It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Well, on that one, sure a Gay could be the mouthpiece of God, but if I can't test the spirit which drives him, then I can't trust the spirit which drives him. God didn't tell me to blindly follow anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

Originally posted by tazdeill2
Initially I thought the OP was balanced and sensible, but then I started to become uncomfortable with it.
I don't understand how being homosexual can be a sin. The only way I can understand it is that something has got lost in the mists of time and that heterosexuality was the preferred method in order to breed more followers, and homosexuality is not the most practical way to do this. I assume that's why the Catholic religion is so against it, and against birth control for the same reason. I don't think Jesus said man should not lie with man because he was homophobic - he just wanted a bigger flock.
It would be great if these religions stopped being so obsessed with sex and focused more on things that matter. They seem to 'protest too much'
As a committed vegetarian (or perhaps I should be committed for being a vegetarian) who as a child was influenced by the words 'thou shalt not kill' in the bible, should I perhaps condemn all meat-eating Christians for the sin (and hypocrisy) of eating meat? I never yet found an animal that didn't need to be killed before I could eat it.

Homosexuality is a sin because God said so. He created the world based on sexual reproduction, and then created woman for mans companionship. In her he gave the tools for mans companionship.. THANKS GORGEOUS WIFE!!!

God is NOT waiting for "LIKES" on Facebook to tell tell him its ok how he created the world.. Gods creation is his signature on that. We would all be dead in a generation without it.. Look at the SCIENTIFIC evidence. Look at the creation to determine its purpose.. Just because a hammer likes acting like a screwdriver doesn't make it one. About 30% of a womans body organs have reproductive purposes.. It's the most delicate and intricate system in the body, encompassing sll other major systems. Our aging and mortality, body temperatures, breathing, cardiovascular, renal systems are all based around this purpose... This is undeniable. God's purpose is His will.. Anything against God's will and purpose is sinful.. Because He said so.. We have a boss. Whether we like it, believe it or not...

edit on 7-8-2012 by sensible1 because: spl
[/quote

Please relax sweetie, and don't get so het up about comments, especially tongue in cheek ones.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

That was a touch out of left field. I think I got you, but you're using jargon (words that only a few would understand the intent of, because they are specialized), so I would like you to define them:

"ego and duality"?
Got the Golden Rule, but go ahead and pull that up.
Purpose?
Anti-purpose?
Reseed?

I think you clearly understand enought from me and your question shows that if you are not already understanding everything I mean then you will. I think your mind will be the best teacher for you since I am not advanced enought to really do anything but give hints. I am just playing around with duality and nonduality for a while longer and I am frankly having a lot of fun.

Is it not up to you to find out what the purpose of everything is?

Enjoy the ride soulbrother.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I totally agree that Christians have the right to be ignorant and say, believe ignorant things. But what is at issue is legality and equal access for the 'protections' that marriage offers. I like JPZ and Neonothu (sorry if I mispelled) take on the whole marriage issue in that it's ludicrous to ask the government for permission to marry and then pay them for the privilege and I would like to see a movement dedicated to rectifying that.

However, at this current time we live in a country where heterosexual couples are granted special status if they choose to marry and unquestioned legal rights most especially regarding health status, gay people are not... for all the failed pacification attempts with legal unions... gay couples still are at risk for being denied decision making in the event of a health crisis. No one's religion has a right to have sway over that yet Christianity does. It makes me ill that someone come will cry about an anti christian agenda when our Constitution is being suppressed in such a way and only granting it's protection to some, not all. People forget that laws and rights are not supposed to be subject to any religious belief.

Freedom of religion.
Your freedom ends where mine begins.
Marriage predates Christianity.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Well, on that one, sure a Gay could be the mouthpiece of God, but if I can't test the spirit which drives him, then I can't trust the spirit which drives him. God didn't tell me to blindly follow anything.

Yeeh he kinda gave me the same lecture in practical form.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

That analogy wouldn't be apt because single mothers aren't denied access to being married, are they?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, defining Christianity itself as hate is a huge generalization, because they are also bashing the churches that do support them as well as the liberal Christians who don't actively oppose them, and i thought these guys are against generalizations.

If they were to single out the conservatives and evangelical Christians who actively oppose them, then it'd be a different story.

Because let's face it, what do those people do?

They make laws that make certain sexual acts illegal because their religion tells them to, and if they were able to turn America into the "Christian Nation" they wanted to, well, who do you think would be the first people to go? The atheists and the homosexuals, unless they converted to Christianity.

So really, why is that haters always balk at being called a hater or a racist when they are? Why is it they see nothing wrong with the hate that they do?

If they aren't proud of what they do, then why do it?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well, as long as they marry a man. But then, neither is the Gay, as long as a Gay male marries a woman. So, same difference.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

No it's not.
An apple is not orange even if it you paint it orange.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
why do not they allow mariage with animals! it is the freedom, is not it!?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Because animals cannot consent.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

How is "I don't want to marry, period, but I want the legal rights!" ANY different from "I don't want to marry, the opposite sex specifically, but I want the legal rights!" ?

Seriously, if you want to see division, keep on seeing it.

See, we may be talking apples and oranges, but we've not left the realm of fruit.
edit on 7-8-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Tenth

what a relief ! at least they have a legal barrier. but still I am not sure they can not justify it !

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Because this is America because our Constitution is a promise to equal access to all. What is hard about this? There would be no division if people would stop legalizing selective rights. Would you like it if you were restricted to posting only on topics of denying gays equal rights and the rest was shut to you just because you have an opinion on the matter? Would you like to be punished that way, for simply being you who are?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Because this is America because our Constitution is a promise to equal access to all. What is hard about this? There would be no division if people would stop legalizing selective rights.
Whoa, cart before the horse moment. Go back ans find where I stated that they shouldn't gain the right to marry? I did stay off that one. I just stated that to make this about marriage SOLELY only shifts the restrictions over. When (and it's a matter of when) Gays get the right to marry, it's still going to be an unfair burden to the type I pointed out. So what I'm literally stating is this: we need to "stop legalizing selective rights" by making this about marriage.

And if you can get that, then the rest of it is moot.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Even if that sheep starts talking...

Don't believe a word she says....

She is always trying to start trouble...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

So, the issue is then moved to only those animals who can consent? lol! How many creatures know sign-language now?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The point is that a belief in Christ is not hate.. Though some can use it as an excuse to hate... Jesus never did, even though he had all the right to...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

And now you are scared that all the hetero men will turn gay or something?

Btw, as far as I know, Jesus never said a thing about homosexuality.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

I was off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join