's all good.

But, until we have proof, I'll suspend my belief in the "all is predetermined" theme, and believe that we do have some choices.

Heterosexual parents raise most gay people.... so that concern is odd.

Anyways, I personally have two friends that had two mothers and they are both heterosexual.

So yeah. More critical thinking skills required.

It's not "critical thinking skills" missing here, I guess you meant to say "more experience". Well, we're all moving towards the "more experience" paradigm. So, we'll know soon enough.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There is an enormous difference between the choices we are meant to have, ie, such as treating someone with understanding and compassion and not excluding them based on something they are born with, and our sexual preferences. There is no choice. You don't choose this. And you can't be forced anymore than you yourself could be forced to marry a man and be happy in an upside world, without feeling desperation. The ability to choose is called bi sexuality and its also hard wired, but no one else has it, its really strong repulsion for the wrong sex, and happiness, joy and all that is wonderful, with the right one that is coded for them.

Also I notice some eyes and see/recognize some souls and won't mention any names, but one singer is actually a female goddess of old. There is that old reincarnation thing. But I recognized him/her. Things are simply not what everyone thinks physically or spiritually.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

What the hell did you just rant about? What on earth did that have anything to do with what I just said!? I said nothing even remotely close to saying we have no choices in life, they we are all pre-programmed and pre-destined and therefore don't need to take responsibility for actions. I said nothing even close to that.

Would it have been so hard for you just this once to not twist things??

All I said was you can believe others didn't have a choice, like yourself, based on their word alone considering pretty much everyone says they didn't have a choice.

Stop trolling

It's not "critical thinking skills" missing here

Yes. You clearly were lacking critical thinking skills.

You suggested gay parents 'lifestyles' would turn children gay.

Most/almost all gay people were raised by parents with heterosexual 'lifestyles'. Clearly their heterosexual 'lifestyles' didn't turn them heterosexual.

This is lacking critical thinking skills. But whatever dude. You want to come across as being absolutely correct with everything you say. Suit yourself.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So Agoyahtah, when you made your choice to be heterosexual it was similar to mine?

Originally posted by wittgenstein
Hmmmm, maybe I can help. I remember when I was a kid, I had to make that decision we all have to. I put naked pictures of women on one side of my desk and naked pictures of men on the other. I then made my choice with logic and math.
“Scientists describe beauty as being a summation of averages. Geometrically, it is a configuration of symmetrical lines. Mathematically, beauty is expressed as a ratio of 1.618.”
FROM
xenlogic.wordpress.com...
I then realized that I am heterosexual. It was a great relief because I realized that being the object of persecution did not appeal to me.

:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There are forms of display which are not so overt yet which hide behind the mask of humility. The truly humble don't seem to know they are humble.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Some fantasy character out of an overedited behemoth of bastardized political rantings sets a precedent for hundreds of yours of social irresponsibility, murder, and oppression and you still buy it? No wonder humanity is doomed.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Perhaps my point that I made by offering xenlogic.wordpress.com... in a recent post was misunderstood.
I believe that basing attraction on physical characteristics is not spiritual. I like to believe that I am a free man. However, I am a slave to my body and the math of beauty. At least I admit it. What I hate is when anti-gay people claim that they are free to choose and therefore somehow they are more spiritual then gays or I. I think of them as hypocrites.
I hate to admit it but part of the reason I love my wife is based on petty reasons and not spiritual ones.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

All I said was you can believe others didn't have a choice, like yourself, based on their word alone considering pretty much everyone says they didn't have a choice.

But, I don't know where the lack of choice ends, and the real choices begin. This is all debatable.

It's not "critical thinking skills" missing here

Jewish kids learn from their parents that they are expected to marry Jewish partners. This is a fact. And it's the influence of the parents.

When I suggested gay parents could influence their children, it was an hypothesis, awaiting evidence. But, predicated on how things are today, in reality, among many social groups.

That's all.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So Agoyahtah, when you made your choice to be heterosexual it was similar to mine?

I think I was about 5 years old when I had my first crush on a girl. I can't remember what it was exactly about her, but I do seem to remember that at the time I was fixated on her "long hair". That seemed to fascinate me the most.

As I grew up, other things became important.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arles Morningside

There are forms of display which are not so overt yet which hide behind the mask of humility. The truly humble don't seem to know they are humble.

This is just too convoluted for me. Either you're humble or you're proud. It is possible to be proud in some ways and humble in others, maybe that's the source of some confusion.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
LOL

If we have no choice THEN HEY GOD, LET ME WIN THE LOTTERY EH!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I hate to admit it but part of the reason I love my wife is based on petty reasons and not spiritual ones.

Have you ever wondered how it is that some women who you don't find attractive at all are nevertheless happy and loved by some other man?

It's not the physical. The spiritual power transforms an ordinary physical body into something beautiful to your eye.

Only you see that beauty, however.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

In fact, there are no attractive physical bodies on this earth.

It's all a delusion, inspired by spiritual energies flowing between people.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
LOL

If we have no choice THEN HEY GOD, LET ME WIN THE LOTTERY EH!!!

You've got to be in it, to win it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok, true talk. If the only thing you have to make yourself feel good is your sexual orientation, you are probably a failed human. Seriously, you were born that way, you didn't accomplish being what you are. I am a human, and a good human at that, I am an artist, I am a motorcycle racer, I am a car racer, I am a martial artists, I am a son, I am a brother, then I am a straight dude, and lastly I am a native north american. Notice how the last two on the list are things I really had nothing to do with? Notice how the ones that came before my sexual orientation and my race are actually things that I had to accomplish myself? Things you do for yourself are what you should be proud of, things that you are born as should not be the top of your list. For real, get out there and do something to be proud of.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
“It's not the physical. The spiritual power transforms an ordinary physical body into something beautiful to your eye.”
Agoyahtah
That’s a nice rationalization you gave me but I’m not buying it. Part of the reason I love my wife ( not the whole reason, but a very important part of it) is that she is brunette ( I have always preferred them over blondes, talk about a petty and nonspiritual basis for love) and has an hour glass figure marilynmonroe.com... unlike the current ideal of feminine beauty. www.anorexicmodel.com... My love for my wife is not entirely spiritual, as evidenced by the fact that if she looked like one of those anorexic models, I would find it hard to love her.
I am definitely not proud of my shallowness. I am only acknowledging it.As anyone that wants to start the spiritual path must do.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

But, I don't know where the lack of choice ends, and the real choices begin. This is all debatable.

Yes you do. Yes I do. Sexual orientation is not a choice, as you admitted. We can choose to be celibate. We can choose to have sex. That's where it begins. You can make either of those decisions based on your beliefs. As I do. I myself do not believe God, or any equivalent spiritual force, demands celibacy or heterosexuality of me. I believe there is nothing morally wrong with someone expressing their natural sexual orientation so long as it's consensual between people.

Was that a misquote? I did not say this. You said this... re-read.

When I suggested gay parents could influence their children, it was an hypothesis, awaiting evidence. But, predicated on how things are today, in reality, among many social groups.

Fine. Still how then do you compare that thinking with the fact heterosexual "lifestyles" are not influencing their gay children to be heterosexual then?

Secondly. Sexual orientation is not a choice so this is rhetorical question.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join