It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

your god condemned people for not being in the right tribe, even though he controlled their birth if your myths are correct. you god condemns wearing two different cloths and eating shell fish.

your god is mercury. ever changing and wishy washy.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How would you know that Sharia would be the same as Amish? You have studied Sharia Law and understand it's ramifications? I bet not. Who is your source? Chris Matthews?

300 lashes and jail time...yep that sure sounds like the amish...

In 2010, a Saudi woman who filed harassment claims in Saudi Arabia without being accompanied by a male relative was sentenced to 300 lashes and 18 months in jail. Sawsan Salim lodged a series of complaints in 2007 at government offices and in court in the northern region of Qasim in which she alleged harassment by local officials, the New York-based rights group, Human Rights Watch, said. She was sentenced in January on charges of making “spurious complaints” against government officials and appearing “without a male guardian,” the group said in an e-mailed statement.[78]

wikiislam.net...-related_men_and_women

But hey you could become the new spokesperson for equal rights under Sharia Law

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And this one is in Indonesia, one of Obama's homelands

www.gaystarnews.com...

edit on 9-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

the only difference between judaic law and sharia law is that most jews break it. funny thing is judaism is based on a book called the torah, which translated means "the law". 613 to exact. yet when was the last time you saw a jew present a dove for sacrifice or rape a woman and give her father a few peices of silver and marry her.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormson
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

the only difference between judaic law and sharia law is that most jews break it. funny thing is judaism is based on a book called the torah, which translated means "the law". 613 to exact. yet when was the last time you saw a jew present a dove for sacrifice or rape a woman and give her father a few peices of silver and marry her.

I don't know but see my example above of Sharia and remember it's much more recent.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by Agoyahtah
Christians have it already, there is a special term, "gay union" for the bond between two men.

The continual omission of lesbians is quite telling.

Face it. This isn't about homosexuality. It's specifically about your homophobia of gay men.

No take backs

Lesbians are also gay. I know, it's a man thing, to use male terms to refer to both sexes. But, otherwise the sentences would get too long, the word "h o m o s e x u a l " is just too long. Gay is brief and to the point.

By the way, gays stole this word from the language too, just like Hitler corrupted the hooked cross that used to mean "good luck", and spoiled it so that no one can use the symbol anymore, gays have taken this word that used to mean "happy folk" and corrupted it to mask "sinful person" and elevate themselves with positive sounding terms.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Agoyahtah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

But Jesus also said, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".

Meaning the worldly attachment will not lead you to God. That even parental love is transitory, an illusion. What is permanent is God's love. In other words, marriage, whether it's between a man and a woman or a man and a man can drag you from your spiritual path.

Jesus said very little about marriage. I think he said more about divorce, yet, there is not this deep division between the divorced and Christians. Hell, more than half of all Christians are divorced.

As I said before, Anderson Cooper came out to fuel the fire between Christians and gays. This should be a NON issue.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'd say it's incorrect to say that a gay gene is either proven or disproven currently, or that what can be proven currently is the truth or the end of story. It's just the beginning.

Genes can be switched on or altered, or left disused at a crucial phase.

What can be said is that many scientists believe there is a "gay brain" in male homosexuals, where some centers (like the speech center) are enlarged.
There's been documentaries on this like The Making of Me.
Explanations are as yet unproven, and in the above documentary the theory of birth order is entertained.
The chances of having a gay male child go up 30 percent with every male child the woman has.

What can be said, also from the books of Dr Hamer so far is that:

- Male homosexuality is more set than female homosexuality.
That is not to say that there are no true lesbians or that there are no male bisexuals (there certainly are), but numerically women tend to change sexual preference during life much greater than men.
This was also admitted by the ex-gay movement Exodus International, who claim their only true success concerning "orientation change" without relapse was from women.
unicornbooty.com...
So whatever causes male homosexuality may be quite different from what causes same-sex behavior in females.

- Homosexuality in gay people is not chosen. Even those in favor of developmental theories like James Dobson now recognize this. This is the main crux, because people were led to believe it was simply a choice, and that hence homosexuals are morally accountable not only for their acts, but also for their attractions and that they plotted their gay actions as very rebellious straight people (as it says about the pagans in Romans, they were adult straight people who gave up their "natural desires"). This of course is now recognized to be rubbish when applied to modern gay people. Certain behaviors in childhood are now considered to be very indicative of adult homosexuality, and whether somehow congenital, developmental or genetic, no consistent intervention or "cure" has been established.
edit on 9-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Agoyahtah

Fine if you meant gay to encompass lesbians as well then okay
That doesn't really explain why you then added 'a bond between two men'. But whatevs.

gays have taken this word that used to mean "happy folk" and corrupted it to mask "sinful person" and elevate themselves with positive sounding terms.

How surprising that the community wasn't satisfied with 'sinful person'.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

I would have to applaud the tactics Anderson is using. The best way to hear how people truly feel is to listen to them speak without their masks. So long as it is not illegal to record without the consent of the recorded I don't see a problem here. We live in a brave new world with our advanced communications. It's funny. You claim Christianity is being attacked. Yet, berating people as sinners seems acceptable. It is offensive to people who know that "sin" is an illusion.

Besides. Why do you find it offensive to have your beliefs heard by a willing audience? Sure, it is being spun in a certain way. That seems to be how it works these days.

I don't think God is spiteful. I know it would want me to be the master of myself. I don't have to atone for anything. This is the reason I don't mesh with Christianity. That deity is far to angry for my tastes. Jesus taught many things. Dying for your sins wasn't one of them. You won't find that in the "Authorized Bible". Have respect for his sacrifice? That is a bit hokey. Historically he was merely one of thousands upon thousands that have been executed for beings rebels against the power of the state. I respect that sacrifice but that is shared equally among all the rest.

Believe what you like. It does not make it so. This is just as true for myself as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

People hating each other for having opposite views. Thanks for bringing up a new and interesting topic that no one else has ever heard of before.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
To all you Christians or "believers" whatever you care to call yourselves.

You are talking to peolple that have "sex" (technically it's not) with their own sex . Or people that want to defend those that do. They are "PROUD" of it! Two men humbling themselves for each other, nauseating really.

They do not follow the laws of nature or god. How do we expect them to understand?

Sane people can not argue or reason with reprobates.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Here is a novel idea! There are bigger problems that have a direct effect on us.

If ALL the Christians would honestly direct themselves to being more Christ like and realistic we would actually have a Army Jesus would be proud of!

Here is my suggestion to all Churches and Christians!! Stop hating on same sex relationships and direct that energy to doing what Christ himself did!!

THROW OUT ALL THE MONEY CHANGERS AND MONEY LENDERS!!!

Just for reference: John 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

I have yet to see the churches or a group of Christians unite and accomplish what Christ did. There is a reason why he did it but no followers that I can see today that would have the courage to attempt it in his footsteps.

I personally could care less about what two people do behind closed doors and I see this as another distraction to the REAL problems in this world.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
People supporting the myth make that claim, but no research backs it up. Nope, not buying that people are genetically predisposed to like tennis, either (and wow, talk about off track!).

If you can't see the persecution, you aren't looking. Do some hunting, and you will find links all over the place.

It's part of the mystery of being human but we do certainly have hereditary predispositions to highly odd things from alcholism and drugs to odd things like telling lies or being grumpy. Why is it so hard to believe that there is a biological component to sexuality when there's biological components to just about everything else?

Wikipedia has an entire article on just this topic: en.wikipedia.org...

There's plenty of research on that page that backs up predisposition and biological factors in sexuality. It just seems you've grasped onto this 'gay gene' nonsense as some kind of titanic argument that justifies your position, and therefore being gay is 'entirely' mental and therefore a 'mental disorder'. I think families who play tennis are weird, I don't think they're mentally ill.

Honestly, unless you've solved this entire issue for every anthropologist, psychologist, and scientist on the planet I don't see how you can blankly declare that you're right and everyone else is wrong. (Or why it's even your business?)

Regarding persecution, yes ... I see links all of the place and people who dislike religion. I also see links to the Westboro Baptist church and people constantly saying things like 'I hate [insert derogatory term for homosexuality here]' constantly. Oddly enough I feel less persecuted that your average Christian. Killing Christians is wrong. Killing gay people is wrong. But you know, according to Christians ... Christians get persecuted and killed far more often. Whut?!

Christians just seem to have a vested interest in constantly declared the majority and the under dog at the same time. These two ideas don't work together. Fact is, the Christian faith desires a struggle. Struggle between good and evil. Struggle between faith and and darkness. Struggle between sin and being perfect. It's built into the very core of what a Christian believes to assume that everything is a struggle or persecution. Sometimes though ... it's just two guys making out.

That's all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
To all you Christians or "believers" whatever you care to call yourselves.

You are talking to peolple that have "sex" (technically it's not) with their own sex . Or people that want to defend those that do. They are "PROUD" of it! Two men humbling themselves for each other, nauseating really.

They do not follow the laws of nature or god. How do we expect them to understand?

Sane people can not argue or reason with reprobates.

So, care to explain how all of those 450+ species of animals OTHER than humans exhibit homosexuality in nature if it's going against nature? Also, if God created all mankind, and we were born the way we are (believe me, I didn't just wake up one morning and chose to be attracted to both sexes), then didn't God create me just the way I am?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquariusjay68

There's a good book called "The Imitation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis. I love imitating Christ...turning over the money changers tables can be a lot of fun.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
You are talking to peolple that have "sex" (technically it's not) with their own sex .

So bisexuals have real sex and fake sex?

Technically not real sex... lol

Or people that want to defend those that do. They are "PROUD" of it!

It would be better worded as "Not ashamed of it". How do you feel about your heterosexuality?

Two men humbling themselves for each other, nauseating really.

See Annee

They do not follow the laws of nature or god.

Everything that exists in nature is a part of nature. Can you really argue otherwise...

How do we expect them to understand?

By using reasoning that is your own would be a good start.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

then didn't God create me just the way I am?

The Devil created us to test their faith, like the dinosaurs!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormson

Originally posted by MuonSpin
Christianity is defined by Jesus. Jesus vigorously preached LOVE and vehemently opposed HATE.

It is mankind who has distorted and perverted the teachings of Jesus Christ.

This is no surprise because mankind is fallen and corrupt.

The fact that man is fallen and corrupt is nothing new. The fact that the "Homosexual Agenda" may be depicting Chrisianity as a religion built on hate should not surprise anyone. Christians have to remember Ephesians 6:12 which says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

It is not against men we battle. IT is against darkness we battle. IT is the darkness which led men to stumble into sin.

Is because of the sin of mankind that Jesus came in the first place. Since ALL men sin, Jesus paid the penalty for the sin of ALL men. Even Christian-hating homosexuals are as deserving as of the FREE Gift of Salvation as the moral law abiding Christians.

Jesus paid the price for our sins because ALL men sin. And ALL men fall short of the Glory of God.

The Homosexual Agenda can HATE Christians all they want. They can portray Christian however they want. If God gives all men free will, they are exercising thaeir God given free will.

I say, for those of us who are Christians, when anyone stands up to claim Christianity is a religion built on HATE then we should prove them wrong by showing them MORE LOVE.

you have completely missed the point of the passage you quoted! all of it was written for the individual! it is for you, not you and your friends to gang up on others.

you dont want to be gay married, then dont. resist your gay attraction.

to stop others from living their lives in love, support, and more importantly political equality, is hateful.

you are preaching to the choir.

No need to be so defensive. I don't bite.

I respectfully ask that you let down your defenses a little bit and re-read what I said with an open mind. It seems you misunderstood me.

I am not arguing against homosexuals or advocating hate against them. I am simply saying that Jesus never advocated hate some people claim. And for those people who think so, then Christians should prove them wrong by showing them more LOVE.

I disagree with any form of hate against homosexuals or anyone for that matter. Hate and bigotry anger me more than any other. I have been a victim of both.

A man can call himself a christian and say he hates the whole world. But anyone who reads the Bible and understands the teachings of Jesus knows what fruits a true Christian produces. And HATE is not one of those fruits.

I am also saying that sin is sin enough to disqualify all men from eternal life. I am saying the Bible teaches homosexuality is a sin just as divorce is a sin just as HATE is a sin. And ALL men are guilty of committing sin.This is why the Gift of Salvation is FREE and extended to ALL mankind since ALL MEN SIN and no man can earn his way into heaven. This is what the Bible teaches.

The old testament does talk alot of about people being put to death for committing certain sins. But this topic is better left to Christians who are mature in their understanding b/c of the potential for this to be misused and abused. Jesus says we are under a new covenant now that he has died on the cross, paid the penalty for our sin, resurrected and ascended into heaven. He said he has taken taken the power from Death and Hades. He paid the price for our sins so we can live. We are no longer put to death for sins.

Even Jesus himself was criticized by the Pharisees for being seen associating with sinners. And his response was, "On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Mark 6:12.

Then there is this(its talking about what Jesus did on the cross):
Romans 5:18-19, "18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous."

This is not justification to sin. This is justification for sin.

If you think I am bashing homosexuals or condemning them for homosexuality then you are grossly misunderstanding what I am saying. I make this disclaimer so no one should misunderstand my words.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

I can understand and appreciate that.

But Christians that embrace that interpretation will most likely still vote against gay equality as it's still viewed as sin. So what you feel is not having anything against them (hate sin not sinner) actually does manifest itself against the gay community at the voting booth.

Does that make sense?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

I am sure this has been "explained" to you many times. I highly doubt another explanation will show you the error of your ways.

Animals in nature, use acts for and to dominate and show the "natural order" for animals. Don't pull the F'n Sea slug crap. We are not suppose to be animals.

Animals also attack and eat each other. So whats your point? For them that is natural. So don't be stupid!

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join