It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Plus, I've known a LOT of Christians who don't even follow what they preach. The bible talks about acceptance and love for all, yet 99% of all Christians I've ever met are extremely unaccepting and only show hate unless you're just like them.

Hey - - even if you're with them - - they're judgemental. The vicious inner gossip alone is enough to make you cringe.

Its based on Fear of Punishment - - and you're always comparing yourself to the next guy.

I went on a 60 year quest trying to find god. I've experienced more Christian churches then most. They're basically all the same.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Believer101

The sin thing has never made any sense to me. Still doesn't.

I personally find it incredibly stupid.

I'm with you on that, Annee. Sin and the devil/demons basically give people the opportunity to not take responsibility for their actions.
"Oh, I cheated on my wife? That wasn't me, I was possessed by the devil." (I've legitimately heard a christian man state that).

Oh yeah! Even when I was Christian I found it stupid.

I got the whole "Jesus is love - turn the other cheek - help the poor - common sense commandments - - etc".

But the older I got - - - I'm like "are you people seriously reading this stuff"?

How can anyone with real intelligence still fall for this? Fear and Convenience is my only answer.

Have to agree with you on this, had to walk away too. The Love is the draw in for something else.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hey - - even if you're with them - - they're judgemental. The vicious inner gossip alone is enough to make you cringe.

Its based on Fear of Punishment - - and you're always comparing yourself to the next guy.

I went on a 60 year quest trying to find god. I've experienced more Christian churches then most. They're basically all the same.

You couldn't be any more truthful in that statement. Every Christian I have known is horribly judgmental no matter what. And you're absolutely right, the gossip they spew is absolutely awful.

I agree with that too, it is based on fear. Fear of punishment and the unknown. People are afraid of the unknown, so they have to come up with something to believe in to get that fear away (for the most part, anyways).

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Have to agree with you on this, had to walk away too. The Love is the draw in for something else.

Some of the positive thought churches actually really do teach the lessons and love messages of Christ.

They leave all the dogma at the door. Its not allowed.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The United Church tries. And the Unitiy Church, BUT its the one that is hardly around in Canada. It had a small chapter that met in a conference room or something in Kelowna, but don't live there, and somewhere at the coast, still 1-2 hours away.

No one needs a Church, really. It is nice to have children organized more and having some service to others, being cheerful givers modeled, but given the alternatives not sure I could subject them to the coded saturn squares. Their one friend who attends the Baptist Church and took my son to youth night, his parents are extremely judgmental, and their son stole our games, and is in the cadets and we went through months of disagreements over my son going, when I would rather die than see a single child in Darth Vader's armies, NOT happening.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by zeeon

so,, Only the Breeders can Marry? Interesting concept.

See this is what I'm talking about. Is there really a need to call me a "Breeder" which contrary to what you may rationalize is a common insult among the gay community. Do I call you names? Do I mock you? Do I not read what you write, insult you and then ask a question which was answered in the post that you didn't read?

I do none of these things. Thanks for your positive and constructive addition to the topic though. Nice job.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Agoyahtah

And do you support this view? Is this something you hold to be true in your heart?

In my heart I know all sex is sin. But, the union of man and woman in marriage is a special "remedy" that helps to cure men of that sin. The product of that sin is the birth pains for the woman and the lifetime obligation of caring for the newborns that result, which absolves the couple of their sin. All other forms of sex outside of this special "solution", is simply sin without absolution. So, the expression of lust in all other ways leads to the worsening of the condition of men. I don't have an "ordering" in my own mind for how bad each other form of sexual promiscuity is relative to each other form. They are all detrimental to man. Therefore, to me, they all deserve "equal" treatment.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

Personally I'm straight, and a Christian believer (big time) and I totally sympathize with the gays, who are not gay by choice, that's their sexual orientation, and they are right to say that Christianity, at least American conservative fundamentalist, evangelical Christianity in its stance towards them IS hate speech.

Jesus however, never said a thing about it, only to say that we are to treat others as we would like to be treated and to love our neighbor as ourself.

The anti-gay agenda of this quadrant of Christianity is really anti-Christian, imho.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by sensible1

Personally I'm straight, and a Christian believer (big time) and I totally sympathize with the gays, who are not gay by choice, that's their sexual orientation, and they are right to say that Christianity, at least American conservative fundamentalist, evangelical Christianity in its stance towards them IS hate speech.

Jesus however, never said a thing about it, only to say that we are to treat others as we would like to be treated and to love our neighbor as ourself.

The anti-gay agenda of this quadrant of Christianity is really anti-Christian, imho.

Don't forget Jesus also stated judge not, lest ye be judged.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Agoyahtah

There are even people who love the dead. Necrophiliacs should have the same rights as Homosexuals too.

Did you even bother reading this before posting it? THere's a difference between defiling the dead and two consenting adults having intercourse or expressing love toward one another. Are you seriously this dense?

After all, they are all spreading the love around in different ways, bringing more love into the world.

When love is not reciprocated, it becomes lust. Lust has many criminal applications, but we're talking about LOVE.

I agree with your first quote except that I would change the phrase "expressing love" to "expressing lust".

I don't agree with your second point. It is very common for people of the same sex to love each other without penetrating each others orifices. One does not need to pork another person to love them. So by your rationale the sex is merely lust that has been set free to perform those criminal applications you mention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the rest of the posters: Christians did not invent the concept of marriage. The concept has been in existence since tribal times. Many ancient cultures did not look down on homosexuality. They also did not let people of the same sex marry. The Romans and Greeks are good examples of this behavior. They were wise enough to reserve marriage for people intending to procreate. Seems logical to me.

I have had this debate many times before but I will say it again. People that want to see gay marriage become a reality need to change the phrase from marriage to something else. Try being creative for a positive purpose. This is merely an example but, if I was able to vote on whether or not a gay couple could receive all the legal benefits and status of what we call a marriage today, I would. If the ballot called it a Divine Union, with no reference at all to the word marriage.

Sadly, that seems to be far too much to ask. Forget the fact that marriage has been a unique tradition that is essentially identical from culture to culture(Barring minor differences; Two people of the same sex not being one of those differences). Forget the fact that there are people throughout the world today that do not want same sex couples to be included into the definition of marriage(For a variety of reasons). After all, these types of people must be nothing more than "bigots" or, a word thrown about this site far to often with no real understanding of its meaning, "haters".

Compromise is a wonderful tool. Unfortunate that no compromise is possible with the extreme ideologues. No, if they compromise they feel they are sacrificing their rights or equality or some such nonsense. In fact, the opposite is true. They would be using their natural rights and natural equality by creating a completely new tradition that is a marriage in all but name.

Definition of equal by some dictionary:

1. Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.
2. Mathematics Being the same or identical to in value.
a. Having the same privileges, status, or rights: equal before the law.
b. Being the same for all members of a group: gave every player an equal chance to win.
a. Having the requisite qualities, such as strength or ability, for a task or situation
b. Adequate in extent, amount, or degree.
5. Impartial; just; equitable.
6. Tranquil; equable.
7. Showing or having no variance in proportion, structure, or appearance.

Having a "Divine Union" as opposed to "Marriage" does not infringe on #1. Both groups have the same thing....just a different name. I'll disregard the math definition(#2) along with (#4a). Definition 3a is essentially the same thing I said for number 1. Definition 3b, however, is curious. "Being the same for all members of a group". By definition, homosexual people and heterosexual people are unique groups. So, forcing heterosexuals to accept homosexuals as candidates for marriage infringes on their equality. Definitions 4b, 5 & 6 are all true. Divine Union or Marriage, the treatment toward each concept is the same. Definition 7 is why I support the renaming of gay "marriage" into a different term. There is "no variance in proportion, structure, or appearance" between a Divine Union or a Marriage, with each concept receiving equal treatment under the law.

This debacle of two groups constantly fighting each other amuses me. It amuses me because there are simple solutions out there. Mine above is merely one example to solve the issue fairly for everyone involved.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm heterosexual. Christianity IS nothing but hate. It has done nothing but destroy for 2 millennia. It is the grand evil (along with other religion) that has decimated mankind and threatens to destroy the planet.

I say again ... Christianity is hate. We need not define it. It has defined itself.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Your the perfect example of how you take a traditional vows of marriage and twist them to fit your situation. Let's go down a road that most people seem to leave in the dust and that is the fact that the gay lifestyle is what started the aids epidemic that innocent people like Ryan White who had lukemia died from. If the gay lifestyle is so great then why did the human body fight back by not only killing off the offenders but also thousands and thousands of innocent victims as a result

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality

They would be using their natural rights and natural equality by creating a completely new tradition that is a marriage in all but name.

Changing the name won't change what it is. As you just said, it IS a marriage. A marriage is a marriage is a marriage. "A Rose by any other name..." Anti-gays don't want gays to have any part of marriage, name or concept. Those that are advocating calling it something else just want to rub it in the gays' faces that their union is less than the heterosexuals. By accepting this name change, many gays feel like they are admitting that their union is less than a marriage. It's not less than a marriage. It IS a marriage.

Besides, do you think if the piece of official paper says "divine union" that gays will call themselves divinely unioned? Get real - they'll still call themselves married. Who's gonna stop them? You think the marriage police will put them in jail if they use the word marriage? There's no point in changing the piece of paper to some fake name that gays aren't even going use in conversation, or when filling out forms or paperwork.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
I'm heterosexual. Christianity IS nothing but hate. It has done nothing but destroy for 2 millennia. It is the grand evil (along with other religion) that has decimated mankind and threatens to destroy the planet.

I say again ... Christianity is hate. We need not define it. It has defined itself.

I think the confusion here is "what do Christians love".

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 1 Peter 1:24

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. 1 Peter|1:25

True Christians are not focused on the flesh. It's just like grass to them. They care about the "spirit", which inhabits the flesh for a time. Christians love the spirit and disregard the flesh. So, when people say "hate", what they really mean is that Christians don't give the activities of the flesh the same high value as they do themselves.

Homosexuals are focused on the lusts of the flesh. This is why they cannot understand what the Christians are saying. For the Christian, lusts of the flesh are sins, a problem for the souls to overcome, for which "marriage" is a partial solution. Homosexuals only want that marriage to get the tax brakes, they just want more things, they are hungry for more, and want to increase the feeding of their lusts.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Your Foreknowledge of being flamed was precognitive, and yes 'breeder' is akin to being derogatory,, just as 'homosexual agenda' is derogatory in my mind.

you see, it is like this.

your arguments are really lame.

as has been said before here on this thread I am sure,, you seem to be ok with an Atheist marriage that has no intention of 'being fruitful and multiplying' or a Man and woman who are Satanist/devil worshipers. Or any other faith getting married.
but god forbid you have Two Christian Men or women,, who want to live as Christian a life as possible for them to do, and you go beserk.

and you will not allow it. Ludicrous to say the least

A murderer in Prison finds god,, becomes ''born again'' and gets out and married his sweet heart.. Fine.
Two gay people,, who have never hurt a fly,, sang since children in a Christian church choir, tithe, give to charity, and do everything possible to be GOOD PEOPLE,,, NOPE,,, you can't have children,,
so Marriage is not for them in your book,,,
this is stupid,, and of a Breeder mentality.
The Urban Dictionary defines breeder this way:

Breeder 1: slang term used by some child free people for one who has a child and/or has many after that, refuses to discipline the child/ren, thinks the sun rises and sets for their child/ren, look down upon people who do not have children, and are in general very selfish and greedy when it comes to their whims and those of their child/ren, especially if they can use their parenthood status or their children as an excuse to get their way. A female breeder is commonly called a moo, and a male breeder a duh. 2: slang term used by people of homosexual persuasion to refer to heterosexual couples, who have a significantly higher risk of contributing to the population increase than the homosexuals do.

So it is all about the Children? Give me a break..
People here in America are not limited to the Number of Times they can get married,, so here in America we have a lady,,
Linda Wolfe, 68, who first wed at 16, is now a grandmother with 23 ex-husbands, which sets the world record for the Most married woman.
but my first 'boyfriend' and his Partner who are Christian, (his partner is in seminary now ready to be ordained) have been together faithfully for 32 years,,,
but they can't have a wedding at their own church (in our state) because of Religious Authoritarians such as yourself.

Sorry I used a derogatory term,, I wasn't really thinking it was so bad. Sincerely apologize for that, it was late,, had been on this thread awhile,, and my anger may have slipped through,, but still it is hardly as bad as the logic that you use to deny gay people Equality,, no matter how your bible tells you to believe,,,

this is America? Well,, I know,, lately We all are wondering about that,,, so maybe we need to
have a new Constitutional Congress to define Freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
because such thought as yours is nothing more than to deny others the Freedom you HAVE,

The Word play game is silly on both sides,, this should not even be a topic of interest,, much less objection here in America.

PS: Many Straight people use the term Breeder too,, it is not gay exclusive in use

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354

Your the perfect example of how you take a traditional vows of marriage and twist them to fit your situation. Let's go down a road that most people seem to leave in the dust and that is the fact that the gay lifestyle is what started the aids epidemic that innocent people like Ryan White who had lukemia died from. If the gay lifestyle is so great then why did the human body fight back by not only killing off the offenders but also thousands and thousands of innocent victims as a result

Please -- educate yourself.

It is clear that the HIV virus originated in primates living in Western and Central Africa, and that it was probably transmitted to humans in communities where people eat the meat of primates. Some researchers have suggested that the rise of cities in Africa may also have contributed to the spread of AIDS, by concentrating human populations.

www.wisegeek.com...

AIDS was actually happening simultaneously in Africa among strictly heterosexual people. The gays just got all the press in the Western world. Gays didn't start AIDS, nor were they the only ones spreading it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by Agoyahtah
Homosexuals are focused on the lusts of the flesh. This is why they cannot understand what the Christians are saying. For the Christian, lusts of the flesh are sins, a problem for the souls to overcome, for which "marriage" is a partial solution. Homosexuals only want that marriage to get the tax brakes, they just want more things, they are hungry for more, and want to increase the feeding of their lusts.

Wow, so you know every homosexuals heart in regards to why they want to marry!!
For the Tax Break only!! TOO FUNNY and Ignorant as all get out.
Hungry for more,, feeding of their lusts,,, WHATEVER are you for real?

I saw in another post of yours where you said

In my heart I know all sex is sin. But, the union of man and woman in marriage is a special "remedy" that helps to cure men of that sin.

First I am sorry you believe ALL Sex is Sin,, You are SO missing out on LIFE.
and if your next statement,, (and I have seen others here take this stance) is true.

Why Hold that ''special Remedy" out of reach to homosexuals,,, you seem all up in their sex lives anyway,,, so if there is a Remedy,, special or not,, why not allow the gay people to have that ''remedy'' since you believe ALL SEX IS SINFUL..
Maybe it would benefit everyone.

Gay people would grow up knowing that when they found the ''ONE" that they could plan a life of love together in holy wedded matrimony,,, and sip of some of that ''Special Remedy"

Special Remedy,,,, now that is Rich.

edit on 8/9/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Every Christian I have known is horribly judgmental no matter what. And you're absolutely right,

Oh every single one HUH, how many you know, One?

There is not one Christian that isn't a judgmental hypocrite, fascinating.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat

How enlightening.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You suffer from a lack of perspective. Your views are reliant upon how many angles you can see from, and so far, you haven't managed very many. Why? Because to look too much or from too many sides is against your religion.

edit on 9-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join